Repair procedure 7 months - Can I expect much more?

6 hours ago, knivesout09 said:

Wanted to give an update as I approach 12 months.

The density unfortunately hasn't improved so much, although my hair calibre has developed.

Unfortunately I've also been left with cobblestoning.

Fair to say I don't consider the repair to be a success.

I'm now reviewing further options.20230616_103138.thumb.jpg.6d13df9bda48a857ac4c6ec5c313694c.jpg

The cobblestoning is so obviously from the picture. He did exactly the same to me too. Gave me a cobblestoning and a bad growth and result. This is awful and I don’t understand why he is still recommended when he have been delivering bad results lately and botching peoples recipient. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, knivesout09 said:

Surgeon was Dr Mwamba.

darn, yet another poor density result from him. 

@knivesout09 I haven't had time to read your entire post history - can you please clarify, is the cobblestoning from Mwamba as well?

IMO there is absolutely no legitimate reason or excuse for cobblestoning. Even the most mediocre of doctors should easily be able to prevent cobblestoning. Cobblestoning should only be a legitimate risk if you go to a truly bottom-of-the-barrel doctor. 

Say what you will about the density issues; I am genuinely surprised and a bit taken aback if this cobblestoning is from your Mwamba surgery. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1

From the PICS the density looks good and natural. I think your concern should not be adding density to the hairline but to make sure your hair loss is in control, and you have enough donor left in case you move from NW2 to high NWs .  

Sorry to see this bro

Sadly, repairs are not always straightforward, but it hurts more when you do your research, go to a 'top' doctor, and don't get a result.

I would say it's defo not the worst ever and most people won't detect it, but it's very similar to my case, and I know it bugs me. So go to someone legit who does ALL the extractions and incisions (and at least some of the implantation themselves). And put this to rest for good.

• Like 4

I am not sure to be honest bro. Asli Suckjan definitely gave me some, but I can't really notice it anymore as Mwamba removed some grafts. But the skin in the left side of my hairline on the left looks a bit 'cobbly' sometimes, but don't know if that's cobblestoning, and if it is, it's not noticeable.

1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

darn, yet another poor density result from him. 

@knivesout09 I haven't had time to read your entire post history - can you please clarify, is the cobblestoning from Mwamba as well?

IMO there is absolutely no legitimate reason or excuse for cobblestoning. Even the most mediocre of doctors should easily be able to prevent cobblestoning. Cobblestoning should only be a legitimate risk if you go to a truly bottom-of-the-barrel doctor. 

Say what you will about the density issues; I am genuinely surprised and a bit taken aback if this cobblestoning is from your Mwamba surgery. 

Agreed. It's really weird -- Mwamba is one of the few elite doctors who seemingly has this issue recur again and again. Does it have something to do with the way he places the grafts?

It's really unacceptable.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2023 at 1:49 PM, RTC said:

Sorry to see this bro

Sadly, repairs are not always straightforward, but it hurts more when you do your research, go to a 'top' doctor, and don't get a result.

I hear ya.

I have some pretty noticeable recipient scarring myself, despite doing the research and going with a recommended doc.  I'm still relatively early in my recovery, so maybe it will get better, but it's strange considering others seem to have near invisible recipient scars with the same doc.  Maybe it's a physiological thing with me.

Hi - no I didn't pursue it.

I'm of the opinion if it didn't work first time, going with the same Dr doesn't make sense.

My hair calibre has thickened thankfully, but is clear that everything planted didn't grow.

The repair is not looking good, ridges are still there with cobblestoning as well , was your hairline lowered or new grafts added to previous 1st HT ??, also how much is cm from hairline to glabella distance ?

also do share or mention/tag (just to understand  properly what went wrong )

1.  Before pics

2. After 1st HT surgery  pics +  final results pics

3.  After 2nd surgery repair pics 

if your distance from glabella to hairline is more then very thin singles with irregularities and proper direction + depth can be added to give natural results 

sad that both your surgeries were done by forum recommended names and if many such cases repeats then its a problem and recommended names has to be analysed and updated constantly..

Edited by WoundedWolf
  • Sad 1

Well I believe that Dr Bisanga mentioned that high regrowth percentage that he achieves regularly is guaranteed because of minimal grafts manipulation and optimized time outside of body. Maybe Mwamba's style of work is effective for some people (performing procedure really slowly with grafts outside of body for a long time) but some have more "fragile" grafts that can't be outside for so long and that's why we have some cases from him without achieving satisfying density.

• Moderators

Minor cobblestoning will usually flatten out and correct itself over a couple of years.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

Minor cobblestoning will usually flatten out and correct itself over a couple of years.

Eh, i really would want to be cautious with giving OP false hope, or worst case remaining completely idle on an issue that ultimately will not resolve itself on its own.

I am a (former) botched patient who had many badly angled grafts. I was told by multiple sources, including doctors, that my bad angles would autocorrect themselves as the years go on. That was a lie. 

For any botched patient out there - while i do not necessarily think being a pessimistic nervous wreck is helpful, I do think that any botched patient should have a brutally realistic and objective attitude and outlook with the results at hand.

It is much better to 100% accept a bad result/bad situation because that enables patients to begin the journey of repair/correction. 

If a patient is filled with false hope, they may sit idle for years and years desperately and obsessively praying to the hair gods for a miracle auto-correction that likely will never come...

Edited by HappyMan2021