5000++ grafts with Dr Kongkiat Laorwong of Absolute Hair [FUT + FUE]

On 1/29/2023 at 11:46 PM, Kixinit said:

Will Biotin be the only vitamin you will be buying to help improve your hair or did he recommend any others?

With Dr Kongkiat's assurance, I will only be taking Biotin but I regret not buying it from his clinic because the other Biotin brands elsewhere online such as iHerb have nowhere near the number of ingredients that Dr Kongkiat's clinic bottle has. I checked with the receptionist and they said they can send it to me via DHL but I know it's going to be very costly. So I'm currently in talks with 3 forwarders to collect the Biotin from Dr Kongkiat's clinic and send it to me in my home country which will be much cheaper and I can use the savings by not using DHL to purchase a year's supply until I return to his clinic ins January 2024 either for a second touch-up or just a holiday or both. So if either of you do go ahead to do your transplant with Dr Kongkiat, you might wanna just purchase the medication from his clinic directly if he prescribes them to you. 

9 hours ago, hairlines said:

Thank you for the write up. I had a call with him early this morning about a very similar plan, FUT + FUE combination. I'm trying to make a final decision between him and Dr Path.

My main concern has been about communication ability in English, as that is all I speak. From what I'm reading here on the forum he is quieter and doesn't say so much which is OK, but do you think we understands and can take feedback well? Particularly interested around hairline design etc.

He does have an aura about him. He listens attentively to what you have to say and he will answer your questions in a precise way. He speaks very good English. I was also worried about my hairline design but he factored in my age as well as my face shape and I went along with his suggestion. If you can, send him your pictures when you had a full head of hair and till your hair started falling till recently so this way he can have a better idea and then perhaps factor in your age and then when you meet him for the consultation, you can discuss on how high or low you want the hairline to be. I told him i wanted it to be as natural as possible because having a straight hairline would never work for me given my faceshape, age and the fact that i've never ever had a straight hairline in my life.

I suggest if you do meet him for the consultation in person, to have a prepared set of questions to ask him. I did exactly that and I sent the questions to myself on whatsapp. So when I spoked with him, I referred to my phone and I managed to clear all my doubts without wasting his time or giving him the impression that I had come unprepared.

9 hours ago, AlexMeister21 said:

His English is pretty good and he should be able to understand what you're communicating. Also takes a good amount of time assessing your scalp and hair situation. 

Yes. it can be quite nerve-wrecking because when i met him i was shocked that he went straight into the discussion and nothing else. he will have you seated infront of a mirror and he will stand in between you and the mirror and then draw the hairline as well as the different sections for the planting of grafts and make some markings. and then he will let you have a look into the mirror and then you can give him your input and take things from there.

@Thomo @Oceanperson @MJM @Britalian @Briguy @eyeballs11 @Curious25 @stephcurry30 @Otty @MissMyLongHair 

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, HairOnMyHead said:

With Dr Kongkiat's assurance, I will only be taking Biotin but I regret not buying it from his clinic because the other Biotin brands elsewhere online such as iHerb have nowhere near the number of ingredients that Dr Kongkiat's clinic bottle has. I checked with the receptionist and they said they can send it to me via DHL but I know it's going to be very costly. So I'm currently in talks with 3 forwarders to collect the Biotin from Dr Kongkiat's clinic and send it to me in my home country which will be much cheaper and I can use the savings by not using DHL to purchase a year's supply until I return to his clinic ins January 2024 either for a second touch-up or just a holiday or both. So if either of you do go ahead to do your transplant with Dr Kongkiat, you might wanna just purchase the medication from his clinic directly if he prescribes them to you. 

He does have an aura about him. He listens attentively to what you have to say and he will answer your questions in a precise way. He speaks very good English. I was also worried about my hairline design but he factored in my age as well as my face shape and I went along with his suggestion. If you can, send him your pictures when you had a full head of hair and till your hair started falling till recently so this way he can have a better idea and then perhaps factor in your age and then when you meet him for the consultation, you can discuss on how high or low you want the hairline to be. I told him i wanted it to be as natural as possible because having a straight hairline would never work for me given my faceshape, age and the fact that i've never ever had a straight hairline in my life.

I suggest if you do meet him for the consultation in person, to have a prepared set of questions to ask him. I did exactly that and I sent the questions to myself on whatsapp. So when I spoked with him, I referred to my phone and I managed to clear all my doubts without wasting his time or giving him the impression that I had come unprepared.

Yes. it can be quite nerve-wrecking because when i met him i was shocked that he went straight into the discussion and nothing else. he will have you seated infront of a mirror and he will stand in between you and the mirror and then draw the hairline as well as the different sections for the planting of grafts and make some markings. and then he will let you have a look into the mirror and then you can give him your input and take things from there.

@Thomo @Oceanperson @MJM @Britalian @Briguy @eyeballs11 @Curious25 @stephcurry30 @Otty @MissMyLongHair 

Thnks for the suggestions...so i would be soon preparing the questionnaire as am booked for my ht with him this march..😊

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

On 2/4/2023 at 6:08 AM, hairlines said:

I'm all booked in for almost the same treatment, thank you for all the notes and advice! Staying in The Ex Capital Hotel, fingers crossed it is OK.

If you can, do tell us about your experience at The Ex Capital Hotel. How many days will you be staying there? I stayed at AIM House Bangkok for 10 nights and as I mentioned before, the only problem I had was with the mosquitoes in the lobby and adjourning seating area. Everything else was great.

If you can, please find out the price for the minoxidil, biotin tablets and any other medication that will be prescribed to you. Do post pics of the products front and back as well so we can discuss about the ingredients in the products. I don't see any discussion of this nature on this forum or elsewhere and i think we need to shine some light on this because the post recovery of the transplant is important. What we take to improve hair growth etc is a vital point that is often overlooked. 

On 2/2/2023 at 4:18 PM, Archan said:

Thnks for the suggestions...so i would be soon preparing the questionnaire as am booked for my ht with him this march..😊

Which hotel will you be putting up at? Do share your experience at the hotel. Thanks. 

• Valued Contributor
44 minutes ago, HairOnMyHead said:

If you can, do tell us about your experience at The Ex Capital Hotel. How many days will you be staying there? I stayed at AIM House Bangkok for 10 nights and as I mentioned before, the only problem I had was with the mosquitoes in the lobby and adjourning seating area. Everything else was great.

If you can, please find out the price for the minoxidil, biotin tablets and any other medication that will be prescribed to you. Do post pics of the products front and back as well so we can discuss about the ingredients in the products. I don't see any discussion of this nature on this forum or elsewhere and i think we need to shine some light on this because the post recovery of the transplant is important. What we take to improve hair growth etc is a vital point that is often overlooked. 

Which hotel will you be putting up at? Do share your experience at the hotel. Thanks. 

I haven't decided on any hotel yet..will see it now...i am already a pharmacy owner so i wont buy any medicine frm there..am already on oral minoxidil and finasteride since 2 years ...😊

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, AlexMeister21 said:

There are AirBnbs near Krung Thon Buri station that are within walking distance of the clinic. I also saw a $20-30 hotel called Hop Inn that is right across the street from the clinic and like a 2-3 minute walk.

I wud definitely check out this hotel...wud prefer a hotel which is at a walking distance ...

--> My Thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2023 at 8:11 AM, AlexMeister21 said:

There are AirBnbs near Krung Thon Buri station that are within walking distance of the clinic. I also saw a $20-30 hotel called Hop Inn that is right across the street from the clinic and like a 2-3 minute walk.

you mind posting the airbnb links here? I did see Hop Inn. Its a huge yellow building with a big carpark infront. I'm visiting Dr Kongkiat end of this year.

1 hour ago, HairOnMyHead said:

you mind posting the airbnb links here? I did see Hop Inn. Its a huge yellow building with a big carpark infront. I'm visiting Dr Kongkiat end of this year.

You can find listings by looking at the map on Airbnb. Laorwong's clinic is approximately where I marked the red X.

laor.thumb.jpg.f3e25e4f2bf3bb1b1ef232072200e401.jpg

This one looks like it's right behind Laorwong's clinic:

https://abnb.me/4KoOjM0MAxb

Also looks nice and close:

https://abnb.me/BOqs4bnNAxb

This one's about a 10-15 minute walk, closer to Wongwianyai BTS station:

https://abnb.me/0QTyCCvNAxb

• Like 1

@AlexMeister21 Thank you for taking the time and effort to list the AirBnb spots. I sincerely appreciate it. My thing with Bnb is about the safety and security. For example if the place is even legitimately owned by the person who's posting the ad, are hidden cameras in the unit, will anyone come in with a spare key when I'm out and about etc. i'm keen to hear your thoughts and that of others too on Bnb. thanks. 

1 hour ago, hairlines said:

How is the healing going?

Thanks for asking. the scabs fell off completely few days after i got back home. I must admit I did pick on them a couple of times but stopped soon after because I was afraid I might rip out those tiny graft buggers at the same time! The tightness at the back of the scalp disappeared 2 weeks later. The shedding took place and there are sprouts in the middle of my scalp. Some of them are long but the rest are like buzzcut in length. The scar has disappeared but I'll get my sibling to check for me thoroughly when he takes the pics of my head either later today or over the weekend which I'll post on this forum soon. From time to time, I do experience aches around the scar area.  I did experience sharp pains from underneath the scar. Maybe someone can shed light on whether the sharp pain is because the wound underneath the skin layers hasn't healed yet althought the scar on the outer layer has healed? It still hurts when I sleep on my head and sides so believe it or not I either sleep on my stomach or when I'm seated on the comfy sofa settee. 

I don't think much about the hair etc because I'm pretty packed with work, upcoming exams etc. I figured no point mulling or overthinking about the hair transplant but to wait till end of the year before I make contact with Dr Kongkiat on whether I need a second procedure. I've also started taking Natrol Biotin. 

Edited by Hans - Webmaster
Promotional link removed.

5 hours ago, HairOnMyHead said:

@AlexMeister21 Thank you for taking the time and effort to list the AirBnb spots. I sincerely appreciate it. My thing with Bnb is about the safety and security. For example if the place is even legitimately owned by the person who's posting the ad, are hidden cameras in the unit, will anyone come in with a spare key when I'm out and about etc. i'm keen to hear your thoughts and that of others too on Bnb. thanks. 

Thanks for asking. the scabs fell off completely few days after i got back home. I must admit I did pick on them a couple of times but stopped soon after because I was afraid I might rip out those tiny graft buggers at the same time! The tightness at the back of the scalp disappeared 2 weeks later. The shedding took place and there are sprouts in the middle of my scalp. Some of them are long but the rest are like buzzcut in length. The scar has disappeared but I'll get my sibling to check for me thoroughly when he takes the pics of my head either later today or over the weekend which I'll post on this forum soon. From time to time, I do experience aches around the scar area.  I did experience sharp pains from underneath the scar. Maybe someone can shed light on whether the sharp pain is because the wound underneath the skin layers hasn't healed yet althought the scar on the outer layer has healed? It still hurts when I sleep on my head and sides so believe it or not I either sleep on my stomach or when I'm seated on the comfy sofa settee. 

I don't think much about the hair etc because I'm pretty packed with work, upcoming exams etc. I figured no point mulling or overthinking about the hair transplant but to wait till end of the year before I make contact with Dr Kongkiat on whether I need a second procedure. I've also started taking Natrol Biotin. 

I've stayed in numerous AirBnBs all over and only ever had one problem, which was on my recent trip to Bangkok. First place I booked had a clogged and dirty shower drain and the owner didn't pay their WiFi bill. The listing had red flags such as there were like 10-20 reviews left by people from China all in the same month, so perhaps the owner had their friends leave fake reviews. AirBnb gave me a full refund though and I was able to get a much, much better place for the same price and it was a five-minute walk to Laorwong, otherwise I would have had to take a taxi to get there.

If you see someone with legitimate reviews on AirBnb, then it should most likely be safe. As for hidden cameras, it is a possibility, but I don't know how likely it is. You could take the time to scan the room for cameras if you are paranoid about it. I believe you could use your phone's camera to see if there are any red infrared dots beaming from any hidden devices.

Also, I wasn't able to sleep completely on my back for like 2-3 months after my first two FUT surgeries with another doctor. If you don't have a neck pillow, I would get one as it relieves the pressure that you put on the donor.

• 3 weeks later...

hi all. its been 2 months since the transplant with Dr Kongkiat. I'm not on propecia or minoxidil. Only taking biotin. i'm also attaching the pamplet I received from the clinic and it contains good information. I also came across a link from during my research days the past few years. Hope it will be of some use to someone.

https://www.fuehairtransplantationthailand.com/16874330/post-op-timeline-fue-hair-transplant-thailand

hair 2.jpeg

hair 4.jpeg

hair 1.jpeg

hair 3.jpeg

hair 5.jpeg

On 3/20/2023 at 8:35 PM, Thrillhouse said:

How is the healing of your donor area now? Do you still have pain in the FUT scar area?

As you can see from the pics the donor area has healed. There is still some pain in the FUT scar area and I feel it whenever my nephews and nieces pat the back of my head when I carry them. Previously I would have pain in the scar area when I slept face-up on the pillow. It's 2 month since the transplant so I have long way to go before I see the full results. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 8:06 PM, mac187 said:

I really appreciate the detail you’ve given as a possible future client. It really helps a lot. 

Im hoping we get to see some solid growth results soon for you!

im not on any medications so the growth has been slow i guess. will post pics next month cos i don't see much difference from the pics i posted last month and the hair on my head now. Also wanted to share this interesting article I read during my research pre-transplant.

https://brunoferreira.com/blog/2019/2/22/why-i-divide-my-bigger-cases-into-multiple-sessions-and-multiple-procedures

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I've passed the 3 month mark and I'm not on any finasteride or minoxidil. I emailed Dr Kongkiat and he told me to get on finasteride at 1mg a day and minoxidil 5%. I've since got it from the pharmacy but am afraid of taking finasteride due to the known side effects such as libido, brain fog, loss of sensitivity in the genital area, reduced erections etc. I've been reading some scientific based papers, reading online articles and of course watching youtube videos. Problem is I don't know what I can or can't share on this forum lest the stuff I post gets deleted or worse I get permanently banned from the forum. The thing that I often sees get repeated is to take 1 mg (one pill) of finasteride once every 3 days and not exceed 3gm a week due to the often citized  Can I get away with just applying minoxidil twice a day on my scalp and not take finasteride altogether? attached are my pics from a few days ago at the 3 months mark. need advice on what I should do. thank you all.

image.png.eb9c7bf105ca6a43e4165aa4d439675c.png

@AlexMeister21 @junior @Freddy0 @densedream @tosspa @Archan @Jamos1982 @SteveRogers @rr1992 @JayKHair @Hristo13 @Gi29 @Ramons @Thomo @MJM @bw77 @Apostrophe1234 @Iceee222

36 minutes ago, HairOnMyHead said:

Problem is I don't know what I can or can't share on this forum lest the stuff I post gets deleted or worse I get permanently banned from the forum. 

Why should you be banned from the forum?

• Administrators

I’m confused why are you saying you’d be banned? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

You are free to share anything...no one is baned like that without any reasons...as far as finasteride goes ,its not that evryone gets side effects ..normally people can tolerate it so you can try it ...and if it doesn't suits you than you can stop it anytime..it won't cause any permanent side effects as such...but still if you don't want to take it than i guess minoxidil solution and biotin tablets would be fine...even you can consider oral minoxidil which has shown better results after consulting your surgeon ....right now you are at ugly duckling phase ..bt soon you will start seeing baby hairs which will start getting fuller and thicker after 4 months and your growth phase will start from that till 14-18 months...

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Like 1

--> My Thread