Post OP day 0 - FUT 5700 grafts with Dr. Wong

• Administrators

It looks like some shock loss around the strip incision. 
image.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

That Verteporfin may bring new life to FUT is an underrated point.

I have thought about this as well, the scar repair industry dwarfs hair loss by comparison. 

• 4 weeks later...

Everything is right on track. As per your current photos, there is no visibility of FUT scar which is great. 

Now that your surgery is done, please focus on your growth and avoid FUT vs FUE threads as it will make you more anxious. 

• Like 1

Hey dude! You're doing fine.  I've been watching your thread closely, cause I will likely be doing a a megasession with Wong (FUT) in December, and you have my hair color and skin color combo, and a similar norwood level. Please keep updating!

Listen FUE is great and all, but I think for people like us, FUT is still a very good option.  

If I come away with a scar looking as good as your's I will be ecstatic.  You've gone to one of the best, and you got a lot of hair in one session, which in my opinion isn't possible with FUE since that much trama causes risk to the donor.  Also, you still have options.  Look at all that great donor hair left.  You can still do a FUE session, or FUE into your scar.  Don't sweat it.  You're scar is well hidden, and no one is gonna be able to notice.

On 4/1/2023 at 10:56 PM, MaximusEastwood said:

Month 2 progress pics. including some with longer hair, and then after i did a buzz with a 2 guard. Still hoping that the scar area will thicken up...

IMG_0322 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0323 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0324 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0335 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0339 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0340 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0341 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0342 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0325 Medium.jpeg

• Administrators

@MaximusEastwood

You’re looking right on track, the incision is still healing. Your scar isn’t visible at all with that length. You’ve got normal to worry about 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 3/4/2023 at 10:53 AM, Steeeve said:

It should fill in a little more. The hair around the scar shocks out due to the trauma at the scar but typically comes back. Considering you’re a little over a month in the process you still have a little time for this process to resolve.

I had a strip performed in 2019 and if I had cut my hair to your length at a little over a month this is exactly what it would have looked like. I purposefully kept my hair longer during the process to conceal it while that hair around the scar grew back.

I cut my hair pretty short at months 3, 5, and 7 documenting the way the hair back their concealed the scar.

Note the slight scar visibility at 3 months:0C501F8B-AE17-4A49-8913-D06F7AA003DC.thumb.jpeg.ac014e1265b43043909c9ff28353e9ce.jpegIt was enough to make me uncomfortable but if anyone noticed, they didn’t ask about it.

At month 5 it had mostly resolved with a slight indentation in the hair where the scar is:D7303ECD-0833-44E2-BB54-DD6321D47B18.thumb.jpeg.998ca37f647f43bb9236f07033f0f7c6.jpegBy month 7 that indentation was even less, if noticeable at all. It had resolved by month 6 but I didn’t take pictures of it. This is what it looked like at month 7:69C2713C-F575-4BF4-962F-99E26954D82A.thumb.jpeg.0ee3abc5eb031823ddc8ff75674d758c.jpegI cut my hair down to an inch in these photos to document the process, however, I’ve cut my hair down to a 5 with my clippers in the years since and it wasn’t noticeable.

So, in my opinion, having experienced it firsthand and having read other poster’s experiences on the forum, unless you do something to cause the strip scar to widen in the first 6 months, this will resolve itself. I guess it really depends on how long you liked to wear your hair (in regard to how much you’ll worry about it later on) but I have always worn my hair longer anyway. I’m not a guy that has ever really worn a fade. Even still, I plan on having a small FUE later down the line to put in the scar to conceal it even more.

It sucks now with it being so visible but it’s still so early and there are some guys on here that can get away with with it being clipped down to a 3 or 4.

For me, with my hair cut down to a 5, it’s a total non-issue.

I just put down my deposit and will be doing my procedure in June with Dr. Arocha!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MaximusEastwood said:

Month 4 update! Front is coming in and it even looks like i have a hairline when you view it straight on. Crown is slower to come in but starting to see some growth

IMG_0856 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0857 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0858 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0861 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0863 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0864 Medium.jpeg

Amazing progress for 4 months! I can't see any sign of your scar now at least from the angles you've taken.

• 5 weeks later...

Wanted to share some top of head photos for ~5 month update. Feels like growth is coming in slower than what i've seen on other patient timelines, but curious to hear others thoughts. The three photos are include: 

1. Direct natural light, after having used foam minoxidil 

2. Direct natural light, no minoxidil

3. Bathroom (artificial) light 

IMG_1122 Large.jpeg

IMG_1125 Large.jpeg

IMG_1131 Large.jpeg

• Administrators

You’ve turned the corner for sure, hows the strip scar?

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...

Month 6 update! Starting to get better density on the top, but hoping there's more to come. Just got my haircut yesterday at a 4 guard on the sides, and you can barely notice the strip even then. 

Wanted to ask two questions to the group: 

1. Noticing the hairs in the front (especially on the right-side facing the mirror) tend to stick up, which is different from my hair before it fell out. Is this common? And will it change as the hair continues to grow/thicken? 
  2. How do people style their hair? I haven't gotten anything except a buzz for over 10 years, so needing to relearn how to style & get my hair cut...Any tips here haha 

IMG_1303 Large.jpeg

IMG_1304 Large.jpeg

IMG_1305 Large.jpeg

IMG_1306 Large.jpeg

IMG_1307 Large.jpeg

IMG_1308 Large.jpeg

IMG_1309 Large.jpeg

• Like 2