Due diligence check

Hello everybody,

I'm thinking about HT but I found it difficult to see any dependable verifiable results of this operation. I don't want to point fingers to anyone but I have read (and on this web site as well) many stories with a lot of inconsistencies in them. This is so easy to fake the results with wigs, photoshops, special cameras etc. Actually for a not very good HT clinic it is very easy to hire a hairy person in need of money and then shave him like he was actually bald and then just wait until his hair grow back and claim that this is the truly result of the operation.

So my question is: is there any legal body (governmental or NGO) that confirms the results of HT operations in a rigorous manner?

Thank you for your replies.

Cheers.

No. The closest you will find is the elite coalition on this website but even that is not perfect and I personally would not want some of the surgeons from that list touch me. However there are some really good surgeons on there so if you do your research you will select the right one. 

I had 3 HTs, I was botched badly on my 1st HT by Arenamed clinic in Turkey, no government federal enforcment exist over black market clinics so beware.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

While there are unfortunately a lot of unethical surgeons out there wreaking havoc on uneducated patients eager to treat their hair loss, there are also a lot of highly qualified surgeons out there who provide very consistent results. If you use the list of recommended surgeons on this forum as your starting off point, and also use this forum as a primary resource to learn about hair loss, hair transplants, expectations, etc., then the chances of you choosing a surgeon who is unethical and unapologetically scamming people is extremely slim. The more you familiarize yourself with the hair transplant industry as a whole, the more you'll be able to differentiate the skilled surgeons from the con artists. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Valued Contributor
On 10/23/2022 at 3:57 PM, Roman1973 said:

Hello everybody,

I'm thinking about HT but I found it difficult to see any dependable verifiable results of this operation. I don't want to point fingers to anyone but I have read (and on this web site as well) many stories with a lot of inconsistencies in them. This is so easy to fake the results with wigs, photoshops, special cameras etc. Actually for a not very good HT clinic it is very easy to hire a hairy person in need of money and then shave him like he was actually bald and then just wait until his hair grow back and claim that this is the truly result of the operation.

So my question is: is there any legal body (governmental or NGO) that confirms the results of HT operations in a rigorous manner?

Thank you for your replies.

Cheers.

This is exactly the problem with this industry. If it was over seen by a ruling some government ruling body then their probably wouldn't be forums like this one to try and help potential patients.

Roman1973,

Deceptive practices that you mention above are less common than they used to be but still definitely occur on a regular basis.  And while there is no legal governing body, patient communities such as these hold surgeons and clinics accountable by enabling orients to share their genuine experiences, progress photos and results.

To be honest, fake reviews are quite easy to spot and remembers of this community have always done a great job of calling out shills.  Real reviews are typically detailed with real accounts of experienced step by step along with photos before and immediately after surgery.  Many of these patients return and post monthly updates so you can literally follow their progress.

Long story short,  stick around and it’ll become apparent why many of the same surgeons are mentioned as amongst the best.

Furthermore, the publishers of this website have a pre screening process and only recommend surgeons that meet a set of standards.  The second tier Coalition sets the bar even higher.  Now, surgeons who join these organizations do pay a fee and not every good surgeon decides to apply for membership.  On the flip side though, only surgeons who prove to meet the standards set by this community are approved for membership.  So while many physicians have applied and expressed willingness to pay the fee to be listed on this website, many have been denied.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.