Is $6000 (6K USD) Too Cheap ?

Looking into getting a hair transplant in Istanbul/Turkey and would like to know if this budget is feasible.I would very much appreciate doctor recommendations and/or guidance for the best option under this price point.

Looking to pay around $6000 including all travel expenses. 

So far I have been considering:

Dr. Pekiner

Dr. Bicer 

Dr. Akar

I am open to options outside of Turkey as long as they are under my price point. I am located in the US. 

Photos:

D16A0402-425B-49C0-8479-F569C1393EC4.thumb.jpeg.e83f78bc3c61c8a3f68ecec200b3126d.jpegE1FB68FD-E3C0-4CA2-84A9-A8B745890B63.thumb.jpeg.79469a6899f59a3330afc6aa3a7f6417.jpeg840E4B71-05AC-499B-A19E-D7F4184A8272.thumb.jpeg.3a3cf816bdca980f0867ad194a829353.jpegA0BE4E64-C482-467D-A5D9-DE7193FB861B.thumb.jpeg.234c7a2af68a3dc82019dba5a109f52c.jpeg28F2CF49-C8D1-4E12-9C03-1B4DA80B9343.thumb.jpeg.4f1608cab4522f362f579e7fde1ec1a5.jpeg87947D83-1075-45AF-9C25-FE604EEAB054.thumb.jpeg.faa2dc1a45d26af9eb5e8f2a9aac420c.jpeg

• Confused 1

Depends what you want done.  Travel can also be expensive.  If you live in the south of the US, maybe check out Dr. Nader in Mexico.  He's pretty cheap compared to US prices.  

But it will depend on how many grafts you want.  You don't have much hair loss.

Check out my journey here:

• Administrators

Don’t get an HT. You don’t need one, your hair looks perfectly fine. Wait a few more years when you actually have visible hair loss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, mr_peanutbutter said:

do you see these little hairs at the front? they are miniaturized, they are most likely to go…im not sure if minox alone will stop that

I see, I started minoxidil and derma pen about a year ago and the hairs you mention seemed to be new hair (prior to starting minoxidil I did not have hair here). Since starting minoxidil and derma I have not noticed any more hair loss, as I mentioned I even noticed more hair growth. Very much appreciate the input/feedback as it helps me weigh out my decision. 

• Like 1

Go by cost per graft, not overall cost. This is relatively minor hair loss so far...maybe 1,000-2,000 grafts maximum if you really want to go through with a HT. I would pay no more than $2/graft, meaning no more than $4,000 excluding travel expenses. If you're in the U.S. it will be difficult to find a price point <$2/graft, but you would save on travel costs. You could find a good clinic overseas for under $2/graft but then would pay more in travel expenses. Still, I don't see this warranting a cost of any more than about $5,000.

29 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

Go by cost per graft, not overall cost. This is relatively minor hair loss so far...maybe 1,000-2,000 grafts maximum if you really want to go through with a HT. I would pay no more than $2/graft, meaning no more than $4,000 excluding travel expenses. If you're in the U.S. it will be difficult to find a price point <$2/graft, but you would save on travel costs. You could find a good clinic overseas for under $2/graft but then would pay more in travel expenses. Still, I don't see this warranting a cost of any more than about $5,000.

Thank you so much for the input !!

4 hours ago, bruh my toe said:

I see, I started minoxidil and derma pen about a year ago and the hairs you mention seemed to be new hair (prior to starting minoxidil I did not have hair here). Since starting minoxidil and derma I have not noticed any more hair loss, as I mentioned I even noticed more hair growth. Very much appreciate the input/feedback as it helps me weigh out my decision. 

They’re most likely not gonna grow much longer then that, I too tried minox and all it did was grow small hairs along the hairline that never grew past that and they eventually fell out only a transplant will be able to help my hairline 

4 hours ago, Spring15 said:

Pekiner , Bicer or Keser should do you well, probably 1000-1500 grafts or so. I personally think Pekiner is Turkey's best

I really like his work too, and he may be just around that price range. You only need a little bit.