Dr. Resul Yaman/ September 2022/ 4550 FUE Grafts

StillAlive

Greetings to my brothers-in-follicular arms!

Finally, after wrestling for over 10 years with an abject terror of flash photography, wind, water, mirrors and about 80% of natural lighting situations, I got my hair fixed. The community forums, both international and local were instrumental in me building up my confidence and jumping on a plane to get my face back. 

It was so, so worth it. If you are on the fence about it, do it, it will be one of the greatest gifts you ever give yourself.

TL;DR Version for People Who Believe 150 Characters Are Too Many :

950 Singles

2150 doubles

1450 multiples.

We put 2500 grafts in Zone A at 45FU/cm2 density, 1000 in midscalp with about 40FU/cm2 density and 1000 in the crown with 25 FU/cm2 density as I still had a lot of healthy, strong hair in that area.

In total, 4550 grafts were done in a single day, we started at 8:30AM and I left the clinic at approximately 19:30 hours. Everything went as smoothly as possible. No pain, no swelling, no itching. Clean work, through and through. I visited the cleaning again on the following day to have my bandage removed and my first hair wash. The aftercare routine is quite easy to follow and no, your head is not made of glass, it's cool to touch it, as long as you are careful and follow your doctor's guidelines. You can even do it all yourself though it's always good to have a partner around to help you with things. We had some excellent Turkish coffee afterward, spoke with an Italian brother-in-arms who also got his procedure done the same day as I -Dr. Yaman will do a max of two procedures per day. We got our post operative medications and instructions and decamped to the hotel to feast on room service and grow in peace. The experience of seeing my real face in the mirror, framed, after more than a decade of pretending to be cool with my sad balding, was like confidence kerosene to me.

Now on to the literary, Dostoyevsky-fan version of the experience.

My Backstory/Ex Prettyboy Chromedome Blues : I had made it to the ripe old age of 38 as a really thick NW3. I was not even considering hair restoration at that point as my self-image was perfectly acceptable. I had this 'charming and mature loss' that I was cool with. No see-through terrors, just single malt whisky commercial ready. I was using Nizoral 2% shampoo and a variety of multi-vitamins mainly for the placebo effect. I stopped Nizoral and the vits and went through ten kinds of personal hell between 38-40 resulting in my fancy NW3 degrading into a heavily depleted NW4. I was pathetically attempting to comb over (see photos) it but it was impossible to ignore the terrible reality (see more photos). I had to take drastic action.

FrontalCombover.thumb.jpg.96d61b04d789147966cb39973448e2b1.jpg

FrontalUglyTruth.thumb.jpg.5dab6fc498ef5c821ecb6fa06009ff3f.jpg

PanoramicCombover.thumb.jpg.63886b0ca8be7faee6f4cc2e841b6d61.jpg

SideTruth.thumb.jpg.e8a1954793d148a0018d9d7c45a853ad.jpg

Why I chose Dr. Yaman I chose Yaman because he was the most highly regarded doctor that I could afford. Numerous recommendations and patient success stories both here and in my local Greek forum gave me great confidence in him. The confluence was perfect and it was a now or never type of situation for me. I took the plunge and I'm so glad that I did.

Communication with the clinic was easily handled via WhatsApp. We booked the dates and I got what I believe to be their standard package :

3250 euros for 3500-4000 grafts that were originally estimated online, with any extras needed also being included in the price.
Also included were all transports (Airport-Hotel-Clinic) and three nights at an excellent 5* hotel. The doctor draws your hairline, gives you an estimate on grafts needed and performs your incisions and channel opening. A team of technicians handles extraction and implanting, with Dr. Yaman regularly checking in on them and overseeing the process. He has a strict limit of only 2 patients per day, so you always feel like you are being well taken care of. The price also included all post-op medications, a PRP injection before the procedure and finasteride/minoxidil/saw palmetto supplies for 6 months (depending on your preference). I had made it very clear that I had no intention of using fin or minox and the doctor was absolutely cool with it, did not attempt to pressure me into anything, as long as I understood the pros and cons. 

Dr. Yaman exudes an air of confidence, he knows what he's doing, has been doing it for a long time and knows that he's good at it. I got a feeling that he specializes in NW4-5 cases that need heavy coverage. I have no idea how he would go about handling a more delicate or 'artistic' case where someone might want to turn a NW2 into a natural-looking NW1 or someone wanting to lower their already good hairline, but for my needs, wanting to look like my real self again, he was perfect. I also approached the surgery with a very nonchalant attitude, I had been obsessing over this for over a decade, studied hundreds if not thousands of cases, so I was always aware of what was going on, I didn't feel insecure or the need to ask about every little thing. Depending on how stressed out you tend to get, your mileage may vary.

The doctor drew the hairline and told me I'd need 2500 grafts for Zone A, with an average density of 45 FU/Cm2, 1000 in the midscalp with average density of 40 FU/cm2 and 1000 in the crown with an average density of 25 FU/cm2 as I still had quite a lot of good and healthy hair left in the area. They drew some of my blood to prepare the PRP and took me to a separate room to get pre-op photos and shave my head.

Hot Tip for Balding Ex Playboys : Do not fear the headshave. Seriously. It is hugely liberating. I was terrified of the concept of it and as a result, spent years combing over my pathetic wispy hair. As soon as those wisps were on the floor and I was staring at my tough-guy bald pate, I was like 'Damn, I should have done that YEARS ago. So don't write-off shaving your head until you've tried it at least once. You may be very surprised. Check it out:

20220906_092848.thumb.jpg.cf0a8db0dc756c6b7ae25f3e8295ee4b.jpg

We then went to the op room, where I got my anesthetic injections. These are not pleasant, as you get stung perimetrically around the skull around 10-15 times, the needle goes deep and the xylocaine pouring in stings. The pain only lasts a minute though and is quite tolerable. The channel opening is quite pleasant, you just hear a light scratch-scratch sound like someone rubbing their hand against stubble. The doctor has a great sense of humor and we had some back and forth that also made it on their Instagram stories of the day during this phase. Channel opening lasted about an hour and was quite comfortable.

After that, comes the hardest part : extraction. You have to lay face down on the massage bed, so your lower lip will kind of scrunch up against your teeth and your forehead will pull against the perforated hairline. The anesthetic injections are the worst, because they go lower on your scalp and close to the spine. Only stage when I had to grip the bed. Again, these last for a minute or two at most. Extraction itself was painless (done by a mix of micro-motor and manual) but uncomfortable as the technicians will be pressing your head in different directions. When you are face down it's pretty exhausting. Turning on your side is definitely better and I tried hard to zone out and sleep but I just couldn't. I did get to check out my artful bleeding and hair follicles being carefully placed in petri dishes prepared with hypothermosol so if you are itching to live the 'plastic surgery in Colombia and on the run' dream, you can check it off your bucket list :D Extraction lasted about 4 hours and I considered it the heaviest part of the process, the one that required the most fortitude.

I was bandaged and we had a short break for lunch. I got some dead-honest chicken souvlakia with rice and carrot/cabbage salad which got me all misty eyed, as it reminded me of the soul-saving lunches I used to have back when I was working in a slave-pit corp in the middle of nowhere. My single joy in those dark times, was taking a lunch break for wine and souvlakia in a fantastic truck stop. There, I could resent my colleagues and above all myself for working there, in peace.

Finally, it was on to the implantation phase. That was the easiest stage of them all. Even the anesthesia hurt very little, compared to the previous ones. I got to sit/recline while the techs proceeded with implantation. Got to acquaint myself with a lot of Turkish folk/pop musicwhich was a nice local touch!

We finished rather late (around 19:30), they bandaged me up, uploaded a bunch of super fun stuff on Instagram and I went off to the hotel to relax. There was zero pain, itching or swelling, I felt pretty grand. We proceeded to act like giddy teenagers with my brother who had come along for the adventure -if you can, always bring a trusted ally with you, as they are bound to make everything about ten times more fun.

20220906_193452.thumb.jpg.fafb1b8c51de3c1093ca6badf0e4ce15.jpg

20220906_193437.thumb.jpg.ab8df8b839e5c430d8ead5c15a918b13.jpg

20220906_193500.thumb.jpg.b4c5078c3bf23a51da36464f8af74327.jpg

Next morning we headed back to the clinic to remove the bandage and get my first hair wash and post-op care instructions by the doctor and staff. We had some excellent Turkish coffee (If you have not tried it, you should, if you love real coffee, you'll fall in love), joked about with the doctor and the Italian comrade-in-arms who also got his surgery on the same day as I and shot a very fun 'Doctor, we love you, you gave us our faces back' Instagram story. The whole vibe in the clinic was quite chill, relaxed and down to earth. There was no snubby, pretentious 'Oh we are in Beverly Hills and we are celebrities here, how many millions did YOU make' vibe, which I totally loved. It reminded me of my favorite tattoo parlor, where you'd get beers with the artists and talk afterwards, like, you know, real people. It was down to earth and human, my kind of place.

The whole three days were a pretty awesome adventure, a good many stories and reels ended up on the clinic's Instagram account. Now I'm just chilling and waiting for the growth.

If you are above a certain age and you have been on the fence for a while, DO IT. It's a huge, tremendous relief. Just seeing a hairline on your face for the first time after XY years, you go insane. It's a kerosene shot of self confidence to see yourself the way you remembered you again and know that it's not a dream. Don't be afraid to jump on planes and travel. If you want something that you've never had before, you will have to do something that you've never done before. Simple as that. Yaman is a fantastic doctor and great dude. I'm just chilling now, waiting for the hair to grow, practicing my guitar playing and just chomping at the bit to hit those stages again, with my real face on.

PS Some bonus material of the recipient area, 3 days post op. After care is very easy, there is absolutely zero pain or swelling, super minimal itching that the saline spray takes care of. Best damn gift I ever gave myself. (If you are on the fence, do it.) 
20220909_072310.thumb.jpg.fceaa98145afdcfda3ab7eb4bc8a3cbd.jpg

20220909_072312.thumb.jpg.a0b071427b07afef08a331f012a958a1.jpg

20220909_072314.thumb.jpg.70b4e565ed3c42b2a2442f957108fe9b.jpg

20220909_072319.thumb.jpg.9f34568b746aa0965fab91f2d03288e6.jpg

20220909_072320.thumb.jpg.a3215689bcdd2c4021667a3afcd5cd54.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, StillAlive said:

Greetings to my brothers-in-follicular arms!

Finally, after wrestling for over 10 years with an abject terror of flash photography, wind, water, mirrors and about 80% of natural lighting situations, I got my hair fixed. The community forums, both international and local were instrumental in me building up my confidence and jumping on a plane to get my face back. 

It was so, so worth it. If you are on the fence about it, do it, it will be one of the greatest gifts you ever give yourself.

TL;DR Version for People Who Believe 150 Characters Are Too Many :

950 Singles

2150 doubles

1450 multiples.

We put 2500 grafts in Zone A at 45FU/cm2 density, 1000 in midscalp with about 40FU/cm2 density and 1000 in the crown with 25 FU/cm2 density as I still had a lot of healthy, strong hair in that area.

In total, 4550 grafts were done in a single day, we started at 8:30AM and I left the clinic at approximately 19:30 hours. Everything went as smoothly as possible. No pain, no swelling, no itching. Clean work, through and through. I visited the cleaning again on the following day to have my bandage removed and my first hair wash. The aftercare routine is quite easy to follow and no, your head is not made of glass, it's cool to touch it, as long as you are careful and follow your doctor's guidelines. You can even do it all yourself though it's always good to have a partner around to help you with things. We had some excellent Turkish coffee afterward, spoke with an Italian brother-in-arms who also got his procedure done the same day as I -Dr. Yaman will do a max of two procedures per day. We got our post operative medications and instructions and decamped to the hotel to feast on room service and grow in peace. The experience of seeing my real face in the mirror, framed, after more than a decade of pretending to be cool with my sad balding, was like confidence kerosene to me.

Now on to the literary, Dostoyevsky-fan version of the experience.

My Backstory/Ex Prettyboy Chromedome Blues : I had made it to the ripe old age of 38 as a really thick NW3. I was not even considering hair restoration at that point as my self-image was perfectly acceptable. I had this 'charming and mature loss' that I was cool with. No see-through terrors, just single malt whisky commercial ready. I was using Nizoral 2% shampoo and a variety of multi-vitamins mainly for the placebo effect. I stopped Nizoral and the vits and went through ten kinds of personal hell between 38-40 resulting in my fancy NW3 degrading into a heavily depleted NW4. I was pathetically attempting to comb over (see photos) it but it was impossible to ignore the terrible reality (see more photos). I had to take drastic action.

FrontalCombover.thumb.jpg.96d61b04d789147966cb39973448e2b1.jpg

FrontalUglyTruth.thumb.jpg.5dab6fc498ef5c821ecb6fa06009ff3f.jpg

PanoramicCombover.thumb.jpg.63886b0ca8be7faee6f4cc2e841b6d61.jpg

SideTruth.thumb.jpg.e8a1954793d148a0018d9d7c45a853ad.jpg

Why I chose Dr. Yaman I chose Yaman because he was the most highly regarded doctor that I could afford. Numerous recommendations and patient success stories both here and in my local Greek forum gave me great confidence in him. The confluence was perfect and it was a now or never type of situation for me. I took the plunge and I'm so glad that I did.

Communication with the clinic was easily handled via WhatsApp. We booked the dates and I got what I believe to be their standard package :

3250 euros for 3500-4000 grafts that were originally estimated online, with any extras needed also being included in the price.
Also included were all transports (Airport-Hotel-Clinic) and three nights at an excellent 5* hotel. The doctor draws your hairline, gives you an estimate on grafts needed and performs your incisions and channel opening. A team of technicians handles extraction and implanting, with Dr. Yaman regularly checking in on them and overseeing the process. He has a strict limit of only 2 patients per day, so you always feel like you are being well taken care of. The price also included all post-op medications, a PRP injection before the procedure and finasteride/minoxidil/saw palmetto supplies for 6 months (depending on your preference). I had made it very clear that I had no intention of using fin or minox and the doctor was absolutely cool with it, did not attempt to pressure me into anything, as long as I understood the pros and cons. 

Dr. Yaman exudes an air of confidence, he knows what he's doing, has been doing it for a long time and knows that he's good at it. I got a feeling that he specializes in NW4-5 cases that need heavy coverage. I have no idea how he would go about handling a more delicate or 'artistic' case where someone might want to turn a NW2 into a natural-looking NW1 or someone wanting to lower their already good hairline, but for my needs, wanting to look like my real self again, he was perfect. I also approached the surgery with a very nonchalant attitude, I had been obsessing over this for over a decade, studied hundreds if not thousands of cases, so I was always aware of what was going on, I didn't feel insecure or the need to ask about every little thing. Depending on how stressed out you tend to get, your mileage may vary.

The doctor drew the hairline and told me I'd need 2500 grafts for Zone A, with an average density of 45 FU/Cm2, 1000 in the midscalp with average density of 40 FU/cm2 and 1000 in the crown with an average density of 25 FU/cm2 as I still had quite a lot of good and healthy hair left in the area. They drew some of my blood to prepare the PRP and took me to a separate room to get pre-op photos and shave my head.

Hot Tip for Balding Ex Playboys : Do not fear the headshave. Seriously. It is hugely liberating. I was terrified of the concept of it and as a result, spent years combing over my pathetic wispy hair. As soon as those wisps were on the floor and I was staring at my tough-guy bald pate, I was like 'Damn, I should have done that YEARS ago. So don't write-off shaving your head until you've tried it at least once. You may be very surprised. Check it out:

20220906_092848.thumb.jpg.cf0a8db0dc756c6b7ae25f3e8295ee4b.jpg

We then went to the op room, where I got my anesthetic injections. These are not pleasant, as you get stung perimetrically around the skull around 10-15 times, the needle goes deep and the xylocaine pouring in stings. The pain only lasts a minute though and is quite tolerable. The channel opening is quite pleasant, you just hear a light scratch-scratch sound like someone rubbing their hand against stubble. The doctor has a great sense of humor and we had some back and forth that also made it on their Instagram stories of the day during this phase. Channel opening lasted about an hour and was quite comfortable.

After that, comes the hardest part : extraction. You have to lay face down on the massage bed, so your lower lip will kind of scrunch up against your teeth and your forehead will pull against the perforated hairline. The anesthetic injections are the worst, because they go lower on your scalp and close to the spine. Only stage when I had to grip the bed. Again, these last for a minute or two at most. Extraction itself was painless (done by a mix of micro-motor and manual) but uncomfortable as the technicians will be pressing your head in different directions. When you are face down it's pretty exhausting. Turning on your side is definitely better and I tried hard to zone out and sleep but I just couldn't. I did get to check out my artful bleeding and hair follicles being carefully placed in petri dishes prepared with hypothermosol so if you are itching to live the 'plastic surgery in Colombia and on the run' dream, you can check it off your bucket list :D Extraction lasted about 4 hours and I considered it the heaviest part of the process, the one that required the most fortitude.

I was bandaged and we had a short break for lunch. I got some dead-honest chicken souvlakia with rice and carrot/cabbage salad which got me all misty eyed, as it reminded me of the soul-saving lunches I used to have back when I was working in a slave-pit corp in the middle of nowhere. My single joy in those dark times, was taking a lunch break for wine and souvlakia in a fantastic truck stop. There, I could resent my colleagues and above all myself for working there, in peace.

Finally, it was on to the implantation phase. That was the easiest stage of them all. Even the anesthesia hurt very little, compared to the previous ones. I got to sit/recline while the techs proceeded with implantation. Got to acquaint myself with a lot of Turkish folk/pop musicwhich was a nice local touch!

We finished rather late (around 19:30), they bandaged me up, uploaded a bunch of super fun stuff on Instagram and I went off to the hotel to relax. There was zero pain, itching or swelling, I felt pretty grand. We proceeded to act like giddy teenagers with my brother who had come along for the adventure -if you can, always bring a trusted ally with you, as they are bound to make everything about ten times more fun.

20220906_193452.thumb.jpg.fafb1b8c51de3c1093ca6badf0e4ce15.jpg

20220906_193437.thumb.jpg.ab8df8b839e5c430d8ead5c15a918b13.jpg

20220906_193500.thumb.jpg.b4c5078c3bf23a51da36464f8af74327.jpg

Next morning we headed back to the clinic to remove the bandage and get my first hair wash and post-op care instructions by the doctor and staff. We had some excellent Turkish coffee (If you have not tried it, you should, if you love real coffee, you'll fall in love), joked about with the doctor and the Italian comrade-in-arms who also got his surgery on the same day as I and shot a very fun 'Doctor, we love you, you gave us our faces back' Instagram story. The whole vibe in the clinic was quite chill, relaxed and down to earth. There was no snubby, pretentious 'Oh we are in Beverly Hills and we are celebrities here, how many millions did YOU make' vibe, which I totally loved. It reminded me of my favorite tattoo parlor, where you'd get beers with the artists and talk afterwards, like, you know, real people. It was down to earth and human, my kind of place.

The whole three days were a pretty awesome adventure, a good many stories and reels ended up on the clinic's Instagram account. Now I'm just chilling and waiting for the growth.

If you are above a certain age and you have been on the fence for a while, DO IT. It's a huge, tremendous relief. Just seeing a hairline on your face for the first time after XY years, you go insane. It's a kerosene shot of self confidence to see yourself the way you remembered you again and know that it's not a dream. Don't be afraid to jump on planes and travel. If you want something that you've never had before, you will have to do something that you've never done before. Simple as that. Yaman is a fantastic doctor and great dude. I'm just chilling now, waiting for the hair to grow, practicing my guitar playing and just chomping at the bit to hit those stages again, with my real face on.

PS Some bonus material of the recipient area, 3 days post op. After care is very easy, there is absolutely zero pain or swelling, super minimal itching that the saline spray takes care of. Best damn gift I ever gave myself. (If you are on the fence, do it.) 
20220909_072310.thumb.jpg.fceaa98145afdcfda3ab7eb4bc8a3cbd.jpg

20220909_072312.thumb.jpg.a0b071427b07afef08a331f012a958a1.jpg

20220909_072314.thumb.jpg.70b4e565ed3c42b2a2442f957108fe9b.jpg

20220909_072319.thumb.jpg.9f34568b746aa0965fab91f2d03288e6.jpg

20220909_072320.thumb.jpg.a3215689bcdd2c4021667a3afcd5cd54.jpg

Looks clean job mate. Dr yaman is very good option at affordable price in Turkey. Waiting for your result. Happy growing and Keep us updated 🙌

• Like 1

W O W

I had a true entertainment mixed with excitement reading through your detailed thread.

Can’t wait to watch your babies grow and improve.. keep us posted and enjoy every part of the journey!

Mine is going to start soon too, and this thread just motivated me further!

How is the donor area looking?

How long did you stay in Istanbul?

When do you think it is okay to travel and look presentable?

hey man, thanks for the thread and happy growing!

• Like 1

Thank you for your encouraging words, brothers!

Donor is healing up very nicely and was evenly harvested, I'll post some pics for reference as soon as I settle a bit!

I spent three nights in Istanbul, 5-8th. You travel as you are, there are so many hair transplants, nose jobs and facelifts going in and out of IST airport that people are more apt to stare if you are untouched. I'm not kidding :)

One of the more fun aspects of being outside was smiling broadly at anyone staring. On the fence NW3's stare at you with almost erotic intensity. You literally embody their all consuming thoughts.

It's a fun adventure. Once you decide, don't doubt or worry. Trust in your higher destiny as a shampoo model and the Hair Gods will rain their bounties on you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, StillAlive said:

Bonus donor shots, healing pretty nicely.20220909_175822.thumb.jpg.77eafbbe9ef31c0367122d772fad5d77.jpg20220909_175744.thumb.jpg.afc1bafeb9163636473f4e3e633a6d5b.jpg20220909_175742.thumb.jpg.0c101a0368cf8b181f1a2742f3219f1d.jpg

Happy growing. You transplanted a high number of grafts with good graft distribution around the recipient area, so i thik you will be satisfied with your final result. Donor also looks good and is healing fast.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

13 days post, all scabs have fallen off. I had to really rub them out in the last three days 'cause they were taking their sweet time. Zero pain, swelling or itchiness. Only had to take some paracetamol between days 6-9 to ease the donor's throbbing a bit. 

I will probably be posting updates at the 3, 6 , 9 and 12 marks, as I don't want to spam you with pointless 'oh look, there's a hair sprouting' updates.

20220919_094730.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

2nd month update, just for kicks :

My first month went by in full on NW1-Buzzed Marine mode and I naturally started hoping for magical-transplant-unicorn- 5% status, where I'd just cruise by without shedding grafts or experiencing shock loss.

Hah.

Shock loss and the shed hit hard between weeks 4-6, with most of the transplanted hairs falling out and shock loss peaking in the donor area. At the 2 month mark, I asked my wife to buzz me down using the 4mm guard on the trimmer and I was pleasantly surprised by how much my donor had recovered. No growth yet, I see a few hairs popping here and there, but it ain't time yet. Overall, quite pleased with how things are progressing.

PS If you are a NW3/NW4 and on the combover boat, suffering and living in terror of every little gust of wind, be brave and shave it off while waiting for your transplant. It's enormously liberating.

20221103_101955.jpg

20221103_101952.jpg

20221103_101949.jpg

20221103_102005.jpg

20221103_103117.jpg

20221103_103059.jpg

20221103_103027.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

3 Month Update and hopefully my last 'mandatory' head-shave!

Finally getting to the interesting part of the journey! I'm noticing new hairs coming in all the time, but nothing insane or out of the ordinary. It feels like normal, healthy progress. Hopefully, the next haircut is going to be one of those tacky long on top, shaved on the sides fades and I'll be preening from here on to next Christmas, like the most vapid idiot you've ever known :D

The red dots on the scalp are from pimples. A lot of these have been coming for the past month, I never messed with them, just let them dry out on their own. One thing that consistently amazes and delights me, is the crown. Pre-op, I had a pretty big bald patch back there but post op it looks like I barely had any crown loss. I don't know if it's because the saw palmetto worked a minor miracle on me or the 1K crown grafts did not shed at all, but I'm not complaining, very happy with the way it looks!

Next update early January, 'till then have an excellent holiday season all, wishing you hair, health and happiness! 

20221205_115227.jpg

20221205_115233.jpg

20221205_115255.jpg

20221205_115303.jpg

20221205_115259.jpg

20221205_115256.jpg

• 1 month later...

Happy New Year!

May you all touch vellus and get dreadlocks in '23!

Month 4 Update.

Progress is steady, nothing mind-blowing, but after the 3.5 month mark, I observe new hair sprouting on almost a daily basis. There's also MANY thin/transparent hairs that don't show up in the pics. Really pleased with the angles, everything is growing out the way my natural hair used to. In photos with no overhead lights, someone would think that I already have a full head of hair, bright lights are obviously still see through.

I have stopped buzzing my hair to 0.04mm and it should now be around 1.5/2cm's in length. So far, so good, see you all in a month :)

20230107_143223.jpg

20230107_143221.jpg

20230107_143218.jpg

20230107_143228.jpg

20230107_143340.jpg

Edited by StillAlive
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, StillAlive said:

Happy New Year!

May you all touch vellus and get dreadlocks in '23!

Month 4 Update.

Progress is steady, nothing mind-blowing, but after the 3.5 month mark, I observe new hair sprouting on almost a daily basis. There's also MANY thin/transparent hairs that don't show up in the pics. Really pleased with the angles, everything is growing out the way my natural hair used to. In photos with no overhead lights, someone would think that I already have a full head of hair, bright lights are obviously still see through.

I have stopped buzzing my hair to 0.04mm and it should now be around 1.5/2cm's in length. So far, so good, see you all in a month :)

20230107_143223.jpg

20230107_143221.jpg

20230107_143218.jpg

20230107_143228.jpg

20230107_143340.jpg

Thanks for updating us. everything looks fine ! Just be patient another 2-3 months...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

5th Month Update:

Slow progress during month 4, with hair mostly thickening and gaining better coverage value as they grow longer. In the last 3-4 days, I've noticed many new red spots in the recipient, along with pimples and new hairs sprouting.

We all look at some phenomenal 5 month results where a guy essentially looks 'done' and secretly wish that it also happens to us, but in reality, we are about halfway through. I'm really curious as to what next month is going to bring. One thing that makes me really optimistic is that the growth I have looks quite even and natural, there are no 'empty' spots in my recipient. 

So, here we go, fingers crossed for growin' slow and steady!

PS I don't know if it's got anything to do with this, but it took me a full month to begin shedding the transplanted hairs, so it could be that my Month 5 looks more like other people's Month 4. See you all in March!

20230205_101846.jpg

20230205_101843.jpg

20230205_101840.jpg

20230205_102015.jpg

20230205_101855.jpg

20230205_101852.jpg

20230205_101850.jpg

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Yeh wish u all the growth ...u will start seeing lot of growth from now on....as u said it looks natural and can see tht its taking shape frm ur pics ..Happy growing and keep updating 😊

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

3 hours ago, StillAlive said:

5th Month Update:

Slow progress during month 4, with hair mostly thickening and gaining better coverage value as they grow longer. In the last 3-4 days, I've noticed many new red spots in the recipient, along with pimples and new hairs sprouting.

We all look at some phenomenal 5 month results where a guy essentially looks 'done' and secretly wish that it also happens to us, but in reality, we are about halfway through. I'm really curious as to what next month is going to bring. One thing that makes me really optimistic is that the growth I have looks quite even and natural, there are no 'empty' spots in my recipient. 

So, here we go, fingers crossed for growin' slow and steady!

PS I don't know if it's got anything to do with this, but it took me a full month to begin shedding the transplanted hairs, so it could be that my Month 5 looks more like other people's Month 4. See you all in March!

20230205_101846.jpg

20230205_101843.jpg

20230205_101840.jpg

20230205_102015.jpg

20230205_101855.jpg

20230205_101852.jpg

20230205_101850.jpg

Its going good! It will be improved a lot the next months. Keep us updated.

• 4 weeks later...

6th Month Update, Brothers.

At this point, I've got to be the living definition of 'slow and steady'. I have not been observing any 'miracles of growth' but I keep seeing new, pigmented hairs sprouting all over the recipient area. There is a lot of new growth that does not show up in the photos. My recipient also appears to be quite active, with red spots and pimples doing their little light show on a very regular basis.

I believe that I am hitting this happy plateau of paranoia right now. On one hand, I've got the optimists claiming that 'Hey, at Month 6 and without using minox, you should be observing about 50% of your final result, there's still quite a ways to go.' Then there's those dudes that are photoshoot ready by Month 6, sporting those insane manes, telling you 'Hey dude, Month 6 is like, 80% of your final result, basically, this is IT'.

I'm also posting the clinic's before and after shots for comparison. 

Anyhow, going by the worst case scenario ('This is IT dude'), I still feel positive about this. My donor area was well handled, my overall appearance has indeed improved -and should reasonably improve further- and I did not end up breaking the bank and going into insane debt in order to do it. 

Really curious as to what the next two months are going to bring! 

Preop2RS.jpg

Month 6-3.jpg

Month 6-2.jpg

Month 6-1.jpg

Month 6-4.jpg

Postop 3.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StillAlive said:

6th Month Update, Brothers.

At this point, I've got to be the living definition of 'slow and steady'. I have not been observing any 'miracles of growth' but I keep seeing new, pigmented hairs sprouting all over the recipient area. There is a lot of new growth that does not show up in the photos. My recipient also appears to be quite active, with red spots and pimples doing their little light show on a very regular basis.

I believe that I am hitting this happy plateau of paranoia right now. On one hand, I've got the optimists claiming that 'Hey, at Month 6 and without using minox, you should be observing about 50% of your final result, there's still quite a ways to go.' Then there's those dudes that are photoshoot ready by Month 6, sporting those insane manes, telling you 'Hey dude, Month 6 is like, 80% of your final result, basically, this is IT'.

I'm also posting the clinic's before and after shots for comparison. 

Anyhow, going by the worst case scenario ('This is IT dude'), I still feel positive about this. My donor area was well handled, my overall appearance has indeed improved -and should reasonably improve further- and I did not end up breaking the bank and going into insane debt in order to do it. 

Really curious as to what the next two months are going to bring! 

Preop2RS.jpg

Month 6-3.jpg

Month 6-2.jpg

Month 6-1.jpg

Month 6-4.jpg

Postop 3.JPG

Its going good bro. I think you should trim your sides with an undercut style and let the recipient area to grow.

Also as you mentioned that there are a lot of hairs that are not shown in these specific photos...So can you try to upload new photos with a different background in a different environment, so these hairs will be more visible?

Too much work to get in that kind of photography :D

But I'm with you on the undercut bit. My only concern is that I might end up looking like an institutional marine, with a terrible flat-top cut -my hair has a tendency to stick up at 90 degree angles when cut short- so I'm waiting another month before getting it cut into some type of human shape!

9 minutes ago, StillAlive said:

Too much work to get in that kind of photography :D

not too much work. Just try to take photos in a new enviroment as well.It would be 3-5 minute work lol haha

9 minutes ago, StillAlive said:

But I'm with you on the undercut bit. My only concern is that I might end up looking like an institutional marine, with a terrible flat-top cut -my hair has a tendency to stick up at 90 degree angles when cut short- so I'm waiting another month before getting it cut into some type of human shape!

I think it will look much better with shaved sides in an undercut style. Cause now, you have thick long hair on the sides and more short-weak hairs on the top, which makes the recipient area to look less full and dense. Sides always should look less dense than top, otherwise the result in the recipient area will look less dense than it is acttually...

Edited by BaldGuy
  • Like 1