Eugenix is saying to avoid Beard Grafts in central part of crown

Video is in Hindi, but at the 6:15 minute mark, you can see they're saying that one should avoid using beard hair in the central part of the crown.  That's quite interesting, I would have thought that the crown is one of the better places for beard hair in general.

Edited by Fue3361

Check out my journey here:

• Fue3361 changed the title to Eugenix is saying to avoid Beard Grafts in central part of crown

I think the reason is because the central whorl pattern that needs to be recreated is not a suitable fit for coarse beard hair that may twist in a different direction when grown out and not be as malleable as scalp hair to style. 

Personally i think using beard hair in the peripheral areas just outside the recreated whorl is best because it can add density but not make it look weird if the whorl looks "off" if that makes sense. 

2 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Personally i think using beard hair in the peripheral areas just outside the recreated whorl is best because it can add density but not make it look weird if the whorl looks "off" if that makes sense. 

Outside the whirl is arguably the mid-section area of the head, at least in the forward facing direction. I think anybody wanting to use beard grafts should let their beard grow out for at least 6 months, if not a year, to see how it curls and kinks at various lengths. Most guys shave or trim to stay below a few months growth length and never get to really know what they're dealing with. Moustache wax exists for a reason, and its for more than holding neat twists at the edges of moustaches .  

1 hour ago, Westview said:

I would listen to their advice and avoid any clinic who says otherwise, because Eugenix's results are excellent

The video linked by the original poster is from Eugenix. I don't speak Hindu and I'm guessing he doesn't either. 

If you look at the 6:15 mark he references below, and then about 15 seconds later the next marked photo with english, it indicates the beard hair is best placed in the midscalp where it will blend the best, instead of the central crown. Which makes sense. 

image.thumb.png.12abaf852c3e5b557b202f3e5df50a75.png

image.thumb.png.8fe27474e2a01b4bc8d02d0cebf260f5.png

Edited by ciaus
  • Like 2

There is actually a post on this forum - its a few months old at least, where a guy got beard grafts in the crown. The density and coverage looked excellent, but the texture looked totally different and conspicuous. 

Body hair should not be used on the crown unless someone is in a desperate donor situation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

There is actually a post on this forum - its a few months old at least, where a guy got beard grafts in the crown. The density and coverage looked excellent, but the texture looked totally different and conspicuous. 

Body hair should not be used on the crown unless someone is in a desperate donor situation. 

Are you talking about the Indian looking gentleman who was botched and trying to get it repaired? Hate to say it but he got a really bad result with BHT. The hair looked like it was growing straight up vertically from his scalp. 

I think a lot of it also comes down to how closely your beard hair matches your scalp hair, and in the case mentioned above it didn't seem to be a good match at all. People like Melvin with a beard that grows straight and not stringy is a better candidate I think regardless of where the hair gets put into. I think it also probably matters a lot how many grafts of BH are being used. If you have to use a bunch it's going to look weird, but if it's interspersed with scalp hair I think it would blend in better. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Are you talking about the Indian looking gentleman who was botched and trying to get it repaired?

yea I think that's the guy. 

I think he visited Konior on a Saturday a few months ago for a minor 300 graft test to help improve his appearance, or something along those lines. Not sure what his gameplan is. 

I don't really recall the post that well, but yep I believe its the same guy you are thinking of. 

That’s me. I’m desperately trying to find a solution. I’m puzzled by those Eugenix videos. Were they posted after the procedure on me or before?

If you look at Melvin’s procedure, comparatively, it was the exact same coverage as me, but got the red carpet and his was a home run. I’m very happy for him, but the differences are clear as day. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Also, Eugenix did use 300 scalp hairs in the central whirl on me. So Dr. Bansal did respect that scalp hairs should be used in the direct center. Unfortunately, the beard hairs are in super close proximity and not far away enough from the critical areas where directionality and ability to blend/lay flat is critical. Also 300 is a small number. I think the worst part is that implantation was done on an island by itself, with about an inch or inch and a half of weak native hairs surrounding in a ring. It looks really odd. I would have much rather had them build the outer ring and close up the circle, while maintaining some weakness dead in the center to resemble a natural balding pattern for a man my age. Hope you can all learn from the mistakes that were made on me. 

• Like 1

Beard hair works best in the midscalp in larger quantities due to its nature. It has a shorter Anagen phase and takes on different characteristics than your scalp hair. The reason why it works best in the midscalp is because you are looking at it from above rather than front on where you will notice irregularities and differences will become more apparent.

In my opinion beard hair can still work in the crown but it’s a delicate practice and rare skill only found In few doctors.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022