Bogota Hairlines , 3,013 grafts

Mario35

This surgery was done by Dr. Paola Pareja at bogota hairlines. I had 3,013 grafts implanted focused on hair line and less going back to mid scalp and crown. Does this look like 3,013 grafts ? And how do you guys think the density will be ? I have uploaded some before transplant photos, hair buzzed and not buzzed. Along with post op photos. Let me know any suggestions or advice , thanks. I will prob update as months pass by and I see some growth.

31C35B27-3B92-48A7-8FCD-99322CD45452.png

36CDB5CE-287E-4755-A6A3-FED590AB1D08.jpeg

D56CBB23-9048-4D54-A3C2-954E7BCB10E2.jpeg

39CE867B-DA98-4C1C-9392-27DCA5895DCB.png

ABF9020F-EF0E-43F4-B74B-34EB9D7BE91D.jpeg

FB142DEE-BF6B-447B-AF76-9AB6E83618E4.jpeg

AAF2B7A6-C83D-455F-8602-3FF9330AAFC2.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks like 3013 grafts yes, the density looks good upfront on the hairline and becomes more reduced as it heads backwards, this is quite usual. You didn’t have too many grafts in the crown area, it’s more like it’s enough to make some visual difference though. 
You had a high level of loss, it’s possible that you might need another hair transplant in the future to meet you’re goal. But then again you many be happy in 12 months when this has grown in. I like Bogotá hairlines and seem some good work from them mostly. 

Looks great so far, I'm impressed with them. I suspect you'll be in good shape, as already mentioned density looks right. Just be diligent in your post op these initial days and don't get impatient and try to push anything before needed. Keep us posted!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pbaird98 said:

Looks like 3013 grafts yes, the density looks good upfront on the hairline and becomes more reduced as it heads backwards, this is quite usual. You didn’t have too many grafts in the crown area, it’s more like it’s enough to make some visual difference though. 
You had a high level of loss, it’s possible that you might need another hair transplant in the future to meet you’re goal. But then again you many be happy in 12 months when this has grown in. I like Bogotá hairlines and seem some good work from them mostly. 

Thanks for this uplifting message. I was kinda worried about crown being empty but from my hair grown out pic , I feel as tho it will get covered up once it grows and they only put in parts of the crown where it was needed most. If that is the case then I will be happy with the crown 🙏

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ray35 said:

Looks great so far, I'm impressed with them. I suspect you'll be in good shape, as already mentioned density looks right. Just be diligent in your post op these initial days and don't get impatient and try to push anything before needed. Keep us posted!

Appreciate the response, what do you mean by try to push anything before needed ? Just curious.  Will try to keep updating as often as I remember!

Oh I just mean post op... follow clinic instructions and I like to error on the side of extra caution. So usually by day seven you can get back to normal on some things, grafts have taken root... but I think like 10 days is safer. Some guys are trying to get back into the gym on day 5 and things and I just think hold tight and follow instructions and endure the pain in the neck it is to sleep with the weird neck pillow and shower with care and stuff like that.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Definitely 3k grafts. Pbaird98 hit the nail on the head. You’ll probably need another procedure to address the crown. The crown requires a lot of grafts. You could always use hair fibers in the crown. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Definitely 3k grafts. Pbaird98 hit the nail on the head. You’ll probably need another procedure to address the crown. The crown requires a lot of grafts. You could always use hair fibers in the crown. 

Was waiting for your response haha. That’s prob what I will do in a few years but till then fibers will do.

11 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I got 587 - 1 hair grafts , 2069- 2 hair grafts , and 357 - 3 hair grafts. Can this tell you anything about how the density would be where I did get my hair transplanted ?

9 hours ago, devilfishlane said:

@Mario35 Looks good. Do you know if Bogota Hairlines uses beard donor grafts besides scalp grafts? Thanks

They mainly use scalp grafts, I think they try to stay away from beard grafts but I could be wrong.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

One month update. Donor area seems to have healed up well , experiencing slight shedding nothing crazy but hair is much lighter than day 10. Getting a lot of ingrown hairs in the donor area so I will be trimming it down to a 1 today. Also will be starting minoxidil today. Other than that , how’s it looking and how’s the density/healing looking so far?

9EE7C127-C4FC-4944-B024-BD4B4017D005.jpeg

3C56DB7E-BAB7-49C0-A46D-3A2A3A0C7B3A.jpeg

E483DF64-E83F-409F-81AD-B544DD17E463.jpeg

• 1 month later...

2 month update. Seeing a lot  of hair sprout and get longer but a lot of shedding as well. Donor area has fully healed and not giving me any issues anymore and looks untouched. How’s it looking for two months ? I feel as tho I’m making good progress.

FB0C0E27-8F0A-465C-BC31-1F246C946CB7.jpeg

AF0715F0-4E8F-42C6-90EB-E896EB7E39C9.jpeg

9766FCA5-1DB8-4032-8AB6-190CBFFFA8EB.jpeg

• Administrators

Everything is looking right on track 👍🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, Archan said:

@Mario35right on track and you donor healed vry well in short time..by d way i thought dr Camacho is performing the surgery at bogota clinic..

Thank you. Yes he does but his assistant Dr Pareja leads surgery as well if you go for a bit cheaper option than Camacho.

• Valued Contributor
14 minutes ago, Mario35 said:

Thank you. Yes he does but his assistant Dr Pareja leads surgery as well if you go for a bit cheaper option than Camacho.

Okay so in ur case dr pareja did extraction ,incisions and implantation ?

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Lookin good so far! Please keep us posted...

I just put my deposit to have Dr Pareja do mine as well... going in first week of April. They think I'll need 3000-3200 grafts (but obvs wont know until there in person)

I'm glad to see some of her work since it seems most of the work on the forum here is shown by Dr Camacho. I figured if she trained under him and represents the clinic, she must be pretty good herself.

I'd love to see more work of hers if anyone has had her work on them:)

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 5:03 AM, mofo said:

Lookin good so far! Please keep us posted...

I just put my deposit to have Dr Pareja do mine as well... going in first week of April. They think I'll need 3000-3200 grafts (but obvs wont know until there in person)

I'm glad to see some of her work since it seems most of the work on the forum here is shown by Dr Camacho. I figured if she trained under him and represents the clinic, she must be pretty good herself.

I'd love to see more work of hers if anyone has had her work on them:)

I'm in the process deciding between Dr. Camacho and Dr. Pareja. I too, assume that Dr. Pareja's work is up to par as she reflects the clinic, however, I have found it difficult to find more of her work. They gave me a 3000 graft estimate as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

3 month update. Shedding is still going on but have gotten a lot more dense compared to month 2. Should I get a haircut with a high fade to make it appear a bit normal ? Donor is looking like pre transplant and healed up very well within 3 months.

811993F7-1435-4474-BC58-5501B354875D.jpeg

0C389009-896A-47DE-BB6F-0E7D70E50D24.jpeg

0575FC53-1805-4688-9506-E2731D039D83.jpeg

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, Mario35 said:

3 month update. Shedding is still going on but have gotten a lot more dense compared to month 2. Should I get a haircut with a high fade to make it appear a bit normal ? Donor is looking like pre transplant and healed up very well within 3 months.

811993F7-1435-4474-BC58-5501B354875D.jpeg

0C389009-896A-47DE-BB6F-0E7D70E50D24.jpeg

0575FC53-1805-4688-9506-E2731D039D83.jpeg

Yeh a high fade hair cut would look better....try it....and you are progressing very well...will follow your journey closely ....

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023