5000++ grafts with Dr Kongkiat Laorwong of Absolute Hair [FUT + FUE]

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2023 at 9:39 PM, Anon94 said:

What other doctors are there? I imagine most people just don't know all the different doctors in that part of the world. 

does the owner of this forum allow us to post names of doctors that don't have the usual regonition by some hair board even though they're trained by Dr Path and all churning out equally good results of their patients' HTs? 

11 minutes ago, HairOnMyHead said:

does the owner of this forum allow us to post names of doctors that don't have the usual regonition by some hair board even though they're trained by Dr Path and all churning out equally good results of their patients' HTs? 

I imagine so, many of the journeys posted on here aren't by surgeons on the forums recommended list.

The more good surgeons we are aware of the better. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/5/2023 at 7:59 AM, HairOnMyHead said:

Wonderful transformation . Does Dr kongkiat do FUE only too ? Do you think with FUE similar result can be achieved ? My concern will be the FUT scar in case if someone wants to fade his hair. 

9 hours ago, rsb said:

Hey man loved the results, can we get some recent pictures?

all good man. no surprises been a year since my HT with Dr Kongkiat Laorwong. I haven't been using minoxidil diligently as per the instructions so i've gone back to that. 

image.thumb.jpeg.20d13b28e673382e7ba5db8f5ab1cba5.jpeg

6 hours ago, Kamran10 said:

Wonderful transformation . Does Dr kongkiat do FUE only too ? Do you think with FUE similar result can be achieved ? My concern will be the FUT scar in case if someone wants to fade his hair. 

I don't think anybody on this forum including patients of Dr Kongkiat Laorwong can give you a definitive answer. What you should be doing is taking pics of your head from all angles and sending it to him with a complete set of numbered questions. That's what I did and he appreciated the fact that I did that. You need to understand this is not akin to chatting up a girl online where you pose a question to her and then wait for her to reply and this cycle repeats till goodness knows when. Dr Laorwong is a busy man. 

I previously had the frankenstein scar around the back of my scalp. My scar has since faded. I only found out after I went for a haircut and the barber did a high slope for me. 

On 11/6/2023 at 12:13 AM, Anon94 said:

I imagine so, many of the journeys posted on here aren't by surgeons on the forums recommended list.

The more good surgeons we are aware of the better. 

There are many good surgeons in Thailand. Most of them have been trained by Dr Path. When I started my research in 2012/2013, Dr Path was my first choice but his rates were too high. I then chanced upon Dr Suradej Pong and he was my firm choice for many years. But I always had difficulty accepting the hairline and results of the bulk of his patients. It simply wasn't the look that I was looking for. I then looked at Europe, Pakistan, Korea, Malaysia, India (the usual clinics mentioned here), US (Dr D****) but nothing really caught my eye in terms of the final results of the work done on the patients.

Finally I came across Dr Kongkiat Laowrong's work online and then started reading up more on his patient testimonials. Several factors came into play such as the layout of his website, pics of his works, patient testimonials on his site and other information elsewhere online and of course the cost. What cemented Dr Laorwong as my firm choice was a combination of the manner in which he replied to all my queries in great detail + he didn't rush me to make a decision + he said i was a good candidate. 

• Like 2

May I know what influenced your decision to go with FUT + FUE.

I’m also thinking about same approach since my hair loss is pretty aggressive.But I also want to make the best decision. It will be really helpful if you can provide the picture of back your head with high fade.

I discussed with Dr Laorwong in Oct23 for combo of FUT and FUE. His reply was to inform him in advance as he needs to find staff. 
Looks like he do not a dedicated staff to help for FUT anymore.

@rsb Dr Laorwong was the one who proposed the FUE + FUT combo. I can upload multiple pictures of my head from all angles. End of the day, no two cases are the same. You should seek guidance from your surgeon. If he says with conviction that you are a suitable candidate for FUE + FUT then I don't see why you should disagree with him. As for his staff shortages, I wouldn't know anything about it. During my HT a year ago, I had a team of nurses working on me and being around me. What was supposed to be a 2 day session turned out to be a singular 15 hour session with 2 breaks in between for me to consume my meals.

I wanted to meet up with Dr Laorwong last month so that he could see my hair situation in person and seek advice from him on what to expect in the coming years etc. I hope to visit him later this year. Preparation is indeed key. 

• Administrators

Incredible 

AC2E465B-0A99-4052-91A9-90390BA27328.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Melvin- Admin Hi Melvin. thanks for the collage. It really does put things into perspective. I went hair loss for many years and then had to deal with fibres, laces, hair systems and finally I can safely say I am done with all of that. I sincerely hope the lurkers and members on this forum do their due diligence and research before they commit to a particular hair surgeon. Btw I am not on propecia and never have been. I'm using minoxidil once a day by spraying 8 pumps onto my scalp and massaging it. I'm also taking multivitamin and biotin daily. and once every few days I use a shampoo/conditioner. I'm planning to colour my hair in the near future. but will only do so with a good salon with safe practices and who knows how to work on my hair without damaging the roots and scalp.

image.png.736a965e9f72243409a8bae40bbd0343.png

image.png.4bd46823cd657cebcc76a5b9c967bb81.png

image.png.18bf7d5d365ccfc80f812ec472b772bf.png

image.png.36f1ee0ab1226e8b32199d28c308c9cb.png

image.png.dd79902558c755953eaf4344d6601447.png

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 7:14 AM, HairOnMyHead said:

all good man. no surprises been a year since my HT with Dr Kongkiat Laorwong. I haven't been using minoxidil diligently as per the instructions so i've gone back to that. 

image.thumb.jpeg.20d13b28e673382e7ba5db8f5ab1cba5.jpeg

I don't think anybody on this forum including patients of Dr Kongkiat Laorwong can give you a definitive answer. What you should be doing is taking pics of your head from all angles and sending it to him with a complete set of numbered questions. That's what I did and he appreciated the fact that I did that. You need to understand this is not akin to chatting up a girl online where you pose a question to her and then wait for her to reply and this cycle repeats till goodness knows when. Dr Laorwong is a busy man. 

I previously had the frankenstein scar around the back of my scalp. My scar has since faded. I only found out after I went for a haircut and the barber did a high slope for me. 

There are many good surgeons in Thailand. Most of them have been trained by Dr Path. When I started my research in 2012/2013, Dr Path was my first choice but his rates were too high. I then chanced upon Dr Suradej Pong and he was my firm choice for many years. But I always had difficulty accepting the hairline and results of the bulk of his patients. It simply wasn't the look that I was looking for. I then looked at Europe, Pakistan, Korea, Malaysia, India (the usual clinics mentioned here), US (Dr D****) but nothing really caught my eye in terms of the final results of the work done on the patients.

Finally I came across Dr Kongkiat Laowrong's work online and then started reading up more on his patient testimonials. Several factors came into play such as the layout of his website, pics of his works, patient testimonials on his site and other information elsewhere online and of course the cost. What cemented Dr Laorwong as my firm choice was a combination of the manner in which he replied to all my queries in great detail + he didn't rush me to make a decision + he said i was a good candidate. 

I notice on all your pics your hair is brushed back. Is this purely for style? Or are you hiding a thinner mid scalp/crown?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2023 at 9:39 PM, Anon94 said:

What other doctors are there? I imagine most people just don't know all the different doctors in that part of the world. 

any of you from this article on this forum? looks like a clean job done. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13074719/men-lose-hair-processed-food-drinks-stress-accelerating-baldness-treatments.html

@Gatsby @Arshad @d-mo @R. Jones @E-Nygma @za1z

image.png.9d7809bb62e47fe65e2275551e1347d1.png

6 hours ago, HairOnMyHead said:

you’re good craic posting an ‘article’ from the Daily Mail. 😆