So self conscious about temporal points FUE

kaiseph

I had an FUE about 2 years ago with Asli Tarcan hair clinic Istanbul, I did not have any hair loss, I made it very clear beforehand that I only wanted my hairline lowered. They performed FUE on my temporal points without my prior knowledge or consent, when I objected afterwards they said “it was to add balance”. 2 years on and I can hardly leave the house because it looks horrendous. What can I even do at this point? The skin underneath the temporal points is still red, and the hairs are of different thickness and are not following the correct direction.

E1D867F9-66C8-4520-8B65-297229A60083.jpeg

A54C9DF5-B6A3-40A6-A430-D428994005C2.jpeg

29B18DC8-1A8A-4AA7-A5B8-7C2B257E46B3.jpeg

620AC01D-7D49-401A-98D3-EE9D66E5756C.jpeg

5684E637-107D-410F-848C-9516D9AE30DB.jpeg

21A3BD25-2327-4623-A7B7-B9909EF38FFA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

@RTC

I’m so sorry bro — agreed it def looks unnatural. Wtf were they thinking implementing it like this?

RTC recently had a repair with Mwamba after  a horrible Asli Tarcan experience. These people are butchers and have no integrity. A repair doctor can hopefully fix this. Good luck mate. 

• Like 7

Beyond the issues you mentioned, looks like there may be a gap between the temple points and the rest of your hair

I'm curious, did how did the lowered hairline turn out?

Some solutions:

-Get electrolysis on your temple points. Just completely kill them. Then, you wouldn't necessarily have to go to a repair doctor, but you could go to any good doctor, since this area would be re-done completely frrom scratch. 

Temporary Solutions:

-May seem a bit weird to do, but if you put gel or another holding product in your temple points, that should bring it under control

-Just keep shaving down your temple points until the rowdiness is no longer apparent

-Wear glasses or any other fashion choices which either camouflage or divert people's attention away from the temple points

While the temple points are objectively bad, and I do sympathize with you, if it makes you feel any better this is hardly the worst repair case I've seen on here. 

Many botched victims can't leave their house without a hat on and would kill to only have your issue lol. 

Screenshot (26).png

• Like 3

Asli Tarcan have consistently been racking up a strong and steady portfolio of victims. Just know that there are many other victims that underwent the chainsaw in the Asli Tarcan clinic and by you sharing your experience you are deterring other people from making the same mistake.

I think you should have a look at Electrolysis and completely kill the hairs as HappyMan2021 stated. Also the fact that the skin is still red is concerning. You should probably get that checked out and if you were to have a second procedure to conceal the horrific results of the first getting your temples checked could provide valuable information to a more experience surgeon.

• Like 5

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

12 hours ago, kaiseph said:

I had an FUE about 2 years ago with Asli Tarcan hair clinic Istanbul, I did not have any hair loss, I made it very clear beforehand that I only wanted my hairline lowered. They performed FUE on my temporal points without my prior knowledge or consent, when I objected afterwards they said “it was to add balance”. 2 years on and I can hardly leave the house because it looks horrendous. What can I even do at this point? The skin underneath the temporal points is still red, and the hairs are of different thickness and are not following the correct direction.

E1D867F9-66C8-4520-8B65-297229A60083.jpeg

A54C9DF5-B6A3-40A6-A430-D428994005C2.jpeg

29B18DC8-1A8A-4AA7-A5B8-7C2B257E46B3.jpeg

620AC01D-7D49-401A-98D3-EE9D66E5756C.jpeg

5684E637-107D-410F-848C-9516D9AE30DB.jpeg

21A3BD25-2327-4623-A7B7-B9909EF38FFA.jpeg

I would FUE them out and apply the best anti scar treatment possible, then learn to live with whatever redness is left.

• Like 1

It's not that horrible man. Just grow your hair out a little bit and the average normal (non-Norwood-HT-obsessed) person wouldn't give it two thoughts. Sure, if it preys on your mind and psyche, just get another operation to remove them but really, I just see a young dude with a lot of hair and possibly more free time on his hands. 

Edited by StillAlive
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, RTC said:

Sorry to see this bro

You are not the first and not the last who has had an awful result with these scumbags.

Would be happy to talk with you about my experience

Thanks mate, yeah would be good to chat, how do you want to be in touch?

On 10/16/2022 at 12:25 AM, HappyMan2021 said:

Beyond the issues you mentioned, looks like there may be a gap between the temple points and the rest of your hair

I'm curious, did how did the lowered hairline turn out?

Some solutions:

-Get electrolysis on your temple points. Just completely kill them. Then, you wouldn't necessarily have to go to a repair doctor, but you could go to any good doctor, since this area would be re-done completely frrom scratch. 

Temporary Solutions:

-May seem a bit weird to do, but if you put gel or another holding product in your temple points, that should bring it under control

-Just keep shaving down your temple points until the rowdiness is no longer apparent

-Wear glasses or any other fashion choices which either camouflage or divert people's attention away from the temple points

While the temple points are objectively bad, and I do sympathize with you, if it makes you feel any better this is hardly the worst repair case I've seen on here. 

Many botched victims can't leave their house without a hat on and would kill to only have your issue lol. 

Screenshot (26).png

Thanks for the suggestions, Im happy enough with the hairline, perhaps it isnt 100% natural looking but it is the least of my concerns to be honest, if the sides were okay I would not be unhappy with how it has turned out.

With the electrolysis - I would then just be left with no hair there right? Which would probably look just as bad

So when I get my haircut I get a skinfade, so the sides are cut to zero, but then as my hair grows back I have to trim the implanted area every other day to stop it from appearing way darker than the surrounding hair. What you see in the pictures is about 2 weeks since my last haircut, left to their own devices the sides would look like thick mutton chops slapped on the side of my head. It is not possible to flatten them with product at all, the hairs when short are very hard and thick, in comparison to the thin almost whispy hairs surrounding.

It really does help you saying it isnt the worst you have seen, thanks for that, but I am a perfectionist, hence why I had the procedure despite having no hair loss.

23 hours ago, mister_25 said:

Asli Tarcan have consistently been racking up a strong and steady portfolio of victims. Just know that there are many other victims that underwent the chainsaw in the Asli Tarcan clinic and by you sharing your experience you are deterring other people from making the same mistake.

I think you should have a look at Electrolysis and completely kill the hairs as HappyMan2021 stated. Also the fact that the skin is still red is concerning. You should probably get that checked out and if you were to have a second procedure to conceal the horrific results of the first getting your temples checked could provide valuable information to a more experience surgeon.

Thanks for the reply, with the electrolysis would I not just then be left with an area there with no hair, and possibly end up looking worse?

Yeah the redness is very strange, it stayed from how it was after the surgery. I went to a doctor and he had to call another doctor in to look at it, because they couldnt make sense of it. They prescribed me a topical oil called Betnovat 1mg/ml, I believe it is a Norweigan medication. If I apply at night before I go to bed then it makes the skin somewhat regular colour for the next day, but miss one night and the redness returns.

12 hours ago, StillAlive said:

It's not that horrible man. Just grow your hair out a little bit and the average normal (non-Norwood-HT-obsessed) person wouldn't give it two thoughts. Sure, if it preys on your mind and psyche, just get another operation to remove them but really, I just see a young dude with a lot of hair and possibly more free time on his hands. 

Thanks, I appreciate the words and others have also said the same. I guess I am a perfectionist, and it really does prey on my mind constantly. My worry with another procedure is having another poor job done, surely if they did the procedure again with hair from my donor area we would have the same issue with the thickness of the hairs being too great, I really think that is the main issue here more than the redness or the hair direction etc

14 hours ago, BaldV said:

I would FUE them out and apply the best anti scar treatment possible, then learn to live with whatever redness is left.

Do you know of any good anti scar treatment for this? My doctor prescribed Betnovat 1mg/ml, I believe it is a Norweigan medication, its a topical oil that I apply before bed. Helps the redness a little the next day, but if I miss a day the redness is back the same

2 hours ago, kaiseph said:

With the electrolysis - I would then just be left with no hair there right? Which would probably look just as bad

the hard truth is you 100% will need a repair surgery. But killing off the bad hairs now makes the surgeons job a lot easier. 

2 hours ago, kaiseph said:

Thanks, I appreciate the words and others have also said the same. I guess I am a perfectionist, and it really does prey on my mind constantly. My worry with another procedure is having another poor job done, surely if they did the procedure again with hair from my donor area we would have the same issue with the thickness of the hairs being too great, I really think that is the main issue here more than the redness or the hair direction etc

Nah, a good surgeon will measure caliber, angles, and extract similar hair from your head (usually very low nape hairs which are naturally thin and weak).

8 hours ago, kaiseph said:

Do you know of any good anti scar treatment for this? My doctor prescribed Betnovat 1mg/ml, I believe it is a Norweigan medication, its a topical oil that I apply before bed. Helps the redness a little the next day, but if I miss a day the redness is back the same

Contact Feriduni and Muresanu, they have experience with similar repair cases.

• Like 1

@kaisephYou need to see a reputable hair transplant surgeon (in-person) with a strong portfolio of repair work. You should not be making any more decisions that are going to be permanent, i.e. electrolysis, until that point.  

I definitely see why you're bothered by your hair in its current state, and even though I understand why some posters are trying to spare your feelings, the reality is you need significant repair work on the entirety of your hairline.

Please don't make things any worse by rushing your decisions in a state of panic, or in an attempt to save on costs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

@kaisephYou need to see a reputable hair transplant surgeon (in-person) with a strong portfolio of repair work. You should not be making any more decisions that are going to be permanent, i.e. electrolysis, until that point.  

I definitely see why you're bothered by your hair in its current state, and even though I understand why some posters are trying to spare your feelings, the reality is you need significant repair work on the entirety of your hairline.

Please don't make things any worse by rushing your decisions in a state of panic, or in an attempt to save on costs.

Yes I agree, I'll admit my choice of surgeon wasn't very well researched. Do you have any recommendations on surgeons based in Europe?

I'm scheduled for surgery with DeFrietas in about four months, but that will be my first surgery, so I can't in good conscience recommend him yet. The surgeons I was most impressed with in Europe--based solely on research, not firsthand experience--are DeFreitas, Feriduni, and Bisanga.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Temporary solution would be grow your hair out. The longer the hair, the less obvious it will be. I would probably opt for removing the grafts via FUE and then re-implanting them. Dr. Mwamba does this, so does Dr. Bisanga. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 2:02 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Temporary solution would be grow your hair out. The longer the hair, the less obvious it will be. I would probably opt for removing the grafts via FUE and then re-implanting them. Dr. Mwamba does this, so does Dr. Bisanga. 

This is the best advice.. try growing them out for some temporary relief and in the meantime go talk to bisanga, his coordinators are active here, whatever he suggests will be the best course of action...