Is this forum biased

noone

Why I feel like there are only handful of clinic reviews available on this site and everyone is just praising them (and in this process criticising every other clinic). Is this forum biased and mostly created for these clinics -

1. Eugenix
  2. Dr Bicer
  3. Dr Turan
  4. Dr Yaman

One more thing I found suspicious is that it's not so easy to find reviews about above mentioned clinics/doctors on other review sites. Why is that so ?

Can someone please explain ?

I think like anything, it's important to do research. I don't think the forum is "biased" but rather defers to the same recommendations of places because of documented quality results. I do think the recommended list on here could use some updating (I personally think a couple of them on the list shouldn't be up there), but like all things, you really should be seeking out as many opinions as possible. The ones you listed I think are good places to get consultations to get an idea for what you could expect, but there's plenty of places that do good work that aren't on the recommended list. The problem is, it's hard to tell from reviews (mainly google since I don't think there's too many other sites that review HT surgeons) which reviews are legitimate and which are fake to boost the rating of the clinic. Reality is, one should talk to real patients, get multiple consultations, and really do research. Hell, I have seen people get good results from places that this forum would consider hair mills, but often they aren't consistent and have a number of red flags that I personally wouldn't want to risk going there.

• Like 4

I think what panda said is spot on... good work begets more work and the cycle rolls on. I don't see too much drama or maybe just scan past it, so I'd say not biased it's been very informative in my experience researching. I'll pop out and cross reference stuff I might question. Stuff here seems to hold up.

• Like 1

I been banging on about this an seems alot of people coming around to this. Notice how alll the bad eugenix cases , Melvin stays quiet or if it’s a doctor that pays to be on the recommended list. That’s clear bias and everyone is waking up to it. Dr bicer isn’t even in the top 3 in Turkey and her results are never worldies. Good results but not ones where you say yeh I’m defo going to go there. Eugeinx is all tech run like hair mills now 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eyebagfordays said:

I been banging on about this an seems alot of people coming around to this. Notice how alll the bad eugenix cases , Melvin stays quiet or if it’s a doctor that pays to be on the recommended list. That’s clear bias and everyone is waking up to it. Dr bicer isn’t even in the top 3 in Turkey and her results are never worldies. Good results but not ones where you say yeh I’m defo going to go there. Eugeinx is all tech run like hair mills now 

This is a giant load of horsesh*t. Dr. Bicer does consistently excellent work and Eugenix has multiple packages depending on a patient's budget. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Buck Naked said:

This is a giant load of horsesh*t. Dr. Bicer does consistently excellent work and Eugenix has multiple packages depending on a patient's budget. 

This is Sukh123 12th account. He’s a troll. He’s created multiple accounts, one where he claimed to be a patient of Eugenix, others he said he wasn’t. He’s never shared any pictures or information about himself. He’s definitely got an agenda. 

@noone

The forum wasn’t created for any surgeon or clinic. Any person is free to share their reviews from any surgeon in the world. In fact, you’ll often hear Dr. Pinto, Dr. Nader, Dr. Ferreira praised here for their excellent work, neither of which have any affiliation. If a particular clinic is receiving praise from the community, that isn’t a problem in itself, but rather a reflection of the work they’re doing based on their patients and the reviews on this site.

As for why you don’t see reviews on other sites. To be frank, our platform is the most popular in the English speaking world. However, you can see plenty of reviews on other forums like the Spanish forum, German Forum, Italian Forum, etc.  Reddit isn’t conducive to reviews because you cannot track them. Not the ideal format for hair transplant reviews. 

• Like 5

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This is Sukh123 12th account. He’s a troll. He’s created multiple accounts, one where he claimed to be a patient of Eugenix, others he said he wasn’t. He’s never shared any pictures or information about himself. He’s definitely got an agenda. 

@noone

The forum wasn’t created for any surgeon or clinic. Any person is free to share their reviews from any surgeon in the world. In fact, you’ll often hear Dr. Pinto, Dr. Nader, Dr. Ferreira praised here for their excellent work, neither of which have any affiliation. If a particular clinic is receiving praise from the community, that isn’t a problem in itself, but rather a reflection of the work they’re doing based on their patients and the reviews on this site.

As for why you don’t see reviews on other sites. To be frank, our platform is the most popular in the English speaking world. However, you can see plenty of reviews on other forums like the Spanish forum, German Forum, Italian Forum, etc.  Reddit isn’t conducive to reviews because you cannot track them. Not the ideal format for hair transplant reviews. 

I posted my whole journey with hlc clinic lol and you took down the whole post so don’t misrepresent saying I never posted anything about me . I lied about eugenix to bring. Attention to a post but as you will see Im 7 months post op hlc and the results have been great.2C644C4A-9738-4940-A8AA-277B8734D71A.thumb.jpeg.2d1ee927b69c2c1913d9dc2453b536a9.jpeg

9AE8701C-3C44-48D7-892A-2666B57AEF1B.jpeg

8CB3B69E-598F-4161-8F1C-82CC1A189AEB.jpeg

I opted for one of the 4 surgeons listed in the opening post. Their results appear over all hair transplant forums. Frankly If you opt for a surgeon based on just one research source you’re asking for trouble. This forum is a handy tool and I’m appreciate free of the feedback from 100s if not 1000s of patients and Dr’s.

You mention one of those listed as not being ‘worldies’ every time. That’s true but they are always good solid results and plenty of cases visible. Consistency is key. I’d be more worried with a Dr if all I seen was 10/10 work. That just isn’t possible all the time given the complexity of patients conditions. Transparency and openness is a big factor when choosing a surgeon. 

5 minutes ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

I opted for one of the 4 surgeons listed in the opening post. Their results appear over all hair transplant forums. Frankly If you opt for a surgeon based on just one research source you’re asking for trouble. This forum is a handy tool and I’m appreciate free of the feedback from 100s if not 1000s of patients and Dr’s.

You mention one of those listed as not being ‘worldies’ every time. That’s true but they are always good solid results and plenty of cases visible. Consistency is key. I’d be more worried with a Dr if all I seen was 10/10 work. That just isn’t possible all the time given the complexity of patients conditions. Transparency and openness is a big factor when choosing a surgeon. 

No I said she never has worldies , just above average and the price of 2.5 euros I wouldn’t say she is worth it , 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Haza said:

No I said she never has worldies , just above average and the price of 2.5 euros I wouldn’t say she is worth it , 

It’s about opinions and fair enough if that’s yours. Her body of work and respect amongst leading surgeons world wide suggests she’s better than just above average.

This forum serves as a tool like I’ve said before which hopefully guides patients to Drs with a proven track record and away from a potential life long disaster. let’s not lose sight of that. 

What Melvin said. The forum, is first and foremost, a repository of independent patient reviews. You need to do your homework, find cases similar to yours, read as many reviews as possible, see if a surgeon might be a good fit for you. Also seek out your local forum if you have one. Do you have any testimonies on it? The forum's recommendation list is a great starting point for good reason. 

• Like 2

Biased towards the clinics that most consistently and most notably put out great results. There are a lot of other doctors who I’m sure are good as well but they are lesser known/have fewer clients, etc so they won’t ever get as much attention. 

All you can do is read as much as you can from as many people as possible to help make informed decisions. The Reddit hair transplant community is also useful for looking at doctors and clinics genuine results as shared by patients. 

• Like 3

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Haza said:

I posted my whole journey with hlc clinic lol and you took down the whole post so don’t misrepresent saying I never posted anything about me . I lied about eugenix to bring. Attention to a post but as you will see Im 7 months post op hlc and the results have been great.2C644C4A-9738-4940-A8AA-277B8734D71A.thumb.jpeg.2d1ee927b69c2c1913d9dc2453b536a9.jpeg

9AE8701C-3C44-48D7-892A-2666B57AEF1B.jpeg

8CB3B69E-598F-4161-8F1C-82CC1A189AEB.jpeg

I have never removed any thread regarding HLC. You never posted any pictures or a thread under your account Sukh123. This is easily verifiable. If one of your 12 accounts were banned as duplicates, then your posts get automatically hidden. 

Here are the facts, you’ve created multiple accounts to spin your narrative against one particular clinic.  You’ve defended poor results from the clinic you went to by saying “people tend to post bad results to vent.” Then you say “seen some poor results, but also seen some excellent results so let’s keep it balanced.” 

So it’s not okay to say this about clinics you don’t like (Eugenix, Yaman, etc.) But it’s okay to say this about HLC because you had a good result there, so we’re clear this the definition of hypocrisy. 

On 7/27/2022 at 1:05 PM,  BirdsEyez said: 

There’s like 5-8 different cases on here including me, who hasn’t even created his own post yet. Just because you’re a lucky one who got good results doesn’t mean everyone will. So what went wrong?

how many other people who don’t even know about this forum has this happened too? Exactly 

You can spin it around and say the same thing about good results lol, the thing is people tend to post bad results on  a forum because they need to vent like yourself . Seen it today with a couto case , where it was very poor and the guy created a thread to say it . I have not seen 8 on this forum I think I’ve seen a few subpar, but also seen some excellent results on this forum so let’s keep this balanced . I’ve seen subpar results from eugenix and poor donor management, but people on this forum still push them as this holy grail when they’re not. While they are good, there are better options out there and not the best as some will continue to push on this forum. 

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I don’t know this guy’s intentions or even what he wants. If he’s genuinely curious, ok fine. But there is a lot of manipulation from other competing clinics. Not saying this is that but it could be. Dr bicer once told me that other Turkish clinics will steal your pictures that are either not even your full result yet, or show you scarred up after the transplant and these hair mills will make it look like that’s the final result and some crap like that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, j1000 said:

I don’t know this guy’s intentions or even what he wants. If he’s genuinely curious, ok fine. But there is a lot of manipulation from other competing clinics. Not saying this is that but it could be. Dr bicer once told me that other Turkish clinics will steal your pictures that are either not even your full result yet, or show you scarred up after the transplant and these hair mills will make it look like that’s the final result and some crap like that. 

It does get really complicated for those people who are genuinely looking at the varying advice and recommendations depending on where they happen to be looking. To me this seems like the most transparent forum you will find anywhere, not perfect (none are) but no ads and allows other Drs/Clinics to post that are not on the recommendation list. It’s patients posting results that matter, anybody can post a Google etc review, but full 12 month journeys? These are much harder to fake, and with the experience here they will be called out. 
Enhanced pics as well as stolen ones are common place elsewhere. When I first posted it was calling out someone who’s “pics” were posted in at least 3 different clinics and all had varying graft counts, as well as a skewed timeline.

It really is a daunting process these days to find out who can be relied upon, in fact those really good and elite Drs/Clinics don’t even need marketing for the most part (some don’t advertise anyway) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, j1000 said:

How does that dude have so much time to create 12 + accounts? He even created 2 accounts to troll my thread. I mean if he had good ht, then why not move on & live your best life? Why troll here? I can imagine the horror if he were to have a date, would he stalk that woman from 12 different phone #s? That sh’t is scary & disturbing😳 

• Like 2

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, civic said:

How does that dude have so much time to create 12 + accounts? He even created 2 accounts to troll my thread. I mean if he had good ht, then why not move on & live your best life? Why troll here? I can imagine the horror if he were to have a date, would he stalk that woman from 12 different phone #s? That sh’t is scary & disturbing😳 

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Disturbing indeed. Something straight out of the ID channel. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

View my thread

Why would you assume @Melvin- Moderatorcreates bias? This site is not held back from any review. Melvin doesn’t create the reviews it is people who leave the reviews. So if eugenix is getting tons of reviews on this site that has more to do with tons of people going to eugenix than Melvin trying to push eugenix. The thing is eugenix fits any and all people and has produced undeniably great results for years. If you don’t want to spend a lot they have a package for that as well as if you want to spend more money. The 4 you listed have cheaper options and that is probably why we see them posted on here more because some people don’t want to spend 8+ like we see in the US. But I constantly see Bisanga results as well as Mwamba, Freitas, Gabel, Konior, etc. it just those results are not as common because not everyone can afford Konior. And not everyone is able to get into a Freitas. I think you are looking to far into trying to find bias when in fact is not present and is solely just based off where the users of this site have gone. And eugenix has consistently advertised great results and thus built a great following! If anything I think this site pushes ethical doctors over unethical. Which i respect. I have reached out to many docs on this site and been told to wait. If I went to doctors on other sites that are recommended I’m sure I’d get in the next month. I love this site and think it does so much good for men and women struggling with hair loss so the last thing I see is bias. Also I saw someone was saying Melvin gets paid so pushes those people instead…1)he only pushes doctors that align with doing things the right way and naturally they pay this site(not Melvin) to advertise their work 2) anything in this world involves payment. Doctors pay to get on ISHRS etc and they pay to advertise for being the “best plastic surgeon in New York” or make some list created by some website. That is part of life. But if many unethical clinics wanted to pay(which they could because they have plenty of money) they still wouldn’t get on the recommended list because they wouldn’t make it past the communities review of them. Sorry for the long post but I saw some of these statements the last couple days and find it ridiculous that people are complaining about this on a free site!

Edited by JoDimaggio22
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for your inputs. Let me explain what my angle was - 

I found out this forum a week ago and like everyone else my aim was to go through reviews and comments and find out list of clinics that are doing good work so that I can consult them for my hair loss. Before this forum I was focussing on trust pilot reviews, google reviews, reddit reviews etc. In all those other review sites, there are tons of clinics, some with very good reviews and some with mixed reviews. So it was easy to identify good from bad. But .. on this forum, I only found people recommending above 4-5 clinics (in India and Tukey). That can't be right .. right ?? There can't be only 4-5 good clinics in those two countries who are hub of HT process at the moment. There has to be more  good clinics out there and there has to be reviews of those clinics here in the forum. Moreover, when I try to find review of these clinics on other forums, they are simply not there. Not even in google. How is that possible ?

So, my thought process went like this, and please do correct me where I went wrong - "Somehow these 4-5 clinics advertised on this forum, people who come here they found those clinics, of-course these clinics provide good results, so these people are happy and post reviews and comments here. Anyone who joins newly, only finds these comments and reviews and go back to those clinics and get good results and report here. So it became a cycle. And in this process, whoever is present here they just blatantly badmouth other clinics, knowingly or unknowingly. Just because they are biased towards their favourite clinic."¨

All in all, what I would like to expect from this forum is to increases it's horizon and reach out to more clinics, find good ones out of those and then share it with others instead of just going round and round in a circle. 

Disclaimer : I might be wrong in my thinking and that is what I wanted to validate with this post. I mean no disrespect to anyone out here, so please don't feel offended, nothing is personal. And if by any chance, you got a list of more good clinics in Turkey or India, then please do share with me.

I used Bicer for my procedure. I can’t speak for the other 3 but I found a wealth of information out there on her which a simple google ‘Ozlem Bicer reviews’ search pulls up.

Out of respect for those that run this forum I won’t post links to other forums but they’re out there.

I have been on many forums and this is by far the best and most informative. Melvin does an amazing job. Maybe some are not reading all the post, since  i see so many users post their experiences about many clinics and doctors. Read the post and see how many times Melvin comments on doctors work that are not on the ones listed above in a very positive way. 

This has been an amazing platform for many of us! @melvin keep up the amazing work. And those that feel this forum is biased then there are other forums to join. No one is forced to be here. 

Constructive criticism and suggestions are different than unfounded facts. 

Let’s continue to be positive and help one another in our journey. 

Edited by GaryJ
  • Like 3