Considering a Repair HT after 3800 FUE

VladRojas

• Valued Contributor
9 hours ago, VladRojas said:

Hi @A_4_Archan
Yes,  i mean i think ill go with what he suggested of 1k grafts to fix my donor from beard and chest. Also 500 grafts from donor to improve the hairline. 
Hopefully, if things go well. If i want to improve the looks on my donor i might do SMP

Yeh this is the best plan..best of luck and keep updating ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

I also would like to see the visual result in the donor after enough time has passed.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 2/15/2023 at 4:33 PM, Mr Sinister said:

“When grafts are taken from one focused area, overharvesting suggests that also blood vessels have been disrupted, and scarring will have occurred in the skin tissue, even if not visible, meaning the scalp's response will be unique, and there is no guarantee of growth“

Bisanga told me the same and I completely agree. That’s why I only did a small job. It’s a tough decision only you can make. Risk losing donor with no guarantees or save some for the future. We took 800 beard and 200 chest. I think I had approximately 50% success overall. They also had to remove 2 cysts they found in my donor due to the bad work of my first surgery. So they are completely accurate about damage and scarring as a result of poor donor care.

This is partly why I went with a series of smaller procedures for my repairs. I had scars all over and not just in the donor area. In the recipient area I had 5 scalp reductions, grafts that had been removed and relocated. 100s of punch outs that were sewn closed to try to reduce bald spots with no growth because I didn't have any donor grafts left to use, etc, etc. I didn't think doing a large session over top of all those scars was the best idea.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators
On 5/8/2024 at 2:46 AM, Gatsby said:

Personally I would give Smile a big pass. 

You may find yourself frowning after visiting Smile

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.