How many days should you sleep elevated after a hair transplant?

5 days from my personal experience.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• Moderators

5 days sounds about right.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Elevation isn't that important, what is important is to not touch the recipent area while sleeping. esp if there is crown grafts (which elevation helps). I actually slept without any elevation sitting on my donor the days that only had hairline work was done and didn't have any issues. 

I guess 1 week is the safest approach, and above that, it's in the "overkill" territory, but sometimes better safe than sorry.

Edited by WhereIsMyMind

Elevation for the first three nights is usually enough as this is when there is more manifestation of post-operative swelling that you want to encourage to drop and also if you are in a comfy pillow or travel pillow then it will lock you in well and keep weight of the head. I have never done more than 3 nights like this personally and really no reason not to sleep normally after that, but each to their own preference. 

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network