3 mos update, 3000 fue with Umar

At 3 months that is just the way it should look. The change is comming slowly but you will notice it at the end ot the each month from now on. Looks like it is going to be a very nice result. Good for you Abedogg!

Abedog

Thanks for the updates. My redness lingered for about 5 months. It's a huge pain.

How are your sides recovering. It looks like you had shockloss but I haven't really heard about that happening with FUE. Is it thickening up again? How do you account for it?

All the best,

SR

-----------------------------------------

2425 FUE - Dr Armani - Nov 2007 (poor result)

1000 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - March 25th 2010 (great result)

1599 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - Feb 3rd 2011

My Hair Loss Website

I think your results to date are very very good. I see a big improvement just in the last 2 weeks. I was in Umar's chair the day after you and I am definitely not as far advanced as you. The prolonged redness seems close to being a non-issue, esp as the hair continues to cover the area. I'd say the worst is clearly behind you. Congratulations!

Stingray,

I'll take some pics of the sides soon and post. They have filled in nicely. The right side is still a little thin, but it came back pretty quick after I start putting a little minox on it. I'm assuming it will continue to thicken up.

I did have shockloss in those areas. It happened after about a month and wasn't fun.

Thanks for the comments everyone. It is encouraging to know that it only gets better.

Abe

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

Congrats on making it past the first 1/4 mark, dude! The hairline looks awesome on you. Unlike an actual race it's going to be smooth -- and smoother -- sailing going forward!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Hey Abe, did Dr. Umar recommend using minox on the recipient area?

He did for me, but I haven't done it, I don't want to start minox and have to rely on it forever...besides its a pain applying it. I hope it won't affect my growth in the long run..

HJ,

Yes he did recommend minox and I've been using it right behind the recip area and on the side that had some shockloss.

I plan on stopping once everything has grown in. I did like the stuff that Umar gave me, but now I'm back to my original 5% minox.

Transplanted hair shouldn't shed once you stop minox as far as I know. And if it does, I'll be shedding but my hair will still look better.

I think the point of it is to speed up the growth process.

BTW - did you put minox on your donor area up until 2 weeks prior to the transplant? It was in Umar's pre-op instructions, and I did it but didn't know why. Now, I'm thinking it may increase the speed of growth since i seem to be an early grower.

Abe

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

I haven't used minox anywhere...., it gives me weird side effects. I tried it once many months ago...before my transplant and it gave me a weird reaction. Rapid heartbeat, needless to say that was enough for mr to stop. I have been using propecia and niz religiously for 10 months....

I have minor shockloss behind my right temple but nothing to be too worried about, my donor area has almost healed up 100%....no shockloss that I can see. Minor red dots on the right side by I suspect they will be gone within the next few weeks...

I hope I'm not doing any harm by NOT using minox...