New hairline with a drug?

Thegreatdane

11 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

It depends on how well you respond to 5ari’s and how you define where you hairline is? All the best.

What is 5ari’s?

Also my hairline has receded somewhat fast.

i attached a pic that was taken in march 2019, and i think that my hairline back then was fine because i could have my hair slick back without any problems.

There were of course some minor recession but it was managable back then for me, now it’s not. Everytime i do my hair, i have to pull the hair all the way to the right side to cover the temple and it’s a struggle! A real struggle. I usually spend an hour trying to get every little hair right. 

42B26D85-A1E2-4CDA-BE43-A7E4AB16B7DE.jpeg

I have seen examples on Reddit (r/tressless) where guys have fully regrown their hair back to a NW1, whether thru Fin or an alternative treatment such as microneedling. 

However, all these examples are from really young dudes, they start treatment ASAP the moment they notice MPB, and their MPB was never that bad to begin with. 

Unless you are a 22 yr old NW2 I think this ship has sailed. 

Your MPB is too significant and has been going on for too long for alternative treatments to give you back full restoration. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1

You will never know unless you try it.

Regrowth is generally quite rare unless someone catches MPB early on.

First you've gotta try and stop the rot with meds, then consider a small HT to the hairline.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

The answer is: unlikely 

you need to try treatment and give it a year at least. Best thing you can do is start finasteride, give it 1 year and see what it’s done for you. You will likely maintain what you have and potentially regrow a small amount, but it’s unlikely it will restore a full hairline. 

If after a year you want to push for more regrowth, then I would add minoxidil in as welll, either topically or Orally; topically safer with less efficacy, oral more efficacy and maybe some slight concern for increased sides but not my experience anyway after 2 years on. 

Finally, it looks like we’ll have the addition of pyrulatimide soon which is a topical Anti androgen, and works in a different mechanism to fin, which can be a great add on to the regimen 

• Like 1

The front is usually the first hair to go for alot of guys, and the hardest to maintain even with finasteride. That's not to say all hope is lost, since you've lost it fairly recently you might get some re-growth. But even if you don't, hair loss is a lifelong battle over more than just the front of your head. You need to make some far-reaching decisions on whether you are going to accept the loss or do something about it. Alot of guys, even those of us taking finasteride, still often get hair transplants to address the frontal area while the finasteride helps protect the more resilient hair in the middle and crown areas in the back.   

12 months of finasteride will let you know where you stand, and it will help strengthen your existing vulnerable hairs to better survive the surgery traumas if you do get hair transplants.

Edited by ciaus
  • Like 1