Too early for HT?

• Valued Contributor

Have you considered shaving your head? If not then your first port of call should be medication. Surgery is always a last result. I'm not a doctor but have you tried finasteride and/or minoxidil? You want to stabilize your hair loss situation. If you have surgery now without seeing if medication can help you, at 24 you will definitely continue to have further loss and that means further surgeries. All the best.

Definitely too early for surgery, you can try meds and treatments first.

I would wait 3-4 years to have estimation for HT.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

@jasonwas,

24 years of age is typically a bit early to undergo hair transplant surgery. However, there are always exceptions to every rule. Many of these exceptions have to do with a patient’s particular circumstances and whether or not they have the characteristics that make for a good candidate in retrospect of age.

In your case however, I didn’t see any mention of non-surgical solutions. If you have not yet tried Propecia/finasteride or Rogaine/minoxidil, I strongly suggest trying to use them for at least a year to see what they can do for you.  At the very least, if they can slow down or even stop the progression of male pattern baldness hen you may end up being a good candidate for surgical hair restoration in a year or two.

But at this point, I would truly focusing on non-surgical solutions and doing whatever you can to get your current hair loss under control. And then in a couple years, you can reevaluate whether or not hair transplant surgery is right for you.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

17 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Have you considered shaving your head? If not then your first port of call should be medication. Surgery is always a last result. I'm not a doctor but have you tried finasteride and/or minoxidil? You want to stabilize your hair loss situation. If you have surgery now without seeing if medication can help you, at 24 you will definitely continue to have further loss and that means further surgeries. All the best.

why should he shave? he still has lots of hair

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Mike10 said:

why should he shave? he still has lots of hair

Because if hair loss worries you many men find that shaving their head looks good. You won’t know until you try. I never thought I would look good if I shaved my head. But I did like it. Unfortunately my scalp was covered with scars.