"Crown HT needs less skill" - is this true?

Totally disagree, a certified and highly skilled surgeon will need to create accurate circulate shape pattern to give the best coverage illusion, many amateur jobs consist with random undefined pattern that won't give the correct illusion effect, crowns also need much triple and double grafts for high density, many hair mills and poor doctors don't save those grafts for crown procedure, buttom line there's no easy jobs, never compromise when it comes to cosmetic surgeries.

• Like 2

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Actually if we are talking like top top tier situation difficult cases I would argue crown is the hardest one to master.

For the average surgeon, it will be a blackhole of grafts and never reach ideal density. Only a very slight select few can make perfect angling and good use of those grafts for a visual impact that is worth it.

If we are talking in "general terms", yeah, hairline/temples is a much more detailed work than crown because of softening requirement with single hairs.

Edited by WhereIsMyMind

• Administrators

I would say it requires more skill for it to grow. The crown doesn’t grow as well as the hairline. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

there are recent cases here of people getting botched on the crown. 

Badly angled or otherwise incorrect crown grafts can totally still be visible to others. 

The hair caliber and texture still matters just as much as on the hairline too. 

If the doctor chooses poor hair caliber and/or the hair doesn't match the surrounding crown hair, then yea that will be an issue too. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1

The crown if completely gone needs much more skill and you need somebody who absolutely knows how to make the most of each graft for coverage. 

The temple points imo are probably on par with the crown in terms of complexity even if you can get away with using less grafts there than the crown for coverage due to the spiral shape of the crown. 

Anybody that thinks it requires less skill doesn't have a clue and is very much the type to end up at hair mills and not know what a natural hairline requires. 

Angling on the crown is the least forgiving by far. Scalp see through is brutal diminishing return compared to frontal region, where some "thinning" or "see through" is actually "natural look". 

There is no "natural" thinning crown. If you see skin, it will look bad.

Edited by WhereIsMyMind

1 minute ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

There is no "natural" thinning crown. If you see skin, it will look bad.

I agree with this (unfortunately). Yet another reason why the crown is such a blackhole for grafts. The crown needs to be fully filled to pass the illusion test. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NARMAK said:

The crown if completely gone needs much more skill and you need somebody who absolutely knows how to make the most of each graft for coverage. 

The temple points imo are probably on par with the crown in terms of complexity even if you can get away with using less grafts there than the crown for coverage due to the spiral shape of the crown. 

Anybody that thinks it requires less skill doesn't have a clue and is very much the type to end up at hair mills and not know what a natural hairline requires. 

Do you think dr das would be capable of that?

debating about going with her for crown this time 🧐🧐

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

3 hours ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

Do you think dr das would be capable of that?

debating about going with her for crown this time 🧐🧐

I will be perfectly honest. I don't know and probably something you could ask her about in terms of her experience with it if you wanted to. 

I hate the swirl….why why why….i I MEAN WHYYYY??? JUst straight slick back is easy for the surgeon and easy to cover up the entire crown even with smal ammount if hair…PLZZZZ for all the people who are looking for crown hair transplant hear me out…hust straight slick back is good…plz correct me if i am wrong…i can show you pictures with phenomenal result with slick back option rather than the stupid swirl to look natural.