Eugenix (Drs. Das/Somesh/Vinita) | 11,102 grafts | NW 6/7 | 28 yrs old | 2022/2023/2024

3 hours ago, ZeeMan said:

Congrats on the HT @general-etwan, you went with the best clinic!

As I prepare for my own procedure next month, had couple Q's.

Q: What kind of visa did you get? (I'm in the US as well).

Q: Did you fill the AirSuvedha form before boarding the flight in the US, or before landing in Delhi?

Q: How was the Covid vaccination verified? Pic on phone? Who/where asks for this? Immigration at Delhi?

Thank you!

1. I went with the standard tourist e-visa online. Medical would have also been okay but needed a letter from the clinic so the tourist is just easier. You can apply online up to 4 days before trip. Mine was approved within 48 hours. 

2. I filled out the Air Suvidha form before leaving my house for the airport and printed it out so I had a physical copy. It’s essentially saying you will upon arrival comply with all health measures with whatever method of demonstration you chose.

3. You can provide whatever you choose up to picture on phone if you desire. I am not an approver of covid vaccination mandates and I do not share my vaccination records with any entity, anywhere, at any time. So I took my covid PCR test within 72 hours of departing home and then sent that result to both Eugenix and printed out a physical copy for New Delhi airport to verify that I was not infected and was safe to travel freely. 

Hope that helps!

Edited by general-etwan
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

@general-etwandid the injections hurt?

A month and 3 days for my procedure with them!!

Not too bad. On the scalp, they used some sort of vibration tool that made the injections less painful, just tiny pricks. The chin area was most painful; for some reason they don’t use the vibration tool as much there and I just had to push through the pain until the area was numbed. 

Anyone have advice on whether using a moisturizing lotion on the recipient area daily is a good or bad idea at this point? I tend to have dry skin and have a hyaluronic acid moisturizing lotion that I like to use on my face and hands sometimes and wonder if using that on the recipient area would help create a more positive growing environment or whether it's unnecessary. 

At this point I am washing the whole head with normal Dove shampoo daily in the shower. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
19 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

Anyone have advice on whether using a moisturizing lotion on the recipient area daily is a good or bad idea at this point? I tend to have dry skin and have a hyaluronic acid moisturizing lotion that I like to use on my face and hands sometimes and wonder if using that on the recipient area would help create a more positive growing environment or whether it's unnecessary. 

At this point I am washing the whole head with normal Dove shampoo daily in the shower. 

Probably fine but maybe better to stick to the tried and trusted aloe vera gel. It’ll sooth the area and help with any itchiness. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

I have heard a lot of people say to use aloe vera gel, but personally i never did and i used saline spray for as long as possible and then tried to use pure castor oil personally to keep the area at the front as hydrated as possible. 

Personally what seemed to help me a lot recently and I've been too lax with it is consuming a lot more water to help hydrate the skin. Also, i've been previously diagnosed with low Vitamin D, so i take a Vit D pill once per day pretty much too. 

Overall though, it all comes down to what's causing your dry skin and probably best to consult a dermatologist if possible. I have a lot of knock on effect with dandruff and Nizoral never cut it but T-Gel helped. 

2 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I have heard a lot of people say to use aloe vera gel, but personally i never did and i used saline spray for as long as possible and then tried to use pure castor oil personally to keep the area at the front as hydrated as possible. 

Personally what seemed to help me a lot recently and I've been too lax with it is consuming a lot more water to help hydrate the skin. Also, i've been previously diagnosed with low Vitamin D, so i take a Vit D pill once per day pretty much too. 

Overall though, it all comes down to what's causing your dry skin and probably best to consult a dermatologist if possible. I have a lot of knock on effect with dandruff and Nizoral never cut it but T-Gel helped. 

Oh yeah I am still using the saline spray too, so I will just use it more often for a while. I drink tons of water, very active, just have crappy skin, not too worried about it...just want to promote the best environment for hair growth possible. Thanks!

16 hours ago, general-etwan said:

One thing I have been thinking about. And it doesn't only go for Eugenics. Sometimes for high norwoods they go with first the front and in a second session the crown. And sometimes (like for you) they do all at once. Do you have an idea what decides whether they do one or the other? And did they discuss those options with you?

14 minutes ago, Xanadu said:

One thing I have been thinking about. And it doesn't only go for Eugenics. Sometimes for high norwoods they go with first the front and in a second session the crown. And sometimes (like for you) they do all at once. Do you have an idea what decides whether they do one or the other? And did they discuss those options with you?

Good question. From the original consultation I requested full coverage in one procedure. I personally didn’t want to only do the front half in one procedure in case I can’t ever go back for more work. So full coverage was always the plan from the beginning. When I got there Dr. Das was already on board with that plan; we never discussed splitting the area up into multiple procedures. I’m sure it would have been possible to do it that way as Mr. John Cross (bandit) did; I just preferred to address the whole area at once and even if there’s lower density as a result I still think it’ll be good enough for my expectations.

2 hours ago, general-etwan said:

Good question. From the original consultation I requested full coverage in one procedure. I personally didn’t want to only do the front half in one procedure in case I can’t ever go back for more work. So full coverage was always the plan from the beginning. When I got there Dr. Das was already on board with that plan; we never discussed splitting the area up into multiple procedures. I’m sure it would have been possible to do it that way as Mr. John Cross (bandit) did; I just preferred to address the whole area at once and even if there’s lower density as a result I still think it’ll be good enough for my expectations.

That's fair and I understand your choice. Not sure if two sessions would have any advantages, but it definitely would have disadvantages - and still most do it that way.

1 hour ago, dionysos said:

Congrats and good luck for the rest of this journey!
I am interested in the density of your beard after surgery! Is there still a lot of redness?

None at all. Fully recovered after just a week or so.22B78A95-A3C5-4985-81D1-47CC84B0C128.thumb.jpeg.fa16f9bf46ad8c4a0fc291e326565f6a.jpeg

Happy growing man. I wish you all the best. Can I ask you something? I think I can see a gap in the connection between your sides and the transplanted area as it is shown on the circle. What do u think about it ? 

5A2377C1-3455-468E-8B81-F1E1FE5893A7.jpeg

Edited by Jackdaniels

8 hours ago, Delta Bravo said:

wowwwwwwww man, great write up and content. Looking forward for your growth. Happy phase ahead pal.

Thank you. I enjoy writing. Happy to share as much info as possible with people. 

8 hours ago, Jackdaniels said:

Happy growing man. I wish you all the best. Can I ask you something? I think I can see a gap in the connection between your sides and the transplanted area as it is shown on the circle. What do u think about it ? 

5A2377C1-3455-468E-8B81-F1E1FE5893A7.jpeg

Good question. Technically, they didn’t go right up to the “still-growing-in-full-force” area in any part of the HT. You can see that in these pics…

7FF39CDC-5A8C-4CF2-93AE-91F4A89C4D74.thumb.jpeg.16d0f0bf15a64f1de375b4519511a7c0.jpeg

5414856E-419C-4AAB-9D86-2BA74CE35126.thumb.jpeg.73d478ea37f0f5cc1ac9a98af5fa015b.jpeg

But I think the appearance of a “gap” was exacerbated by lighting conditions too. If you look at this one below (1 month) there’s no major gap. Not worried. I’m sure when it all grows in it will be good enough for me. I just wanted to come back from the dead, man. I’m excited about that possibility. 😂
82E1C06B-90CF-489B-B18D-D088E14DB1F7.thumb.jpeg.c59f4f7c3a77a083e51cd812286ddaaf.jpeg

Edited by general-etwan
  • Like 3

I'd like to see if some more people would want to weigh in on SMP. I'm not overly stressed about this yet; I'm really just chilling for the next several months knowing by Spring it will start looking good; but I still want to make sure I exhaust all options for future planning here.

This is after I buzzed my entire donor area after about 2.5/3 weeks. The problem that I've always had here for the past few years is that there is literally a difference in pigment of my skin in this lower crown thinning area vs the rest of the back and sides. I guess it's literally the hair underneath the skin creating the grayish look of the back and sides, but when those grafts start thinning out, the grayish tone is lost which results in this contrast that I'm going to want to resolve somehow. 

However, I do feel that SMP even in this area might not look entirely right, and it certainly doesn't get the stamp of approval very often here. Could my other option for the future be to grow this area out longer, try some sort of fibers in that area, and buzz the lower back even shorter, to try to pull off a fade look?

137788715_IMG_5160-Copy.thumb.jpeg.9510135faf3e180f9554af19bbe906f1.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

i have my HT scheduled for Jan- do they guide you as to how to obtain visa and travelling. I tried contacting them and it has been really hard with them recently @Eugenix Hair Sciences

Hello Jay, you can send us a personalized text with your contact details, and we will arrange a call from our concierge department. They will assist you with all your queries. 

Regards,
Eugenix Hair Sciences 

• Administrators
On 10/13/2022 at 10:36 AM, Xanadu said:

That's fair and I understand your choice. Not sure if two sessions would have any advantages, but it definitely would have disadvantages - and still most do it that way.

It’s actually the other way around. Sessions biggest advantage is donor management, and ensuring that grafts grow optimally, WAY lower risk. Doing sessions all at once is a gamble. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

37 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It’s actually the other way around. Sessions biggest advantage is donor management, and ensuring that grafts grow optimally, WAY lower risk. Doing sessions all at once is a gamble. 

I was sure of the disadvantages of two session is for a long time still being bald with a moon - not a great look.

So I was asking what disadvantages doing only one has - and you here answered that. That makes sense - cheers.  

• Like 1

@general-etwan The reason for that discrepancy in color in your donor area is because you are headed to norwood 7, and that lighter area will eventually be bald. This is why the grafts were not extracted from that region, because it is not a stable donor area suitable for hair transplantation.  

SMP may be an option there but ultimately it is best to do nothing now and wait for your hair transplant to grow out for the full year.

In my opinion considering your donor area and status I am not sure you were quite a candidate, at best I would recommend that you get a suitable hairline to frame your face from the hair transplant and combine it with smp eventually to go for the buzzed but 3D look that the transplant would allow you to have. 

For Norwood 7 patients with weak donor it is very, very difficult to achieve a good result, it is not your fault, it is just a physical limitation of transplantation at this time.

• Like 1