Dr. Resul Yaman/ September 2022/ 4550 FUE Grafts

StillAlive

1 hour ago, StillAlive said:

Maybe in a few years time. I'm going to grow my hair semi long now and I'm curious to see how it's gonna look. If I like it, even though objectively imperfect, I'll leave it. I'm old after all, married with kids, bought the farm, got hit by the truck, you name it :D

As long as I like the dude in the mirror, I'm good with one!

Thank you for sharing your journey with us, appreciate it.

Edited by Scree
  • Like 1

Hey man, this is very random but I've been scouring the forums of late, having decided that the receding has become a little more noticable. Wearing headbands onstage and when I go to the gym... Just turning 41... Its about time I made the move.

I am still VERY MUCH on the "putting out feelers" stage, but I read your post on your chosen surgeon and saw you went for him. Your hairloss is VERY different to mine and so we are in different places as far as expectation and how densely i can pack an area (Im essentially a 1 and 2ish hairloss), but I have always had a high forehead (a five head, if you will) and its about time I went for it.

Again, im not decided, but i came across your posts and just wanted to say that, considering the loss and the non use of fin etc I think its looking great. I'd start to just relax and enjoy it, at this point, if I were you.

If you'd shown yourself a picture of your hair NOW to yourself BEFORE you had it done, you'd be crying with joy!

Good luck with it all.

• Like 1

Many thanks man, I greatly appreciate the kind words -and I'm actually at that stage :)

There's always an adjustment between wild expectations and that whole 'I'm the Chosen One who'll get the 200% Miracle Transplant' thing and the actual reality of getting an age appropriate illusion of density going, but I'm quite satisfied at the moment. 

Wishing you all the best with your hair, from your avatar, you look fantastic for your age, I wouldn't even consider a transplant if I were you!

1 minute ago, StillAlive said:

Many thanks man, I greatly appreciate the kind words -and I'm actually at that stage :)

There's always an adjustment between wild expectations and that whole 'I'm the Chosen One who'll get the 200% Miracle Transplant' thing and the actual reality of getting an age appropriate illusion of density going, but I'm quite satisfied at the moment. 

Wishing you all the best with your hair, from your avatar, you look fantastic for your age, I wouldn't even consider a transplant if I were you!

Mostly, I just want a few days in Istanbul 🤣

Ive actually been away from this site for about 7 years! I just looked at my avatar and it's possible that I may only have slightly receded since then... But, I'll upload some more recent stuff and get opinions.

Originally I went to feriundi (i hope I'm spelling that correctly) around 3 years ago and he said it wasnt needed. I emailed on my birthday THIS YEAR and it was around 12,000 euros... So, it seemed a little excessive. I have always worn my hair forward and very long, so its mostly just my own paranoia that makes me want to get it done... and, ya know, we live with these feelings and self loathing for our whole lives... if we can do something, why wouldnt we?!

• Haha 1

I hear you. The only risk when it comes to cases with minimal loss such as yours, is that you really need a world-class surgeon to do a great job of taking you from 80% to 100%. Cases like mine are easier, because we essentially grow hair where we had none before and it's a huge cosmetic change to have our faces reframed after years living as our Smeagol selves.

If you've got the money for it and are aware of potential risks, do what will give you the most peace of mind. 

• Administrators
On 7/7/2023 at 5:38 AM, StillAlive said:

Bonus comparison shot of what it used to look like a year ago vs. now. (June 2022 vs June 2023)

1Year.jpg

That’s a huge difference wow 🤩 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

Not that any big changes are expected, but here is the 11th month update, brothers.

I still feel a lot of hard stubble in my mid scalp and crown and still get this nice, warm, 'blood flowing in the scalp' sensation every day. It could always of course be my high blood pressure from the terrors of child rearing and being murdered by the wife 24/7. 

The worst bald head in my family tree -whom of course I take after- was a NW5 at around 55-60 and died NW6 at over 80 years of age. I think that all of my native hair in the NW5 region succumbed to shock loss post op and what I have in the front-vertex is now just the transplanted hairs. If that's the head of hair I rock at 60, sign me up, I'm a happy man. 

I'll be posting a final update on the 12 month mark and then revisit the thread in case some weird-late-growth miracle happens in my mid-scalp or crown. I believe that Dr. Yaman is a great VfM choice. No miracles but solid handiwork overall. It's important to keep expectations and individual circumstances in check. 

A big 'thank you' goes out to the community, sharing knowledge and assisting thousands of male brothers in our daily struggle against this foul and unfair balding plague. 

PS I'm on my Saw Palmetto/Rosemary Extract regime and I notice zero to minimal shedding. Of course, I am old (over 40) and I do believe that I've lost all of my native hair in the NW5 region so that could be it, but if the herbs contribute even a little to maintenance, I want that knowledge to be out there. 

Month 11-1.jpg

Month 11-2.jpg

Month 11-3.jpg

Month 11-4.jpg

Month 11-5.jpg

Month 11-6.jpg

Month 11-7.jpg

Month 11-8.jpg

Month 11-9.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 11:29 AM, StillAlive said:

Not that any big changes are expected, but here is the 11th month update, brothers.

I still feel a lot of hard stubble in my mid scalp and crown and still get this nice, warm, 'blood flowing in the scalp' sensation every day. It could always of course be my high blood pressure from the terrors of child rearing and being murdered by the wife 24/7. 

The worst bald head in my family tree -whom of course I take after- was a NW5 at around 55-60 and died NW6 at over 80 years of age. I think that all of my native hair in the NW5 region succumbed to shock loss post op and what I have in the front-vertex is now just the transplanted hairs. If that's the head of hair I rock at 60, sign me up, I'm a happy man. 

I'll be posting a final update on the 12 month mark and then revisit the thread in case some weird-late-growth miracle happens in my mid-scalp or crown. I believe that Dr. Yaman is a great VfM choice. No miracles but solid handiwork overall. It's important to keep expectations and individual circumstances in check. 

A big 'thank you' goes out to the community, sharing knowledge and assisting thousands of male brothers in our daily struggle against this foul and unfair balding plague. 

PS I'm on my Saw Palmetto/Rosemary Extract regime and I notice zero to minimal shedding. Of course, I am old (over 40) and I do believe that I've lost all of my native hair in the NW5 region so that could be it, but if the herbs contribute even a little to maintenance, I want that knowledge to be out there. 

Month 11-1.jpg

Month 11-2.jpg

Month 11-3.jpg

Month 11-4.jpg

Month 11-5.jpg

Month 11-6.jpg

Month 11-7.jpg

Month 11-8.jpg

Month 11-9.jpg

Great result...Really natural. Dr Yaman is a really good choice in Turkey at a decent price. Best value for money option i think.

Edited by Gramatik
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It seems incredible that it's been a year to the day when I entered Dr. Yaman's clinic. Full of hope, just a touch of anxiety and this mad anticipation of a tiny follicular miracle. I'm absolutely loving my final result and I'd like to share a few random thoughts, as I do my final tally: 

-An HT is not a magical life-hack. Your self confidence is built by overcoming adversity, time and again. It does not magically sprout with hair follicles, nor does it go away once you are shorn. That being said, the cosmetic result is SIGNIFICANT and reconciles the image of you in your head with the one you see in the mirror. Absolutely priceless effect for the dedicated, career narcissist.

-The wife will continue nagging that you should have bought her a car or a vacuum cleaner instead. You are just supposed to be an extra nobody in her picture. The slave raising up a mohawk is a worrisome sign indeed.

-At the time of this writing, I'm fortunately 'hair greed' free. I know that if I added another 2K grafts the overall result would most likely turn into concrete, but I really don't feel like I want it right now. Having and recovering from an HT is no small thing. Particularly in my case, where my hair needs to grow out to at least 10 cm so that I don't look like I just escaped from a mental asylum. I just might go in ten years time to sample whatever HT method is de rigeur at the time. 

-Dr. Yaman did an excellent job of turning me from a sad, withered NW5 into a charming leading man. I was an easy case though. If I were to do a second pass for density (not a repair) I would look at more doctors and focus on ones showing many successful cases of 2nd/density passes. 

-One of the major benefits of an HT is watching old enemies and past lovers turn twenty shades of green with envy, trying to figure out what kind of dark voodoo you've got going on.

Hair is an amazing gift of self-care, as long as you keep your expectations in check, understand what is feasible and what is not and knowing how to live happily ever after with yourself.

Wishing you all amazing hair!

Month 12-1.jpg

Month 12-2.jpg

Month 12-3.jpg

Month 12-4.jpg

Month 12-5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

@StillAlive

The real success of a surgery is when the patient is happy and good to see that you are happy and nothing matter more thn that...this is a significant cosmetic change...you can use hair fibres to make it look more dense ...congratulations and have a happy life ahead ...enjoy your new look...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Administrators

Looks like a great improvement 👏🏼CCE71981-43FA-47B5-9F40-D80F0541BBE9.jpeg

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 6 months later...

Bonus post as I was recently tagged in a different thread. I continued experiencing thickening and filling of the midscalp and crown well past the 12 month mark.

I am attaching some pics from Month 16 and it actually looks even better now.

File under 'late grower success story' :)

20231221_104046.jpg

20231221_104054.jpg

20231221_104048.jpg

• Like 3
  • Confused 1