Post OP day 0 - FUT 5700 grafts with Dr. Wong

What do people think? Looking good? I had some initial questions about the straight line grafts, but overall I trust Dr. Wong to make it look good!

edit: I asked Dr. Wong about the line method, and he said it helps get more density when you have a lot of grafts. If they are close enough together, you can't tell they're in a line. If your goal is to maximize coverage with fewer grafts, then a random pattern is better

image.thumb.jpeg.d88ba7d3b7280aecd52486e65583d764.jpeg

IMG_0014.jpg

Edited by MaximusEastwood
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, MaximusEastwood said:

Staples come out in two weeks.  Not sure about the density they used

You have any pre op photos of longer hair? It looks like they gave you really good density. Maybe you just have a lot of donor hair available but man being honest with you this looks like it could be one of the better results on this site if it grows accordingly. Wong looks like he did a phenomenal job on you!

Edited by JoDimaggio22

Day 4 update - glad to be back home! I still have some swelling in my face and neck, and my head is starting to itch.  The donor area is also still very tender.  I had my partner give me a hairwash last night, but she wasn't sure how much pressure to put on graft area.  Question for the forum - should we be scrubbing harder to remove the scabs from the donor scar? I'm also supposed to have her look for pimples as I had some two days post OP, but it's kind of unclear what is a pimple vs. scab, and i don't want her just randomly poking a needle around my head...

Getting a good night sleep is still the toughest part (i'm a side sleeper) so hoping I can get back to normal here soon...

IMG_0043 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0044 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0045 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0047 Medium.jpeg

@TG99 thanks!  And yea both myself and Dr. Wong were surprised to get that many grafts (he had initially estimated 4k to 5k).  I got to the clinic at 6:15am, started surgery probably around 7:15am, and left around 5:30pm.  So overall about 11 hours.  But this was actually faster than normal; Dr. Wong said a surgery of this size usually goes until around 7pm at night

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaximusEastwood said:

@TG99 thanks!  And yea both myself and Dr. Wong were surprised to get that many grafts (he had initially estimated 4k to 5k).  I got to the clinic at 6:15am, started surgery probably around 7:15am, and left around 5:30pm.  So overall about 11 hours.  But this was actually faster than normal; Dr. Wong said a surgery of this size usually goes until around 7pm at night

I had the same number of grafts and was in till nearly 9! That included extracting some old ones through. Out of curiosity, was your scalp diffusely thinning before or slick bald? Also are you taking finasteride?

1 hour ago, MaximusEastwood said:

@Steeeve here are a few photos of my "hair" pre-op

Top down back.jpg

Top back.jpg

Top down front copy.jpg

Wow it looks really good how many grafts they used to cover that! I really think this will be a good result! Please continue to update monthly because sometimes awesome cases like yours stop updating after 3-4 months. I really think you will be pleased a year from now. But crazy how much area they filled in and how well it appears they did it. 

• Valued Contributor

Seeing some unique plantation method....works look clean and would provide u enough density ...its good tht u achieved so many grafts through fut..he is a master in tht...

Can u plz specify how many grafts whr placed in specific region of scalp..if u have tht data..

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023