Which FUE surgeons do every part of surgery themselves?

Which doctors do the extractions, incisions and placement of grafts themselves with limited assistance from techs? A few of the top of my head are Konior, Nadimi, Pinto and Ferreira. Cooley also does the extractions and incisions himself but techs place the grafts. I think Bisanga also provides an option to do the extractions himself for a higher fee? Which other highly regarded docs do every step of surgery themselves?

Edited by Tiger2050

48 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

A while ago I saw a video of Dr Zarev and how he does a procedure. From memory the only thing the technicians did was place grafts into the implanter pens to hand to the doctor.

The technicians assist with sorting and storing the grafts. Dr. Zarev is the only one who touches your head, during extraction and implantation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, asterix0 said:

The technicians assist with sorting and storing the grafts. Dr. Zarev is the only one who touches your head, during extraction and implantation. 

That sounds like the ideal amount of doctor involvement and technician involvement if you ask me.

• Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

57 minutes ago, honey21790 said:

he is wonderful do you know graft price

I believe the price is tailored based on what is required in the surgery and it falls somewhere between $6-$8 Euros per graft, although you would need to reach out to him for further clarification.

8 hours ago, asterix0 said:

i heard he did a session of like 10k once. How does he do that without multiple techs?

3 hours ago, deeznuts said:

i heard he did a session of like 10k once. How does he do that without multiple techs?

breaks it up into multiple days, 4k grafts is around the one day limit, but it's about a 16 hour day or so of work.

Tiger2050,

Not to sound indirect in answering your question but I think I need to make a few important points. Firstly, FUE in particular is a very time consuming and tedious  procedure that requires a great deal of experience and skill in particular if you’re looking for low to no transection and high growth yield - with natural looking and high density results.

While Dr. Rahal and other surgeons could very well perform each and every piece of the procedure, in my opinion this would be irresponsible as it would bring about extreme fatigue and negatively affect and impact the procedure and the end result.

So unless you found Superman with extreme alien like superior abilities who also happens to be highly skilled in performing hair transplant surgery, it is far better to delegate certain tasks to qualified team members who are there to ensure you receive the best results.

At the end of the day, hair transplant surgery is a team effort and everybody has a different and superior skill set. While some individuals may be extreme experts at flawlessly extracting follicular units with no transection, others are better at implanting while others are better at making recipe incisions etc.  

The best of hair transplant surgeons know which tasks they are best at performing themselves and which tasks are better off being delegated to team members while they supervise and ensure that everything is being done properly.

Now, please keep in mind I’m not referring to surgeons who delegate everything and then disappear into their offices and play solitaire all day. There is no excuse for that. However, the best surgeons know better than to try to perform every piece of the procedure themselves because even if they were truly superior and performing each piece themselves, doctors are human and affected by extreme fatigue just like everybody else. Fatigue is one of the primary reasons hair transplants fail. Each member of the team should be fresh and when they start experiencing any frustration, fatigue, etc.… Another team member should take over.

So my encouragement to any prospective patient reading this would be not to fall into the trap of assuming that if a doctor performs every part procedure that they must be superior over those that don’t.  If you look at most of the best results presented by patient and doctors on this and other forums, and then you dig deep into that clinics’ procedure… You will find in most cases that an entire surgical team performs the procedure under the doctor’s supervision rather than the doctor performing everything themselves.

I know some people reading this may blow this off and look at this as an excuse for doctors to be lazy. But rest assured, this is not what I’m saying and this is absolutely the truth and should not be dismissed.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.