Turkey Clinics & My hair advice

Hey, I'm new but I've been reading up quite a few topics here and I've been researching hair transplants in Turkey for a while now. 

I have been very vigilant of my decision as I read many awful stories but a lot of success ones too. 

One thing that put me off was when I was had a video call with "Live hair clinic" who have 92k insta followers (I assume many are bought/fake). They of course show before/after on their insta but not many reviews on them, mainly Google which ones again can be bought/fake. During the call the doctor didn't speak English and was apparently on break at the hospital, I asked the consultant if the doctor can show me something because it looked like both guys were at home and he said doctor cannot do as he's busy and I should respect his time.  Immediately after I asked for documentation: registration of their clinic/agency, doctor's qualification, anything. He said sure doctor will send straight after call but I never heard back from them. So I blocked them. 

Done intensive research into other clinics too which I didn't go ahead with and was considering smile hair clinic but I didn't like the fact that the doctor only draws the hairline and the rest is into hands of people I have no idea who they are. 

But I also researched doctors on here, id you do quick research on each of the top rates doctors this forum suggests, they all have verified bad reviews and unhappy clients after spending more than they would a cheap turkey clinic. 

Finally, one clinic which stands out to me is "All hair clinic", the consultant has been very transparent with me from the start, even saying they are not clinic but a travel agency that do hair transplants for many valid reasons which I agree with. Had few calls and she provided me with the agency's registration document and showed me the clinic staff and even offered to show a previous patient and have chat with him. Their package is 2100 which I know many of you will say is cheap and I should stay away but can anyone check their insta and tell me what you think of their before/after pictures? I can tell a difference in a really bad transplant but not and average one. Baring in mind I don't actually need doing much. 

Here is my hair, the main priority for me is to fix the temples and hopefully add some depth to the top of the head. I never had a transplant, used minoxidil for 3 months but stopped, never used any other medication - don't really want to. If I run my hand through my hair I get about 2-3 right now so it's a slow hair loss. 

Thank you, Adrian 

23 minutes ago, Adrian P said:

I found this clinic on Google maps and decided to investigate them. Haven't found anything on them elsewhere. 

And my current budget is only 2800 gbp including flights, hence I'm looking at Turkey 

Mate, with all due respect. This is a one way ticket to getting botched.

Say flights are £300 gbp. That leaves you with £2500. I don't know how many grafts you need, but if it's anywhere at 2,000+, you're essentially paying £1-1.5 per graft. I highly, highly recommend you save up if possible and go to a reputable clinic.

There's a few very good doctors in Turkey. Check out Pekiner, who is currently doing the best work there. Bicer as well is historically solid. Both are probably outside of budget unless you do a smaller procedure. I'm not a huge fan of Eugenix (in India), but they might be better suited at a lower package at your price point.

Otherwise, if you want a high certainty of getting botched, go to the many clinics that are charging around £2,500. Smile, Vera, Asli Tarcan, Hair of Istanbul or other no-name mills that advertise on Instagram. Different names, same garbage.

Edited by Z--

I just had a quick look at Perkiner you recommended but this is on his page for a before/after, now I don't have much experience in this field but this looks like a bad hair transplant to me, the hair line is way to straight you can kind of see it's fake

• Valued Contributor

For a budget clinic with good results you can consider the following ones imo 

Dr Nader, Dr Camacho ,eugnix(dr das) ,Dr turan ,dr yaman ,dr Kongkiat laowrong 

Imo this all are the best bet if your budget is low..if u cant afford all of the mentioned doctors thn plz dont go to any other cheaper ones thn ths as it wud b a great risk...just save a bit more and do it after an year or two...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

1 hour ago, Adrian P said:

I just had a quick look at Perkiner you recommended but this is on his page for a before/after, now I don't have much experience in this field but this looks like a bad hair transplant to me, the hair line is way to straight you can kind of see it's fake

Before_after_best_hair_DRCINIK-02%281%29.jpg

Agree it's a poor result. Despite that, he's still the best option in Turkey right now. At least there's patient testimonials indicating decent work. Never ever trust Instagram or the doctor's website as your only source of information. It's all cherry-picked.

4 hours ago, Adrian P said:

Before_after_best_hair_DRCINIK-02%281%29.jpg

This isnt Dr Pekiner, this is from Dr Ciniks clinic which is a well known hair mill in Turkey. To be honest, I would think he is one of the worst clinics in Turkey from some of the results I've seen, and if this is one of the results that's he is proud enough to show on his website, then that says it all.

• Well Done 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

You're about to make a huge mistake so take a step back and just breathe. Your pattern is showing NW 5/6. You're not willing to get on medication. You look young. This is the typical recipe for disaster that we try to warn against. If you get a transplant now in the front you will continue to lose and it will look extremely odd. Especially if you're going to a hair mill. Please take our advice. Visit a reputable clinic and rethink medical therapy before doing anything else. Any of these clinics your thinking about don't care about your long term well being. They will all take your money and do whatever you ask them to. 

• Like 2

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Z-- said:

Why are you using insta to judge a clinic? Use real patient results here or other forums.

^This, instagram isn’t a good metric to judge a clinic. Having 90k followers means nothing. Dr. Konior doesn’t even have an instagram page, yet he’s arguably one of the best surgeons in the world. Use this forum to research.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, BDK081522 said:

You're about to make a huge mistake so take a step back and just breathe. Your pattern is showing NW 5/6. You're not willing to get on medication. You look young. This is the typical recipe for disaster that we try to warn against. If you get a transplant now in the front you will continue to lose and it will look extremely odd. Especially if you're going to a hair mill. Please take our advice. Visit a reputable clinic and rethink medical therapy before doing anything else. Any of these clinics your thinking about don't care about your long term well being. They will all take your money and do whatever you ask them to. 

Sadly I agree, this has all of the ingredients for a life-altering disaster. Aggressive loss pattern, young age, very low-budget, and unwillingness to use medication. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
11 hours ago, Adrian P said:

Hey, I'm new but I've been reading up quite a few topics here and I've been researching hair transplants in Turkey for a while now. 

I have been very vigilant of my decision as I read many awful stories but a lot of success ones too. 

One thing that put me off was when I was had a video call with "Live hair clinic" who have 92k insta followers (I assume many are bought/fake). They of course show before/after on their insta but not many reviews on them, mainly Google which ones again can be bought/fake. During the call the doctor didn't speak English and was apparently on break at the hospital, I asked the consultant if the doctor can show me something because it looked like both guys were at home and he said doctor cannot do as he's busy and I should respect his time.  Immediately after I asked for documentation: registration of their clinic/agency, doctor's qualification, anything. He said sure doctor will send straight after call but I never heard back from them. So I blocked them. 

Done intensive research into other clinics too which I didn't go ahead with and was considering smile hair clinic but I didn't like the fact that the doctor only draws the hairline and the rest is into hands of people I have no idea who they are. 

But I also researched doctors on here, id you do quick research on each of the top rates doctors this forum suggests, they all have verified bad reviews and unhappy clients after spending more than they would a cheap turkey clinic. 

Finally, one clinic which stands out to me is "All hair clinic", the consultant has been very transparent with me from the start, even saying they are not clinic but a travel agency that do hair transplants for many valid reasons which I agree with. Had few calls and she provided me with the agency's registration document and showed me the clinic staff and even offered to show a previous patient and have chat with him. Their package is 2100 which I know many of you will say is cheap and I should stay away but can anyone check their insta and tell me what you think of their before/after pictures? I can tell a difference in a really bad transplant but not and average one. Baring in mind I don't actually need doing much. 

Here is my hair, the main priority for me is to fix the temples and hopefully add some depth to the top of the head. I never had a transplant, used minoxidil for 3 months but stopped, never used any other medication - don't really want to. If I run my hand through my hair I get about 2-3 right now so it's a slow hair loss. 

Thank you, Adrian 

@Adrian P remember you are not buying a second hand car. Most people do more research for a two week holiday than they do for permanent life changing surgery. Use this forum to look at patients who have a similar hair loss as yourself with results that are inline with your own goals. Three months on minoxidil is not a commitment. You need to be committed to a life of future surgeries. It will not be just one. That takes time and money. A lot of money. Their will be people in Turkey and around the world willing to take your money and tell you everything you want to hear. I’m not a doctor but medication is the first port of call. Start with Finasteride with your doctor. Give it a year. It may help you enough to keep your hair and possibly improve it. Surgery is a last resort. If surgery is indicated in a year or so then save up for it. Don’t ruin your life with regrets based on one bad decision. All the best.