Upcoming FUE with Dr. Bisanga

SecondHT

Hello,

I am 35 years old on FIN + 5mm oral Minoxidil and I am planning to document my hair-transplant journey with Dr. Bisanga (BHR clinic).

I have booked a FUE procedure exclusively with Dr. Bisanga (not a shared) on 30th of January 2023 (after two weeks). I already had an on site consultation with him and I was estimated to 1200 grafts to reinforce my temples which were already transplanted 6 years ago (another clinic). 

My first HT (1800 grafts in the frontline and temples) was not successful and I was overharvested at the right side (wrong grafts direction - 90 degrees, poor growth, overharvested). The clinic was Turkish (Dr. Demir, Turhair). It was a cheap one and I learned my lessons the hard way. Now I choose Dr. Bisanga because I don't have ANY place for more mistakes. I have chosen him because of his good reputation here. I really hope this time things to go the right way. Dr. Bisanga suggested me this small number of grafts because my donor is already harmed. I agree with him because better to have a smaller number of grafts than an overharvested donor. 

I am planning to document my progress in details so this post to be (hopefully) useful for others in choosing the right doctor.

I have one question at the moment regarding the redness of the recipient area. I would like to prepare in advance with what I would need. So I read about emu oil and aloe vera. Can you please suggest if any of them has a positive effect in reducing the redness in the recipient area?

I am sharing a few photos of my hair today and the day after my first HR.

This is how I look today (a bit wet hair):

image.png.e11ef10174da3c54b50eefb537a6cd78.pngimage.png.be952d6c5041080ad3c2d51f8ac642be.png

image.png.9b2e111bfd1eb641c144ddf27a19913e.png

image.png.45a92219d90c325abaf90f5529615aac.png

And this is around 10 days after my first HT, back in 2016:

7.jpg.fbc318c5cf35980bf6ff55a4a8c62ceb.jpg.31b4d45ddaf1a7a11c2f3dd48d064c0c.jpg6.thumb.jpg.268034aade06d639ab02daea32540840.jpg.d8b27ab817535b20f71ef64062a1f178.jpg

And this is the part that was overharvested:

8.jpg.f5183a054705bd952fd012b08ce6b5a5.jpg.8ebccc09b41d6b7afe9d3365cad8b001.jpg

And this is how I looked like before my first HT:

image.png.4f60d4489386b2e78acb64aaf2d0aae8.png

I had my second ht with Dr Bisanga 5 days ago.

The clinic will give you a full aftercare pack that has everything you need for the first 14 days.Outside of that I'd add alone vera and anti histamines for the itchiness.

The redness can last from 2 weeks to 5 months,there's not a lot you can do about it as everyone is different. Generally the darker your complexion the better.The redness was gone from my first ht after 7-8 weeks.

• Like 1

I forget if this was technically flouting the post-surgery instructions a bit...but by about the fourth week I took to dabbing on a little bit of a skin blemish concealer where redness was most apparent. I picked a product that was light weight, rather than the more cakey compounds that are often marketed for same purpose.

Note this is skin concealer, which is a different thing to hair loss concealer.

23 hours ago, Jonulous said:

I forget if this was technically flouting the post-surgery instructions a bit...but by about the fourth week I took to dabbing on a little bit of a skin blemish concealer where redness was most apparent. I picked a product that was light weight, rather than the more cakey compounds that are often marketed for same purpose.

Note this is skin concealer, which is a different thing to hair loss concealer.

I see. May be it is good to contain natural ingredients when put on top of the recipient area. Derma match probably has similar effect. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I finally did my HT with dr. Bisanga (30 Jan 2023). I will not go in a lot of details because most of the other topics in the forum already have said them.

Recipient area:

I had 1200 grafts mainly in the temples which were my primary goal. You can notice that the grafts are implanted above my first HT hairline because I think it was a bit low. I spoke with dr. Bisanga about that and he agreed that in a next session we can remove/relocate them so to remain the new hairline. I'm still not quite sure if I will do this but I think when I turn 40 years+, this old hair line will not look natural for my age.

Dr. Bisanga suggested me this number of grafts in my consultation but said that it could take a bit more if he connects the temples and reinforce the entire hair line. I also agreed with him but I didn't want to go above this number because I am afraid for my donor (which was already compromised).

Donor area:

The grafts were taken outside the area which was used for my first HT. And that destroyed area was clearly obvious after shaving my head (I will post more clear picture when the clinic sends me them). Just to mention that I was very apprehensive to shave my head because this was the first time in my life. My big ears do not stand well on a naked head 😅.

The procedure:

On the day of the operation, I first had a brief discussion about the documents and after that I met dr. Bisanga. I told him that I want a bit higher hairline and he draw it. Then I discussed with him my top priorities. My number one was the preservation of the quality of the donor area, so I told him that I would like to keep the impact minimal (I already new that he is good in donor management, so this was one of the reasons I chose him). A second was to fill the temples and if there are more grafts left to connect them (the new hair line).

Then I moved to the op. room. After few shots of anesthesia he started taking grafts from my right side and a bit of the back side. Later he made the incisions on the recipient side and left the room. Then his technicians started moving the grafts from the donor to the recipient side.

One thing which I wish regarding discussions with dr. Bisanga is he to be more inquiring. He looks a nice guy and of course answers all questions but I felt during consultation and the day of the procedure that he is not very talkative. I have explanation for this which is he already spoke the same things to hundreds of people and are well known for him but still often patients do not know what good questions to ask.

PS: If the moderator can edit the title to "Dr. Bisanga repair procedure 1200 grafts" or something similar because I don't have rights to do it :)

The day before the procedure (here I exposed intentionally the thin area😞

image.png.2c53b607666d69130fbe95590d32906b.png

image.png.f302db653d9e05380d6e6a66f3575bd3.png

Day 0 (the day of the procedure):

image.png.9ce65e15c12cf7a27171d4e45dc91d8f.pngimage.png.ba3f424dae9556f4e1ba8ddab6b357ad.png

image.png.08eb83cd95b821d503903e941b9754b3.png

image.jpeg.b2436bb7f671dfdad3477f7316596aaa.jpeg

Day 1:

image.png.a1860d227ab4cc127a954ae8a20afb2d.png

image.png.48d88df5a5a7992114cffb8f28ea7d12.png

image.png.8cef0fc8e664c8a64e4d0730d1c1901d.png

image.png.24476563c97b9f6f7d1588ac18801496.png

image.png.cfd53e6a9961948f2e21dc10f9266c8a.png

Edited by SecondHT
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, SecondHT said:

Hello,

I finally did my HT with dr. Bisanga (30 Jan 2023). I will not go in a lot of details because most of the other topics in the forum already have said them.

Recipient area:

I had 1200 grafts mainly in the temples which were my primary goal. You can notice that the grafts are implanted above my first HT hairline because I think it was a bit low. I spoke with dr. Bisanga about that and he agreed that in a next session we can remove/relocate them so to remain the new hairline. I'm still not quite sure if I will do this but I think when I turn 40 years+, this old hair line will not look natural for my age.

Dr. Bisanga suggested me this number of grafts in my consultation but said that it could take a bit more if he connects the temples and reinforce the entire hair line. I also agreed with him but I didn't want to go above this number because I am afraid for my donor (which was already compromised).

Donor area:

The grafts were taken outside the area which was used for my first HT. And that destroyed area was clearly obvious after shaving my head (I will post more clear picture when the clinic sends me them). Just to mention that I was very apprehensive to shave my head because this was the first time in my life. My big ears do not stand well on a naked head 😅.

The procedure:

On the day of the operation, I first had a brief discussion about the documents and after that I met dr. Bisanga. I told him that I want a bit higher hairline and he draw it. Then I discussed with him my top priorities. My number one was the preservation of the quality of the donor area, so I told him that I would like to keep the impact minimal (I already new that he is good in donor management, so this was one of the reasons I chose him). A second was to fill the temples and if there are more grafts left to connect them (the new hair line).

Then I moved to the op. room. After few shots of anesthesia he started taking grafts from my right side and a bit of the back side. Later he made the incisions on the recipient side and left the room. Then his technicians started moving the grafts from the donor to the recipient side.

One thing which I wish regarding discussions with dr. Bisanga is he to be more inquiring. He looks a nice guy and of course answers all questions but I felt during consultation and the day of the procedure that he is not very talkative. I have explanation for this which is he already spoke the same things to hundreds of people and are well known for him but still often patients do not know what good questions to ask.

PS: If the moderator can edit the title to "Dr. Bisanga repair procedure 1200 grafts" or something similar because I don't have rights to do it :)

The day before the procedure (here I exposed intentionally the thin area😞

image.png.2c53b607666d69130fbe95590d32906b.png

image.png.f302db653d9e05380d6e6a66f3575bd3.png

Day 0 (the day of the procedure):

image.png.9ce65e15c12cf7a27171d4e45dc91d8f.pngimage.png.ba3f424dae9556f4e1ba8ddab6b357ad.png

image.png.08eb83cd95b821d503903e941b9754b3.png

image.jpeg.b2436bb7f671dfdad3477f7316596aaa.jpeg

Day 1:

image.png.a1860d227ab4cc127a954ae8a20afb2d.png

image.png.48d88df5a5a7992114cffb8f28ea7d12.png

image.png.8cef0fc8e664c8a64e4d0730d1c1901d.png

image.png.24476563c97b9f6f7d1588ac18801496.png

image.png.cfd53e6a9961948f2e21dc10f9266c8a.png

image.png.9164314ded505f991d5c5b7b57fe25a3.png

Agreed. Nice guy, very knowledgable, but i also got the impression he just couldn't wait to get me out of the office. What i was expectig to be 30 minutes - 40 minutes consult actually was over in 15.

Understandable I guess if you get asked the same questions over and over on a daily basis, but it certainly doesn't instil comfort and confidence in the patient that this doc is to there to make the best decisions and guide you through the whole process.

That being said, he does seem to have some stellar results, so i'm sure you're in good hands

57 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Agreed. Nice guy, very knowledgable, but i also got the impression he just couldn't wait to get me out of the office. What i was expectig to be 30 minutes - 40 minutes consult actually was over in 15.

Understandable I guess if you get asked the same questions over and over on a daily basis, but it certainly doesn't instil comfort and confidence in the patient that this doc is to there to make the best decisions and guide you through the whole process.

That being said, he does seem to have some stellar results, so i'm sure you're in good hands

I agree. At the end most important is the result so hopefully this to be fine. Thanks.

Thank you chauhanA !

Today is day 7 and still I haven't touched the grafts. Tomorrow is the day when I will start slightly massaging them. They already started coming out.

For now what I can say is that I am really well surprised by the donor management by dr. Bisanga. He really slightly touched it without killing neighbor grafts as my first HT clinic did. Now I'm even a bit regretting that I didn't want more grafts because actually I think we should have entered more the natural hair in order to blend it. As you can see there is a bit of emptiness between the natural and the new hair which worries me a bit but hopefully when it becomes longer it will be not be visible:

day7.jpg

day7b.jpg

day7c.jpg

day7d.jpg

day7e.jpg

• Like 1

+

"there is a bit of emptiness between the natural and the new hair  "

(it is not a bit it is alot) look carefully...Also I think you don't know how to wash hair.. Be very careful, it will affect the result a lot.. Take a multivitamin + biotin 

Good Luck!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Holos said:

+

(it is not a bit it is alot) look carefully...Also I think you don't know how to wash hair.. Be very careful, it will affect the result a lot.. Take a multivitamin + biotin 

Good Luck!

Absolutely I agree...

1200 Grafts so little for that area i hope you will not search third doctor..

9 hours ago, Holos said:

I'm so sorry but it seems like such a bad job ..I don't think you will get enough or good result ..

your grafts don't look good at all :(

Could it be that you are doing something wrong or ?🤔

You say "it is such a bad job" because of the number of grafts is too small or something else? I already had some hairs in between but maybe at the back side I also think I should have had more grafts.

9 hours ago, Holos said:

+

Good Luck!

I strictly follow the post op care. The latest pictures are before washing. Today ~90% of scabs felt off.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

You're right on track.

Your ht was done by one of the world's best,you're in safe hands.

You can relax and enjoy the ride,the magic will be starting soon!

At my first consultation with Bisanga (which I flew international to get to) it lasted about 7 mins.I was a bit disappointed with this but then I thought he gave me to info I needed.

Yes,I'm a decent candidate, he can do x amount of grafts and answered a few questions on hairline design. 

He's not there to get into huge amounts of details,he's there to do the surgery. Anybody who's ever dealt with his patient adviser Ian will know if you want to go into loads of details he's the man to talk to. 

You have to trust the doctor,his reputation and your own research.Tell him what you want and then do it.

30 minutes ago, JD Jones said:

You're right on track.

Your ht was done by one of the world's best,you're in safe hands.

You can relax and enjoy the ride,the magic will be starting soon!

At my first consultation with Bisanga (which I flew international to get to) it lasted about 7 mins.I was a bit disappointed with this but then I thought he gave me to info I needed.

Yes,I'm a decent candidate, he can do x amount of grafts and answered a few questions on hairline design. 

He's not there to get into huge amounts of details,he's there to do the surgery. Anybody who's ever dealt with his patient adviser Ian will know if you want to go into loads of details he's the man to talk to. 

You have to trust the doctor,his reputation and your own research.Tell him what you want and then do it.

Thank you for the good words!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2023 at 5:11 PM, SecondHT said:

Hello, today is exactly 3 months from my procedure:

PXL_20230501_130900702.jpg

PXL_20230501_130904173.jpg

PXL_20230501_130945339.jpg

PXL_20230501_130955615.jpg

PXL_20230501_131003024.jpg

PXL_20230501_131007013.jpg

i am sorry but As I wrote before, it doesn't look good at all, I think there is no mistake in the doctors , you need to check your own mistakes .. keep going to share.. Good Luck..

• 4 weeks later...

@Holos I also wonder why I don't have results like the others at this point of time.

I don't agree with you that I wasn't careful. I'm following the doctor's guidance. I even put an extra effort on some of the recommendations, like for example going to the gym was not recommended by the clinic for 14 days and I decided to extend it to a month to be more confident that I will not harm the hair. No sun exposure, no wearing a hat (I work from home), except wearing the bandana at the airport (which I don't know if it can affect the results, but I was very careful). I don't drink alchohol. I don't smoke. I eat a lot of fruits and I drink a good amount of water.

These are photos taken 4 days after 4 month mark. Also, I got photos from the clinic so I am posting them too.

My hair is messy but I intentionally wanted to expose the recipient area instead of leaving the hair on top.

4 months and  days:

image.png.63192435e51c87e150a9c65fa6f537ec.png

9.png.c9e088fddec48a3aa1b3b5bf7c264abc.png10.png.9220a4be2968a0de7402404008a67f97.png

The day of the procedure, taken from the clinic:

5.png.5297269bb0ef8aac3e423d0d2e768944.png4.png.3d2a9245cca88848597d6c8b847b8fd2.png3.png.f364f0cd54dbf228ae0afe113e2bea8b.png2.png.4201d0c6631a4b96ec7348cbc7d43861.png7.thumb.png.4c0bea90f668b3d29e398eab4d731272.png6.png.8470aafba4e33e8ec105dc35360af0aa.png

Edited by SecondHT

• 3 months later...