Upcoming FUE with Dr. Bisanga

SecondHT

Hello everyone!

I haven't posted for quite some time but let me share now my progress. In short my results are far from the homeruns in the forum which makes me sad but one of the explanation is the small amount of grafts (or maybe I am wrong, correct me if you think otherwise). I am happy that my right temple, where I wanted to have more grafts because it was weaker, became better than the other. I am also happy that my donor was better treated than my previous transplant and is way better preserved.

What is my biggest issue, which is obvious from the pictures, is the back side of the temples. No surprise here, initially there was indicator about that, which others noticed in the beginning. The empty area is where I had very small amount placed and where I have dying hair - thin hair, with small diameter which leads to lack of volume and support.

At this point of time I don't have illusions that anything will improve. Especially in the problematic area.

I wonder whether to go to another HT to fill these gaps. This will probably need at least 1200 more grafts I guess. Or the other option is to use hair fibers which I am using already and are helping with covering it.

These are photos taken from today, at month 8 (+ 3 days). Hair is without any products and pictures are taken at the window on a shiny day:

1. Frontline (designed during my first HT😞

image.thumb.jpeg.d50111c81e000445db18e2a034dde101.jpeg

2. Right temple - thin at the back

image.thumb.jpeg.fe1192f88fc7d300d63b4927bcdcc593.jpeg

3. Right side:

image.thumb.jpeg.aa651ea0f5c96c34b78a59e3d5c83840.jpeg

4. Left temple - again, very thin back side. Lack of volume and support. Here I intentionally exposed a bit the thin area:

image.thumb.jpeg.c853a7f73e5f1c1159df058413a471e1.jpeg

5. And one picture from the bathroom - again on a direct light:

image.thumb.jpeg.cf9bc4721fe6501aabfd0c2de21e7732.jpeg

6. And the below pictures (taken just after the procedure) I marked with red the area which it lacks grafts. I think I have hair there but it is very weak and not healthy:

image.thumb.jpeg.aa2816d2a06b3ee6f4187329e3114ad6.jpeg

7. And the left:

image.thumb.jpeg.324eb9cb38620f52f048d85c26b1c9ad.jpeg

Edited by SecondHT

• 4 months later...

Hello,

The pictures below are from 1 year mark. Basically I do not see improvement from the last time. The back sides of the temples are still empty.

I contacted the clinic and I told them my concerns about the emptiness behind my hairline. My coordinator told me that Dr. Bisanga checked my photos and the reply was that this is because of two things - "limited amount of grafts available" and because the focus was on the front line. I can agree that my donor was already compromised but regarding the second thing, I am sure that I've told them during my consultation that my focus was on the two areas behind the hairline and if I have enough grafts to put also to the front line.

They offered me another HT to fill these gaps. According to the doctor each side is ~6cm2 and he will place 35-40 grafts each, so in total ~500grafts. I measured the area and it is bigger than that - around 10cm2 per side so I guess I will need ~800. Maybe if they manage to find and place doubles and triples grafts I can get some decent result. I asked them what is the expected growth rate. The answer was 30% to 80% but they cannot tell me exactly before seeing me. This is strange because obviously they have seen me. I don't see any ridges at this area so I hope the survival rate to be higher.

Currently I am thinking whether to give them another chance or to search for another clinic. From one side, I like that my donor was better managed compared to my first procedure. Also from the pictures immediately after the procedure I can see that the back sides really didn't get much grafts (rounded with red in the pictures) so this might explain the low density. On the other hand my right part of the hairline didn't get good results and also if I get only 30% of implanted hairs survived, that's really concerning.

The pictures are made in front of a window except two of them which are made in a direct LED light.

PXL_20240127_095505087_MP.thumb.jpg.f791b27c4673edb9fdca07696ad2f63a.jpg

PXL_20240127_095523100.jpg

PXL_20240127_095533334.jpg

PXL_20240127_093551831.jpg

PXL_20240127_093714410s.jpg

PXL_20240127_093718560.MP.jpg

Edited by SecondHT

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2024 at 4:49 PM, SecondHT said:

Hello,

The pictures below are from 1 year mark. Basically I do not see improvement from the last time. The back sides of the temples are still empty.

I contacted the clinic and I told them my concerns about the emptiness behind my hairline. My coordinator told me that Dr. Bisanga checked my photos and the reply was that this is because of two things - "limited amount of grafts available" and because the focus was on the front line. I can agree that my donor was already compromised but regarding the second thing, I am sure that I've told them during my consultation that my focus was on the two areas behind the hairline and if I have enough grafts to put also to the front line.

They offered me another HT to fill these gaps. According to the doctor each side is ~6cm2 and he will place 35-40 grafts each, so in total ~500grafts. I measured the area and it is bigger than that - around 10cm2 per side so I guess I will need ~800. Maybe if they manage to find and place doubles and triples grafts I can get some decent result. I asked them what is the expected growth rate. The answer was 30% to 80% but they cannot tell me exactly before seeing me. This is strange because obviously they have seen me. I don't see any ridges at this area so I hope the survival rate to be higher.

Currently I am thinking whether to give them another chance or to search for another clinic. From one side, I like that my donor was better managed compared to my first procedure. Also from the pictures immediately after the procedure I can see that the back sides really didn't get much grafts (rounded with red in the pictures) so this might explain the low density. On the other hand my right part of the hairline didn't get good results and also if I get only 30% of implanted hairs survived, that's really concerning.

The pictures are made in front of a window except two of them which are made in a direct LED light.

PXL_20240127_095505087_MP.thumb.jpg.f791b27c4673edb9fdca07696ad2f63a.jpg

PXL_20240127_095523100.jpg

PXL_20240127_095533334.jpg

PXL_20240127_093551831.jpg

PXL_20240127_093714410s.jpg

PXL_20240127_093718560.MP.jpg

You are too obsessed, I think you should not do hair transplantation. Good Luck..

I also made a mistake and went to dr. Bisanga for my second surgery. I agree that the consult with him is like in a rush, he doesnt talk much and the consult is done in 5-10 minutes. For me its now 3 months and my donor still looks patchy. As for my hairline, its still to early to say something. Overall, i am very disappointed in this clinic,

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/11/2024 at 9:28 PM, patronovski said:

I also made a mistake and went to dr. Bisanga for my second surgery. I agree that the consult with him is like in a rush, he doesnt talk much and the consult is done in 5-10 minutes. For me its now 3 months and my donor still looks patchy. As for my hairline, its still to early to say something. Overall, i am very disappointed in this clinic,

Sorry to hear that. I hope that after few months the area to improve and thicken.

For my experience I would say that there are good and bad things. It's not black and white. I already mentioned them in my previous posts in this thread. Most important for me is any moved graft to survive. Whether all survived? It's difficult to say. Some say that this amount (1200) is small for that area to cover which makes me think that most of them might have survived. At least on the left side, where the results are better.