Dr. Pittella - 11.608 grafts - 31 years old

Decent result considering where you started from, but I will say that your donor area (mainly sides) are looking a bit empty, do you have before pics to see if it was always like that?

• Administrators

Standards have gone way up if you consider this ‘decent’ this was impossible a few years ago with FUE.

IMG_2232.jpeg

I would like to see a top down picture though for comparison.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Incredible result really. I do agree with @Ccd99that donor looks slightly patchy. But, when it comes to high Norwoods, it really is a tricky trade off. In my consult with Dr. Pittella, I got the sense that to achieve a result like this, donor might take a slight hit. At the same time, Dr. Pittella is careful about achieving homogeneous density in the donor area relative to the recipient area. So, while the donor doesn't look perfect, would I rather have a thick back and sides and nothing on top? Or something that looks like this ? For me, at least, it's the latter, by a mile. 

Edited by zach07

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2024 at 2:30 PM, Ccd99 said:

Decent result considering where you started from, but I will say that your donor area (mainly sides) are looking a bit empty, do you have before pics to see if it was always like that?

My sides are normal, i think the photo is strange because messy hair. Sorry. I'll take better photos to show better. and also post photos os the sides BEFORE surgery

On 2/7/2024 at 2:46 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Standards have gone way up if you consider this ‘decent’ this was impossible a few years ago with FUE.

IMG_2232.jpeg

I would like to see a top down picture though for comparison.

I'll take in a while

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 7:29 PM, Felipe Pianzoli said:

Photos taken 1 year after surgery.

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-03 at 08.41.11 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-03 at 08.41.11.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-03 at 08.41.10 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-03 at 08.41.10 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-03 at 08.41.10.jpeg

The result looks good considering your pre op photos but these photos are a bit dark and we can’t see details.

Can you post photos with more light for example photos outside wth natural lighting or sun? Thanks 🙏🏻 

Edited by Jackdaniels

Dr pitella is my favorite surgeon for several reasons. I got some questions.

What package did you choose?

What was the state of your donor deemed as pre surgery?

Were you taking meds pre/post surgery?

Edited by lunch_owl

• Valued Contributor

@Felipe Pianzoli For a guy that started in deep NW6 heading into hard NW7 territory this is literally as good as it gets.

Are you happy with where you're at or would you prefer to get any more work done?

Edited by Steeeve

On 2/17/2024 at 9:53 AM, lunch_owl said:

Dr pitella is my favorite surgeon for several reasons. I got some questions.

What package did you choose?

What was the state of your donor deemed as pre surgery?

Were you taking meds pre/post surgery?

Sure!
Package Choice: I chose the Prime Package.

Donor Area Condition Pre-Surgery: My donor area was reasonable, somewhat sparse.

Medication Pre/Post Surgery: Yes, I was already taking minoxidil and I continue to take minoxidil.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 9:08 PM, Steeeve said:

@Felipe Pianzoli For a guy that started in deep NW6 heading into hard NW7 territory this is literally as good as it gets.

Are you happy with where you're at or would you prefer to get any more work done?

Exactly, I didn't even know it was possible to correct to this extent. I'm happy with the result, and I believe that if it's possible to do one more minor procedure, I think so, although I'm quite satisfied with the outcome.

On 2/7/2024 at 3:23 PM, zach07 said:

Incredible result really. I do agree with @Ccd99that donor looks slightly patchy. But, when it comes to high Norwoods, it really is a tricky trade off. In my consult with Dr. Pittella, I got the sense that to achieve a result like this, donor might take a slight hit. At the same time, Dr. Pittella is careful about achieving homogeneous density in the donor area relative to the recipient area. So, while the donor doesn't look perfect, would I rather have a thick back and sides and nothing on top? Or something that looks like this ? For me, at least, it's the latter, by a mile. 

I'm all for it