Is using topik bad for your hair?

Hah6788887

Just make sure its authentic, there are many counterfit Toppik products. I would only buy from their official site. Years ago when i didn't know any better , bough it from Ebay for $10, only to learn later it was fake. Had embarrasing situation on a date, the thing did not bind well to hair & made my scalp green.

• Administrators

No its not, I still use it.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 10/5/2022 at 9:18 PM, civic said:

Just make sure its authentic, there are many counterfit Toppik products. I would only buy from their official site. Years ago when i didn't know any better , bough it from Ebay for $10, only to learn later it was fake. Had embarrasing situation on a date, the thing did not bind well to hair & made my scalp green.

Hahahah that sucks. I remember a situation in the gym, a guy approached me and asked whats on my scalp. I panicked and answered "hair".🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, lunch_owl said:

Hahahah that sucks. I remember a situation in the gym, a guy approached me and asked whats on my scalp. I panicked and answered "hair".🤣

one of the downside of using topic if condition is humid, or you're sweating or got water on your head somehow. 

still beat looking like half bald though. i don't use topic for workout exactly because of this.

on the topic, i don't think it's bad for your hair as so, but usually despite you shampooing/cleaning your hair from toppik, there would still be few powders left, this can stick to your pillow or any other surface. i'm not sure how they interact with your scalp, so it's possible to create buildup and create acne, especially if you don't clean it after the use, but i don't know about this one.

„Dr. Lupanzula feels that these types of products can clog pores and have the potential to stunt full regrowth, which is why we do not recommend the use of any type of concealer in the recipient zone.“

that’s what Dr. Lupanzula says about using toppik after a ht.

1 hour ago, Mo83 said:

„Dr. Lupanzula feels that these types of products can clog pores and have the potential to stunt full regrowth, which is why we do not recommend the use of any type of concealer in the recipient zone.“

that’s what Dr. Lupanzula says about using toppik after a ht.

Very interesting, this is the first I've ever heard of a Dr warning about fibers.

Curious to hear from people who used fibers during their ugly duckling stage and whether they feel it impacted growth at all!