Post OP day 0 - FUT 5700 grafts with Dr. Wong

I think it looks like it should. The hairs will soften as they mature. They need to pass through one growth/shedding cycle. It's normal that they are a bit fringy/curled etc. at first.

Also, looking at your donor, the transplanted hair seem to have the same texture as the recipent site. Again, normal.

I would be very surprised if Wong misaligned your grafts.

Edited by Chrisno

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to your next update. Hair will mature and the appeareance will be way better. You chose one of the best doctors worldwide.

I hope everything improves and you got the result you deserve

all the best

Edited by baddecisions

~7 month update. Overall happy with the coverage and continued density, but not yet 100% satisfied. My worry is: 

1. Hair is very curly/wispy, much more so than my donor hair or my natural hair before it fell out 
  2. I know hair transplants are the illusion of density, but in natural light it doesn't feel like the illusion is very strong. The left side is also not as dense as the right side 
  3. Even from the side, transplanted area looks a lot thinner than side of head

Curious about whether i'm not being realistic, need to give it more time, or improve styling through gels/fibers/etc.

IMG_1581 Large.jpeg

IMG_1582 Large.jpeg

IMG_1583 Large.jpeg

IMG_1584 Large.jpeg

IMG_1585 Large.jpeg

IMG_1586 Large.jpeg

It looks pretty good actually considering a very large area was covered.

Maybe some new growth will happen but it’s pretty much the end of the road as far as that is concerned. The hairs will continue to mature and improve the illusion of density 

• Like 1

It's common for implanted hair to grow in 'kinky' the first time after a HT, then it 'matures'.

You're still a long way off the final result so far and I'd say it's on excellent track too.

A second surgery is always an obtain to increase density after 12 months if still not satisfied.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

This is a JAW DROPPING result for 5,700 grafts! WOW. Even in the direct harsh sun light your crown looks good. 
45F0C74C-F3E3-4DAD-8508-5A1FCD736AC5.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi, thanks for posting these updates. I have a surgery scheduled with Dr. Wong early 2024 and my pre op hair is very similar to yours. 

I agree that compared to pre op, it's a huge improvement. It's natural to be disappointed when our results don't look like the best results that we see on their sites. Truth is that's a minority. Lucky few who get incredible, might I say, life-altering results. Most people fall in the other category - Huge improvement, but still some left to be desired. 

Please don't believe for a second that it's a botched job. Dr. Wong has set an incredible bar, so when the results are less than perfect, it's not botched, not by any stretch. It's just not perfect, but a great improvement, and most of us will accept that, if we are being realistic and reasonable. 

All the best and do keep posting updates. 

Z

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimeForAChange said:

Amazing result. Are you planning on getting another procedure (probably FUE) in the future to improve density?

I'll probably wait a full year to see how the crown fills in before making a call. I'm overall happy with the results and don't feel like i *need* a second surgery. but if i did another one it would definitely be FUE this time. luckily doing FUT first saves a lot in the "bank" 

• 2 months later...

One year in. Overall feeling good about the transplant. Getting positive reactions from my friends & family, the result looks pretty natural, and I have decent coverage given the starting point. 

Considering getting another HT at some point (would do FUE this time), but don't feel rushed to do it.  And not sure if i would want to lower the hairline or add density

IMG_3086 Large.jpeg

IMG_3085 Large.jpeg

IMG_3084 Large.jpeg

IMG_3083 Large.jpeg

IMG_3082 Large.jpeg

IMG_3081 Large.jpeg

• Like 1