who do you think is better at FUE?

pmill

HDC or BHR? i know Bisanga used to work for HDC I live in ths U.S but these 2 clinics are really amazing me with their FUE results. I'm really trying to decide between these 2.Any opinions?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HDC or BHR? i know Bisanga used to work for HDC I live in ths U.S but these 2 clinics are really amazing me with their FUE results. I'm really trying to decide between these 2.Any opinions?

They are both good from the dozens of pictures Ive seen. Its always better to see people in person.

You got one guy on here today that said Bisanga follicle survival rate is no different than any other FUE doctor.

If that was a fact then why are his results so much better then 85% of the fue docs out there.

Doesnt follicle survival rate help determine final result.

People need to slow down and stop shooting off at the mouth without remembering what they type

Please Grow Please: that's just pathetic.. you choose to only read parts of what I write but then you quote me. Well that is just misrepresenting what is being said.

I have the feeling you are doing this on purpose for one reason or another. If you look back at the original post on the first page of the other thread you will see that I spent the time to respond to you. Here's what I wrote:

Here's what I wrote:

------------------------------------------

PLEASE GROW PLEASE & Franklin:

You both took my comments out of context. I'm thinking I didn't explain my point in enough detail as it was continual - I apologize but this has nothing to do with how good a doctor is, instead I'm talking about the range. For example here are the ranges I believe are pretty close to being true:

Strip doctors' follicle survival rate = 90-99% (this is what I believe)

FUE doctors' follicle survival rate = 25-80% (this is what I believe)

Think of it like cooking a chicken. I surely know it's going to take longer than 30 minute but definally under an hour. The range would then be 30-60 minutes... Now this range isn't going to every change no matter how good the cook is. As long as all the cooks have the same stoves with the same maximum temp settings... no one will fall outside of the range...

So if we go back to my FUE point... It doesn't matter which FUE doctor, they will always stay within the range. Of course, each of those doctors will have differences within the range, but that's not what I wanted to stress.

I hope I have explain the point a bit clearer.

------------------------------------------

If that was a fact then why are his results so much better then 85% of the fue docs out there.

Doesnt follicle survival rate determine final result.

not exactly... obv you know there are more factors that play into the look of the final result that have nothing to do with the graft survival rate......

also when you say they are better than 85% this is obv an opinion only

PGP--- have you seen any FUE patients from either clinic in person?? i ask this because i believe you know that pictures cas be altered, and VERY deceptive... while the documentation of these clinics is not the worst. i HAVE seen PLENTY of results where the dude was VERY bald, gets his front 3rd done and magically has a FULL HEAD OF HAIR in the afters..... its difficult to endorse ANY clinic unless your going off your own persoal experience, or have stleast seen several results in person IMHO....

do the pics the clinic posts look good??? sure.. is that enough to trust them?? not by my measure...

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

im not sure ive seen any results from either that the use of native hair was not PARAMOUNT to the final result... i feel this is IMPORTANT TO NOTE because most all of these guys will eventually lose their hair.. then the question becomes will they be able to get decent desity to atleast come close to covering the crown and mid scalp via FUE only. .. THEN and only then are any of us HTers actually "set"... Bill is 'set', nic nitro is 'set'.....someone show me ONE patient who was bald and through a couple FUE procedures now has achieved a look like Bill has...where are all these guys and why do they not post updates and results for us... they dont exist, Armani tried to make people believe it could be done.. it cant... the more i see these results the more i do really realize that too many guys are getting HTs that shouldnt.

the biggest question those looking into FUE should ask themselves is CAN IT RESTORE MY HAIRLOSS AS IT CONTINUES TO PROGRESS.... if you ask me the answer is plain to see...

that said FUE has its place for sure in this business, but it is along side with strip, not apart from it... not if you ever plan on being "set"

No HAIRBOY You said

Dr Bisanga follicle survival rate is no different than any other FUE doctor.

How do you know this .

Have you seen his results up close .

I actually have seen a Bisagna patient.

Ive also seen around 20 pretty clear pics to show otherwise.

My doctor who is not only considered one of top most ethical doctors also said great things about his clinic.

One of the top techs in the world Janna actually recommeneded him to me for a friend of mine.

Just because some of these clowns like Armani are having a ton of issue doesnt mean everyone is or that every doc acheives the same yeild.

Also until someone invents a button we can press and the patient head pops out the screen there are not going to be national geographic shots online .

Some guys on here are so paranoid that every clinic is deceiving them with photos they will either stay butchered or bald.

What the point of being on here if every clinic is a fraud.

LMS I added the word help to what you pasted.

Thats what I should of typed . I didnt expect to be examined so closly on MLK day icon_smile.gif

Do you know how hard it is to see several patients of any doctor in person.

Your lucky if you get to meet two.

By the time the paranoia from past botched jobs fades away ,some will be chillen in a nursing home.

I see ALOT of clinic bashing and "Ill get you somehow" even if its your picture taking skills from guys that were screwed at one time from another place. So frickin worried that Lee Bosley or Matt Leavitt are wearing a Dr Wong and Dr Shapiro disguise

I had a horrible outcome from Nuhart and it took sometime to get over but but now after a few years Ive realized not every clinic is out to get you. Hell even the bad clinics arent ,they just suck.

Ive had strips and now after 3 months Im seeing growth from this fue session on the temple points and for scar fill in.

I understand the pros and cons of each.

This guy asked a question about these clinics that in my opinion are doing solid work.

Should I not say anything in fear Ill have to answer dudes questions. No Im saying it because its a great place to start your research.

Swagger trust me I have bashed fue more then anyone on these boards.

Im not just telling anyone to go get fue , but Im not going to let someone make people think fue is fue wherever you go.

Yes the procedure looks the same but talent is the main factor when it comes to the doctor.

Could Michael Jordan out put Tiger since they both golf?

I just saying do your homework and if you MUST go the fue route I have a good idea where you can start.

Some guys refuse the strip scar and are going to get work done no matter how hard we try to talk them out of it.

You know why,because its their life and their baldness that is making them miserable

Tommyboy has basically said every clinic performing fue are the same .

Thats not true . Even if the pics were deceiving from the two clinic above the work still look 100% better then the other clinics deceiving pics.

Yep. Also, FUE yield gets compromised by some combo of patient physiology, the forces of the FUE procedure itself, and the skill of the doctor. This makes the FUE yield radically more variable than strip.

However, optimal tools can be used, greater (and greater) surgical skill can be honed, and ethics (i.e. transparency w/ patient on aforesaid variables)) can be harnessed. Generally speaking, FUE is radically less consistent, more limited, and wrought with fundamental problems; but, savvy and legitimate clinics like Bisanga, Feller, Shapiro can be honest about this, take the aforementioned into deep consideration, and make FUE a very viable procedure for people.

Over time, the variables will only get mastered to a higher level -- showing once again that it is the specific doctor2patient that ultimately matters more than generalized flaws (or attributes) of a given procedure.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I understand clinics can sometimes make decieving pics but how many in a row can you put out there that look great and are decieving at the same time? I've seen about 20 or more grown out Fue results from bisanga and they looked awsome.

lost my swagger: I was agreeing with your first statement.. your second one I agree for the most part though...

Please Grow Please: okay, you still aren't following what I'm saying and that's okay - maybe it's my fault and I'm not providing good examples. That's okay, I'll explain again as it's important you and maybe other follow what I'm saying:

First of all, I do confirm that I said "Dr Bisanga follicle survival rate is no different than any other FUE doctor." And I most certainly believe this within the context that I'm speaking. Remember, I'm talking about the survival ranges and boundaries and not referring to ability....

My comment is more on a scientific level. Let's look again at the ranges I wrote:

Strip doctors' follicle survival rate = 90-99% (this is what I believe)

FUE doctors' follicle survival rate = 25-80% (this is what I believe)

I believe that all quality doctors fall within the above ranges when they do transplants, no matter who they are. Sure a percentage of quality doctors will maintain higher follicle survival rates than other quality doctors, however, at the end of the day they are all working within the range that is possible as of today's technology.

Success rate chart example:

* total patients for each FUE doctor = 100

** percentage represents follicle survival rate

Doctor 1 - 80 patients at 70%, 10 patients at 50%, 8 patients at 35% and 2 patients at 80%

Doctor 2 - 65 patients at 75%, 25 patients at 65%, 5 patients at 55% and 5 patients at 27%

Doctor 3 - 83 patients at 77%, 14 patients at 70%, 2 patients at 74% and 1 patients at 25%

If you look at the above 3 doctors, doctor # 3 by far has the best results but not one doctor came up and beyond the range that I'm talking about. With almost everything regarding procedures there is a range.

Sure bad doctor patients might fall below the range and the occasional might raise above. But, lows and highs are usually not considered in any study because they aren't reliable - there may be other factors why the results were exceptionally low or high.. because of that we can only conclude based on the results within the range.

The importance of knowing the survival range for both the strip and FUE is not to help us select a doctor but instead to help us decide which procedure is better based on risk and reward.

I hope that explains my comment in more detail.

pmill: I've seen only photos on Dr. Bisanga's website so my comment is limited to that. Based on the photos I have to say that I dislike a few. When the photos are small they all look good, but, when I opened them up I didn't like a few of the hairlines. Maybe it's just me... Of course there were a few that did look very nice and one that I especially liked. Again, I can't provide a proper view as I haven't meet any of the patients. I think I would have to meet a patient to comment ethically.

Hair_boy: I just read most of your thread that is now closed.

I am not trying to be mean or condescending here but I sincerely believe you are not a good candidate for an HT.

You are not mentally ready for one IMHO.

You trashed two seasoned HT surgeons who gave you information relative to your concerns. (IMHO, these two surgeons are honest decent men from my reading up on them over the years. They are not the type of surgeons who are out to decieve you just to make a buck IMHO.)

Every now and then we see posters who are somewhat overly skeptical about HT's. That's ok (and a good thing) but you go way too far IMHO.

In fact, you go so far that you give the impression that, relative to getting an HT, you are in an unfavorable state mentally in your quest to determine which doctors to go to and which procedures you should go with.

HT's are not perfect and there are definitely variables that cannot be nailed down with one hundred percent perfection.

Until you realize that, (i.e., on a more realistic basis), you should not get an HT IMHO.

I don't mean this in a condescending way because I DO understand your concerns. But you are too suspicious and untrusting right now to go forward with an HT IMHO.

Do you know how hard it is to see several patients of any doctor in person.

Your lucky if you get to meet two

You bet it's hard. But it is neccessary . You need to spend at least a good year or so getting in contact with past patients. It's not impossible since I did it. In my opinion if one does not do so than they are not doing themselves justice in there research and should not get a ht. This is elective surgery so what's the rush?

please grow please i just checked that link and saw even more Fue pics that I've never seen before and again im blown away and how good they look.

Hairboy, where did you get all these numbers from with all these percentages?i dont agree with them at all,if i had to make numbers i would put all the great fue docs at(bisanga,feller,woods,etc) at least 80%-95% and the the ones that nobody has heard of way below that percentage,I beileve it's all about the "DR" and "his SKILL" with Fue, one of your percentages showed that DR #3 did ok on his first 2 procedures then got a 25% on his 3rd.I dont see theses doctors i mentioned getting 25% or even near that on any patient because theyre would be complaints EVERYWHERE.

hair boy-also check out this link at his Fue results ,the crown one looks real good as do the others. http://www.hairsite.com/dr-bis...-hair-transplant.htm

I got to agree with PGP on quality of Dr Bisanga as I have seen all his published work, and photos are of good clarity as far as I can tell and have only heard good reports about him.It is painfully obvious when it comes down to it the best FUE docs give a much better yield than others.These mathematical equations on estimated percentages look great but they cant be checked for certainty just guessed.It is much easier for one to look in the mirror and see how good or bad your new hair looks after 12/18 months to decide how much growth you got and then sing his praises or slag his work off.Dr B has alot of happy customers and that is a good sign.He will be on my shortlist when i get my next FUE HT along with a few SELECT others.Keep up the good work BHR.

HT 2006/7

Every now and then we see posters who are somewhat overly skeptical about HT's. That's ok (and a good thing) but you go way too far IMHO.

ive got to disagree here.... its crazy to me that so many dont quite realize the 'promises made vs. results delivered' when it comes to hair transplantation... i dont care WHO the doc is.... im skeptical as hell of the industry and guess what.. apart from on side of my scar stretching i got a decent HT.... i have hair up front now, where i would otherwise be bald today..however ive got a whole HOST of future(and some current)issues with it as well,as a result of my HTs. things i was NEVER informed of til it was to late to make a better longterm decision. now i dont play a victim and i accept resposibility for this but posters comming here to inform of the REALITIES and LIMITATIONS cross no lines and do not go to far..... should we all instead encourage every SUFFERER to just jump on in and go for it cause a handful of docs in the WORLD produce decent results MOST the time.. not all the time.. HTS ARE DANGEROUS, AND THEY ARE RISKY NO MATTER WHAT DR YOU GO TO... THIS FACT SHOULD BE KNOWN BY ALL CONSIDERING IT.... its not. by many who never find these forums online, but IMO its not even known by all that DO find these forums.... they are still sold, on cherry picked pictures. and the idea that HTs can actually fix THEIR hairloss. clinging to hope that their result can be what a small % have been..***results may vary***.. talk about an understatment

should we all know HTs come with ZERO gurarantees??? yes... do we?? no.... so when people like myself who have been there say this shit is SERIOUS,and you better be DAMN sure you know what your in for because it will be a LONG TERM FIGHT AGAINST YOUR HAIRLOSS REGARDLESS OF WHAT ROUTE YOU TAKE. people should listen. cause its truth......

there is a common thought process on these online forums that "as long as you go to a TOP DOC you will be just fine".... its FALSE... you only better your chances of being satisfied... that is until you require future work later on

PGP-- i agree that not all FUE clinic are the same also

Franklin---- i 100% agree with your post above.

Please grow please: again I don't care about Dr Bisanga's results - it's just not part of what I was saying.

Old Baldy: you know any doctor that pulls a bait and switch and apologizes for publishing misleading information online directly to his patients, deserves to have the story told online. And just because someone has done great things in the past doesn't excuse bad behavior now !!!

I think it's great for everyone to see a bit behind the scenes as I've pointed out.

And yes, you are mostly 100% correct that I'm not completely quite ready to get a HT. But then if you read all the threads you would know this because I said so... I'm really close but because of all the misleading and dishonest marketing by the doctors, I did have to take one step back to rethink which procedure is right for me. This might take a few weeks but I surely am not going to jump in a chair until I feel completely comfortable.

I suppose in a way, finding out about all the dishonestly by the doctors even on a ethical marketing level is good, because, it helps provide a clear view to make a more concrete decision one will be happy with.

pmill: as mentioned the numbers are just an example, I do believe the FUE risk range is about dead on from what I've seen. Now I'm not talking about 100% of the results - it just represents there is a high degree of risk of having poor results with FUE over strip and nothing more. It doesn't mean a doctor can't achieve an 80% follicle survival rate but instead represents that they will do so less often with a higher chance of low results.

Also, you are taking the doctor example as actual doctors - note that was only an example to explain how ranges work on a scientific level.. If you do a search on Dr. Armani within these forums you will find a minimum of 3 patients who are said to have results in the 25% range. And do I believe this - absolutely 100%.

I would think if the average top doctor was able to perform 100 FUE procedures per year.. I would think at least a few would experience a 25%-30% follicle survival rate. If you don't think they are out there you must not be looking at some of the same blogs I've seen. I've see a lot of blogs where people have transplanted high number of grafts and when you look at their results I can only wonder where the hair is...

Also, what would you do if you did a procedure for let's say 3000 grafts and your survival rate was around 30%. Would you automatically go on these forums... absolutely not.. the first thing you would do is visit the doctor's office where you had it done. After all, a 3000 graft procedure is expensive and people are more concerned about recouping losses by getting a touch-up than spreading the word. And I think that's fair considering how we were raised.

Don't think I'm saying that the doctors are out to get us. There is absolutely no mistake that the doctors do want every patient of heir's to have enough hair to look like rock stars. After all, if that happens they become one. So even the worst doctor will do everything in their power to provide the best results possible. Rule of thumb - find the best doctor...

T.C. : you are correct the top FUE doctors do have the best results - that's the same with everything.... the best cooks make the best tasting food. However no matter a doctor's skill doesn't change risk. Sure it may curb highs and lows but the risk still remains and I think that risk should be highlighted.

I think it would be fair to say to all patients: if you are interested in strip - you can expect about a 90% follicle survival rate with a fairly good degree of certainty and a scar running from ear to ear. And if you are interested in FUE you can expect an 75% follicle survival rate, however there is a higher degree of risk. Some patients do experience low growth in certain areas and this isn't uncommon.

Lost my swagger: awesome post !! I love this part " there is a common thought process on these online forums that "as long as you go to a TOP DOC you will be just fine".... its FALSE... you only better your chances of being satisfied..."

hairboy i agree with some of the things your saying,but im not talkin about armani,everybody knows he messed people up,your saying you dont care about bisanag but this is why i started this whole thread asking about what people think of his work or if there were any patients of his that cared to fill me in.when i started this thread i asked about hdc and bhr( bisanga) you said you didnt know much about him..now that we have provided you with links and information did you look into it? what do you think about his work?theres about 20 or more fue pics which is more then any other doctor i've seen,PGP says he's seen one of his patients,it just seems like your jumping off subject.

My recommendation to anyone that can't wait. Go with fue, and have no more then 500 done in an area where it will not stand out. If you decide it's not what you expected then there is no harm done and the cost is minimal.

Telling about your experiences is also very useful to other repair and prospective patients. The problem is when the truth is very negative some of the sites tend to delete or ban the posters. This makes it difficult to get a balanced view from the forums. This is just my opinion and I could be 100% wrong.

you're correct I was off topic..

I think it's hard to answer your question because you are trying to decide between two different HT centers rather than between two HT doctors. For this reason it's impossible for me to say.

Based on the photos from both centers they seem very similar and based on the photos both appear to do good work.

I think when trying to decide between the top doctors it has to be a personal choice. For example, I might select a doctor because I believe they have a bit more experience with temple work... or maybe because they don't try to over density areas however still maintain a proper denseness which would be satisfactory to myself. It's all a personal thing... I think as long as you follow the 3 rule process your decision will be the right one for you, 1. select a doctor that has maintained good results that you like, 2. talk to those patients, and 3. meet those patients.

I mean, what more can you really do...

Topcat611: I think your suggestion is more so for someone who is interested in FUE and doesn't want to jump in with both feet.

I personally believe that if a person can't decide between procedures or doctors then they should absolutely not get a HT yet. They should wait a bit, research more and the clear path will come once they understand all options to a level that satisfies them. Waiting doesn't mean months or years... it just means: kick back, call a few more doctors, talk to a few more patients and before you know it, the right decision will be right in front of you.

pmill : no brainer there - who wouldn't want to have great hair like that!

pmill: regarding those links again - personally, I prefer to look at people that are completely bald and how they look after. It give a much more realistic look at the quality of work performed.... after all, we don't know if part of the good results had something to do with a just started regiment of drugs the patient went on... could be part of the 'good results' factor. I'm not being negative - just trying to see it from all angles.

Originally posted by lost my swagger:

ive got to disagree here.... its crazy to me that so many dont quite realize the 'promises made vs. results delivered' when it comes to hair transplantation... i dont care WHO the doc is.... im skeptical as hell of the industry and guess what.. apart from on side of my scar stretching i got a decent HT.... i have hair up front now, where i would otherwise be bald today..however ive got a whole HOST of future(and some current)issues with it as well,as a result of my HTs. things i was NEVER informed of til it was to late to make a better longterm decision. now i dont play a victim and i accept resposibility for this but posters comming here to inform of the REALITIES and LIMITATIONS cross no lines and do not go to far..... should we all instead encourage every SUFFERER to just jump on in and go for it cause a handful of docs in the WORLD produce decent results MOST the time.. not all the time.. HTS ARE DANGEROUS, AND THEY ARE RISKY NO MATTER WHAT DR YOU GO TO... THIS FACT SHOULD BE KNOWN BY ALL CONSIDERING IT.... its not. by many who never find these forums online, but IMO its not even known by all that DO find these forums.... they are still sold, on cherry picked pictures. and the idea that HTs can actually fix THEIR hairloss. clinging to hope that their result can be what a small % have been..***results may vary***.. talk about an understatment

should we all know HTs come with ZERO gurarantees??? yes... do we?? no.... so when people like myself who have been there say this shit is SERIOUS,and you better be DAMN sure you know what your in for because it will be a LONG TERM FIGHT AGAINST YOUR HAIRLOSS REGARDLESS OF WHAT ROUTE YOU TAKE. people should listen. cause its truth......

there is a common thought process on these online forums that "as long as you go to a TOP DOC you will be just fine".... its FALSE... you only better your chances of being satisfied... that is until you require future work later on

PGP-- i agree that not all FUE clinic are the same also

Franklin---- i 100% agree with your post above.

I have no problem with what you are saying LMS.

It's when a member is at a point mentally where, overall, he/she doesn't trust HT doctors as a whole, then I suggest they don't get an HT.

Obviously there are shenanigans going on in this industry and people should be aware of the BS.

That was not my point with hair_boy. He appeared to feel the HT industry, as a whole, was full of dishonest, disreputable people. If that is how someone feels then they shouldn't get an HT IMHO.

I don't think Dr. Feller and Dr. Rassman are disreputable and people should listen to them when it comes to their comments on HT's.

If someone feels those two doctors are quacks/liars, etc., they shouldn't ever get an HT IMHO. Those two doctors know their stuff and have been doing it for a long time.

You have to eventually accept/believe something from someone LMS or forget about getting an HT.