3months post Eugenix repair

Tommy1991

On 11/4/2022 at 7:13 PM, Berba11 said:

Hi Tommy,

I wonder if you have pictures from before your very first surgery? Your pics from prior to your Eugenix surgery clearly show some shoddy work having been done on you. I’m sorry you had to seek a repair! Can you tell/show us more about that initial surgery? Who did it, how many grafts etc? To me it looks like your hairline should have been taken back up as your initial surgery looked very, very aggressive, but maybe you always had a smaller forehead & that wasn’t the case  would be keen to see the full context  

I’m a Eugenix patient, too. I’ve had really good results but with some little issues that will need refinement, all of which I think could have been mitigated with more care & time in the planning stage. That part of the Eugenix process is quick, and I had submitted that feedback in my thread & they had responded saying they’d taken it on board. Seems maybe that hasn’t been the case which is a shame to learn. The good news is that their post op care is notoriously good, so you’ll be in good hands throughout the journey. 

Can you elaborate on “care and time for planning stage”?

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

• Valued Contributor
9 hours ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

Can you elaborate on “care and time for planning stage”?

My planning stage was essentially Dr Arika coming in, drawing a hairline, leaving me to have a look, coming back & making amendments. There wasn’t any sort of detailed examination of my head, much dialogue or a run through of my options or any explanation about the design choices she was making or what considerations she was making when assessing my head. My hairline was being drawn within 5 seconds of Dr A entering the room. I felt it lacked the the kind of personal touch you’d expect of a top clinic in that phase of the process, to be honest. Everything else was brilliant. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Berba11 said:

My planning stage was essentially Dr Arika coming in, drawing a hairline, leaving me to have a look, coming back & making amendments. There wasn’t any sort of detailed examination of my head, much dialogue or a run through of my options or any explanation about the design choices she was making or what considerations she was making when assessing my head. My hairline was being drawn within 5 seconds of Dr A entering the room. I felt it lacked the the kind of personal touch you’d expect of a top clinic in that phase of the process, to be honest. Everything else was brilliant. 

Exactly the same only my hairline was not drawn.. The area to be thickened was marked. Around 2minutes I would say. 

I have taken a firm stance with the clinic over it in the past 2weeks. It just should not be accepted by ANY customer/patient. And the lazy way out in my case was slightly lowering the hairline that 1-2mm, instead of extracting those grafts. Again, I will repeat the hairline was not to be lowered whatsoever and it was stated by me in my report prior to arriving in New Delhi and stated the day of the surgery.

I even asked the post care team for a density check many weeks ago, just to have some figures on it, of course, it was not checked. 

To me after witnessing it firsthand, Eugenix is just another clinic that wants to get as many customers through the door as possible and they are, hence the quality is suffering.

I would suggest anyone going there for a repair to rethink that... 

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor
45 minutes ago, Tommy1991 said:

Exactly the same only my hairline was not drawn.. The area to be thickened was marked. Around 2minutes I would say. 

I have taken a firm stance with the clinic over it in the past 2weeks. It just should not be accepted by ANY customer/patient. And the lazy way out in my case was slightly lowering the hairline that 1-2mm, instead of extracting those grafts. Again, I will repeat the hairline was not to be lowered whatsoever and it was stated by me in my report prior to arriving in New Delhi and stated the day of the surgery.

I even asked the post care team for a density check many weeks ago, just to have some figures on it, of course, it was not checked. 

To me after witnessing it firsthand, Eugenix is just another clinic that wants to get as many customers through the door as possible and they are, hence the quality is suffering.

I would suggest anyone going there for a repair to rethink that... 

The only thing I'd add about going there for a repair is that it's Dr Pradeep that has developed the reputation for doing challenging & tricky cases - in fact he does less HT's these days, focusing mainly on those types of cases or higher profile cases, as I understand. If I were going to Eugenix for a repair it would be with him only.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2022 at 6:25 AM, Monero said:

He said that general consensus is that grafts can be out for few hours. Eugenix does it faster. There are always at least 3 technicians extracting sorting and puting back grafts. Noone laying on the table can tell you how long each graft had been outside. 

There is too much hoopla about "out of body" time and graft survival and DHI technique. I think it is all BS. 

It is true that you dont want them to sit outside body for hours and hours on end, but the survival doesnt go down much between 1,2,3,4,5,6 hours even with a basic holding solution like normal saline. 

I rather have a clinic that plans properly and "takes their time" to execute the surgery properly, then try to rush things to bring down the out of body time for each graft and messing up or giving subpar extraction or receipient design in the process. 

All things being equal, it is correct you want to minimize the out of body time, but it is much further down the list of priorities than what some clinics may have you believe. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Hmm. Well thanks for letting me know. My personality is such that i would ask for a detailed explanation. 

my surgery with them is next week. Any other  things you want to point out for me to watch out for?

Nov 16, 2022

• Valued Contributor
26 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

Hmm. Well thanks for letting me know. My personality is such that i would ask for a detailed explanation. 

my surgery with them is next week. Any other  things you want to point out for me to watch out for?

I'd ask them if you can come in and have a planning/design session with whichever lead Dr is doing your surgery the evening/day before surgery - it doesn't have to be a long session, but one that you trial some designs, take some pictures of, and digest the design/plan overnight in the hotel so that you go in the next morning for surgery either in full knowledge of the plan, or with some amendments in mind for the morning. Maybe bring some reference photos from the past where you liked your hair and show them to the Dr, or least have a real think about what you want before you go. Rather ridiculously, I hadn't done that. I spent so many years researching & learning about HT's and about good clinic's that it wasn't until after I'd had surgery and gotten home that I realised I'd never studied old pictures of my hair etc, and I'd never experimented at home with drawing my own hairline design. Basically, do whatever you feel you need to do in advance of the morning of surgery to ensure you feel you aren't going in blind. If you have any hesitations about a draft design, don't sit on it - discuss an amendment. It's easy to get swept up the process or defer to their expertise even if you're unsure about something. You'll won't feel like you're being a bother by changing a design or asking questions about your options because the staff & team are genuinely very excellent & friendly. So whatever the deficiencies of that part of their process (at least on occasion), I think now with the benefit of my and others' hindsight, you'll be absolutely fine.

3 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

I'd ask them if you can come in and have a planning/design session with whichever lead Dr is doing your surgery the evening/day before surgery - it doesn't have to be a long session, but one that you trial some designs, take some pictures of, and digest the design/plan overnight in the hotel so that you go in the next morning for surgery either in full knowledge of the plan, or with some amendments in mind for the morning. Maybe bring some reference photos from the past where you liked your hair and show them to the Dr, or least have a real think about what you want before you go. Rather ridiculously, I hadn't done that. I spent so many years researching & learning about HT's and about good clinic's that it wasn't until after I'd had surgery and gotten home that I realised I'd never studied old pictures of my hair etc, and I'd never experimented at home with drawing my own hairline design. Basically, do whatever you feel you need to do in advance of the morning of surgery to ensure you feel you aren't going in blind. If you have any hesitations about a draft design, don't sit on it - discuss an amendment. It's easy to get swept up the process or defer to their expertise even if you're unsure about something. You'll won't feel like you're being a bother by changing a design or asking questions about your options because the staff & team are genuinely very excellent & friendly. So whatever the deficiencies of that part of their process (at least on occasion), I think now with the benefit of my and others' hindsight, you'll be absolutely fine.

Thanks man. Yeah I already showed them a pic of what I expected post surgery and will request a pre-session prior. 

im also gonna be part of their videography or whatever. So that should be fun. I expect due to that, they may have extra attention to detail on my work? Who knows. Better to be safe than sorry though. I plan on questioning them nonstop without deferring. I do know that sometimes we all go a little crazy with how perfect everything has to be when in reality when an average person looks at you they don’t look into that much detail hairwise, I just don’t wanna look like a goofball. 

This is my first HT, and I’m a NW6. I also spent 3/4 years researching and I’m confident in eugenix. Hopefully it all works out. 

• Like 1

Nov 16, 2022

On 10/27/2022 at 4:55 PM, Tommy1991 said:

I spent years looking for a possible repair doctor candidate with the credentials for repairs, Dr Cooley, Dr Feridini, Dr Wong and Eugenix was my shortlist.. 

dr Cooley whom I visited twice whilst in Charlotte, he outright told me he would not be 100% comfortable with doing my repair but he would be confident to make an improvement. 
Dr Feridini had a huge waiting list…. 
dr Wong wanted to cut my head off 😂 (excision of the hairline) which I really didn’t want but he was pretty confident of a great final result. I was not willing to go for it. 

@Tommy1991 I'm confused, you live in Ireland but travelled to Charlotte 2x just for consults with Cooley, and you still didn't end up going with him? Or you were in Charlotte for unrelated reasons and happened to drop on by Cooley's office since you were in the area?

I'm still perplexed how you could have spend years researching your repair, and be knowledgeable of all the big name repair docs, and still end up at Eugenix...

I come on this forum daily and am forced to ingest all the Eugenix hype just like everyone else. I've probably read all the same Eugenix threads you have too. I was/am a repair patient myself, and not once would I ever consider Eugenix to be a repair clinic. 

Of course I'm sure they will call themselves a repair clinic, but sometimes you have to look through the marketing and hype. 

I don't say any of this to make you feel bad - I am a repair patient myself, had my 1st repair with Mwamba in June and my 2nd coming up in January - I am just very confused how someone can meet Cooley in person 2x and somehow find themselves in India for a repair. 

My advice to you is to go with Mwamba. He is legitimately one of the best repair docs in the world, and there is the benefit that Belgium is not that far from Ireland. Additionally, Mwamba does not require repair patients to have an in-person consult like Cooley or Bisanga do. 

I imagine Mwamba is significantly costlier than Eugenix, but you must know by now that repairs are going to be costly. You just have to accept it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

@Tommy1991 I'm confused, you live in Ireland but travelled to Charlotte 2x just for consults with Cooley, and you still didn't end up going with him? Or you were in Charlotte for unrelated reasons and happened to drop on by Cooley's office since you were in the area?

I'm still perplexed how you could have spend years researching your repair, and be knowledgeable of all the big name repair docs, and still end up at Eugenix...

I come on this forum daily and am forced to ingest all the Eugenix hype just like everyone else. I've probably read all the same Eugenix threads you have too. I was/am a repair patient myself, and not once would I ever consider Eugenix to be a repair clinic. 

Of course I'm sure they will call themselves a repair clinic, but sometimes you have to look through the marketing and hype. 

I don't say any of this to make you feel bad - I am a repair patient myself, had my 1st repair with Mwamba in June and my 2nd coming up in January - I am just very confused how someone can meet Cooley in person 2x and somehow find themselves in India for a repair. 

My advice to you is to go with Mwamba. He is legitimately one of the best repair docs in the world, and there is the benefit that Belgium is not that far from Ireland. Additionally, Mwamba does not require repair patients to have an in-person consult like Cooley or Bisanga do. 

I imagine Mwamba is significantly costlier than Eugenix, but you must know by now that repairs are going to be costly. You just have to accept it. 

Have a look at the thread for my explanations on it.
I was in the area working on both occasions and each time I had deep conversations with the doctor himself.. can’t fault the guy and he was 100% honest, in hindsight (of course it’s a great thing) I would’ve chosen him over Eugenix.

as you may see I’m just a new member here so I didn’t have that exclusive access to certain comments in Eugenix which of course would be my fault…

There is no doubt I would agree with your judgement… I did have the shortlist and choosing Dr Arika (isn’t she a big name?) was my 3rd choice in the end. I ultimately thought I would receive a decent repair based on all her you tube videos about repairs and of course her results… no way did I expect certain things that followed. 

I appreciate the advice though! I will look him up. 

Considering you are a repair patient too, I guess certain experiences are evident unless we underwent them ourselves… and learned from them… 

I did feel very confident picking Eugenix(Dr Arika)!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy1991 said:

Considering you are a repair patient too, I guess certain experiences are evident unless we underwent them ourselves… and learned from them… 

totally. the doctor who botched me was HORRIBLE and I can't believe I chose her in the first place. 

I was naive and didn't know 95% of the world's hair transplant doctors are greedy, incompetent charlatans. Hindsight is 20/20...

• Like 3

On 11/5/2022 at 7:03 PM, Tommy1991 said:

Thanks for that, I will have look for the photos not something I have readily available unfortunately.

I had 3000 grafts from initial surgery. Yeah and the hairline was lowered too much, around 0.5cm too much I would say. Dr Balwi and his team, of course  was led to believe he would be performing the surgery but he did not.

Yeah, look in hindsight I would not go to Eugenix for a repair ever again. As I said in my initial post, I have many concerns and if all mentioned, people will just state wait for the 12months... But the two big ones for me, the gaps that were not filled and the hairline was slightly lowered by another 1-2mm, which I noted the following day... 

I am 100% sure I will need a touch up, especially finding a suitable doctor that will take back my hairline by 5mm or so.

Yeah, but the post op care is pointless to me if the planning was not correct, and my comment ignored. Post op care will not fix that.

I will have a look at your threads for results.

How many cms from the glabella is your hairline currently ? I know it's not the only criteria for hairline position and other things like fore head muscles and age are considerations as well. Taking your hairline back by 0.5 cm is a big surgery, and having a third one wouldn't just be financially challenging but emotionally as well.

You also mentioned Dr Balwi ? Is he from elithair ?

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Tommy1991 said:

Here is the progress at 4months

Hairline 1.jpg

rh temple.jpg

lh temple.jpg

rh temple 2.jpg

This is purely shock loss in the area beyond the transplanted zone although it is a rare occurrence depending upon an individual's natural progression of baldness. I suggest you continue on meds and wait for 6 months mark. 

Eugenix is a very renowned name, I think they will come forward to help you out, if the gap is still there, dont worry pal, this will be over by 5-6 months. Thanks for the update. Cheers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guys just a query: in the last couple of weeks I have noticed a little gap appear on the right hand temple! Probably around the 4month mark!!
I don’t think this was as prominent prior to the surgery as it is now but I do suspect this is a case of some shock loss in that area..? Opinions? I’m on Finasteride and hair-loss stabilised very well over the last few years. 
This area was definitely filled in as I have reviewed the post surgery photos by Eugenix which is also attached. 

C034DA75-9B7D-4F77-8ABE-DBA9247F58EC.jpeg

614BF9FE-81A9-46C1-9E44-50EA7416A1AA.jpeg

6B0AB610-C4DB-45AB-9C3D-757C97E6F208.jpeg

F4FA2293-368D-4A6F-B7AB-2E0F61FEF1EB.jpeg

Edited by Tommy1991

• Valued Contributor

That gap just looks like a naturally occurring gap that happens where hair directions start to move in opposite ways (or because of how you style it). It seems more prominent in the recent photo due to brighter/harsher lighting conditions. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Valued Contributor

What are your own thoughts about ur hairline and tht gaps u mentioned above? U wud be the best judge as pics dnt reveal evrythng...so u cn only tell tht did tht get better or still concerning ? 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

11 hours ago, Tougoire said:

Yes, Id be interested if you could post some current pictures of the area behind the hairline. I have a similar issue so would like to compare. 

It’s pretty much the same as before and right after the surgery. I really don’t see any major difference.

only difference is my hair is much longer now.

I still stand by what I said in the thread a few months ago, it should have been lightly packed.

here is just the right hand side for now. 

4D56FC1B-203D-4B75-8DD2-A54D44A08791.thumb.jpeg.e26c9d9aee3b1156327891c9f13d2c03.jpegA38C9096-5112-49FF-98E5-40A4E0707A0A.thumb.jpeg.7df641063673832c8bd999871135bdc5.jpeg