Dr. Resul Yaman/ September 2022/ 4550 FUE Grafts

StillAlive

2 hours ago, StillAlive said:

It's like the growth and outline are there but yeah, the transplanted hairs are nowhere near the characteristics of the donor. Fingers crossed!

You have growth but The transplanted hair indeed look weak and very thin so far. They need more time to get thicker…do you take any vitamins ?

1 hour ago, StillAlive said:

Also posting some 'normal'/distant shots. From afar, the illusion of density is there but it really throws me for a loop versus what I see when actually checking out close-up shots. 

20230307_081102.jpg

20230307_081100.jpg

20230307_081104.jpg

These photos correspond more to reality than the other ones. This is how people will see you in a normal distance and this is the actual result. The target in the hair transplants is the ilussion of density and to look ok in a normal distance, cause you cant achieve the super high density of the native hair.

On these photos your result looks fine and it will be improved a lot in the next months, as you grow your hair long and give better coverage/shading. Enjoy it mate...😃

Edited by BaldGuy
  • Like 1

Got a haircut the other day and I'm surprised at how good the front looks outside and under sunlight. From the top, it's completely see-through and sparse of course. 

Psychologically, I'm fully prepared for the possibility that I'll see no more growth -even though it's quite early still- and I can't really put any blame on the doctor, everything was handled with the utmost care, my recovery was smooth and without complications, I may have just been one of the unlucky ones. On the other hand, I may yet turn into Wolverine, fingers crossed and I'll continue my monthly updates :D

20230313_115203.jpg

20230313_115201.jpg

1678701132764 (1).JPEG

1678701131258.JPEG

1678701132429.JPEG

• Like 2
  • Well Done 1

3 hours ago, StillAlive said:

Got a haircut the other day and I'm surprised at how good the front looks outside and under sunlight. From the top, it's completely see-through and sparse of course. 

Psychologically, I'm fully prepared for the possibility that I'll see no more growth -even though it's quite early still- and I can't really put any blame on the doctor, everything was handled with the utmost care, my recovery was smooth and without complications, I may have just been one of the unlucky ones. On the other hand, I may yet turn into Wolverine, fingers crossed and I'll continue my monthly updates :D

20230313_115203.jpg

20230313_115201.jpg

1678701132764 (1).JPEG

1678701131258.JPEG

1678701132429.JPEG

It looks good in the exterior environment under the sun. Until 12 Month it will look perfect 👍 

Edited by Belve
  • Thanks 1

You looking good IMO, I'm going through the sparseness myself but i believe you still have more time of growing, hair thickening etc. which will come in the few months ahead and you will be super good. Take care and all the best for the months ahead.

Edited by Timothy
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

7th Month Update.

Close up shots, along with a few taken from one meter away and a bonus pre-op shot.

Have not observed any miracles of lycanthropic growth yet, but from about the 6.5 month mark I've noticed a significant change in the texture of the hair, it feels thicker and coarser. Resists the comb more as well. I still see red spots in my recipient area and sometimes it itches slightly, not unpleasant but I have not experienced that before. As the hair grows longer and thickens, I feel like it's offering more coverage value as well.

Next couple of months will be the moment of truth and I sure will be glad to be done with all the 'late grower' speculation. Even though I've not been amazed yet, I remain cautiously optimistic. 

Preop 1.jpg

7-6.jpg

7-7.jpg

7-8.jpg

7-1.jpg

7-2.jpg

7-3.jpg

7-4.jpg

7-5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I have not been in touch with the clinic because all they'll tell me -as any clinic does- is 'Wait a full year before evaluating your results'. 

They do offer a free repair if I get less than 90% growth but I hope that will not be necessary. 

3 hours ago, StillAlive said:

7th Month Update.

Close up shots, along with a few taken from one meter away and a bonus pre-op shot.

Have not observed any miracles of lycanthropic growth yet, but from about the 6.5 month mark I've noticed a significant change in the texture of the hair, it feels thicker and coarser. Resists the comb more as well. I still see red spots in my recipient area and sometimes it itches slightly, not unpleasant but I have not experienced that before. As the hair grows longer and thickens, I feel like it's offering more coverage value as well.

Next couple of months will be the moment of truth and I sure will be glad to be done with all the 'late grower' speculation. Even though I've not been amazed yet, I remain cautiously optimistic. 

Preop 1.jpg

7-6.jpg

7-7.jpg

7-8.jpg

7-1.jpg

7-2.jpg

7-3.jpg

7-4.jpg

7-5.jpg

Its going ok. You still have 5 months, for the hairs to thicken up and grow as multi-hairs...Let your hair grow until then.

Edited by BaldGuy
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

8th month update, brothers.

No miracles, but the hair continues to thicken, which along with it's added length, creates a better illusion of density. My recipient is once again getting a couple of really big pimples and I'm observing red spots in a bunch of places, so it's not impossible that I'm due a final 'wave' of growth. Depending on lighting, angle and distance, it can look like I have a pretty full head of hair or that I'm terribly bald. (See the difference in the close-up shots vs the more distant ones).

Even if this is my final look, I'd say I'm satisfied for the money I paid. It's an overall improvement from my starting point, did not break the bank or create an unnatural or unsightly result and it framed my face really well, turning the clock back about 15 years. 

I will continue posting updates 'till the 12 month mark. Happy growin' all :)

Preop 1.jpg

20230503_093238.jpg

20230503_093231.jpg

20230503_093229.jpg

20230503_093059.jpg

20230503_093103.jpg

20230503_093111.jpg

20230503_093118.jpg

20230503_103759.jpg

20230503_103650.jpg

20230503_103810.jpg

Edited by StillAlive
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1

The last three pictures in your recent post showcase the result the best imo. This goes to show that styling the transplanted hair can make the hair look natural, and like a transplant never happened.

nice result! 

• Like 2

On 5/3/2023 at 9:54 AM, StillAlive said:

8th month update, brothers.

No miracles, but the hair continues to thicken, which along with it's added length, creates a better illusion of density. My recipient is once again getting a couple of really big pimples and I'm observing red spots in a bunch of places, so it's not impossible that I'm due a final 'wave' of growth. Depending on lighting, angle and distance, it can look like I have a pretty full head of hair or that I'm terribly bald. (See the difference in the close-up shots vs the more distant ones).

Even if this is my final look, I'd say I'm satisfied for the money I paid. It's an overall improvement from my starting point, did not break the bank or create an unnatural or unsightly result and it framed my face really well, turning the clock back about 15 years. 

I will continue posting updates 'till the 12 month mark. Happy growin' all :)

Preop 1.jpg

20230503_093238.jpg

20230503_093231.jpg

20230503_093229.jpg

20230503_093059.jpg

20230503_093103.jpg

20230503_093111.jpg

20230503_093118.jpg

20230503_103759.jpg

20230503_103650.jpg

20230503_103810.jpg

Nice progress so far and really nice result from Dr Yaman.

Dr Yaman's results are so natural...I really like them !

• Like 1

He does. None of my acquaintances have even suspected that I had work done, the one comment that keeps coming up when I see people after a long time is 'You seem to have gotten...younger somehow, you look revived.'

It's a bit crazy how much of a difference having your face framed properly makes. I look at my pre-op and 8 month photos side-by-side and I look 15 years younger. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, StillAlive said:

He does. None of my acquaintances have even suspected that I had work done, the one comment that keeps coming up when I see people after a long time is 'You seem to have gotten...younger somehow, you look revived.'

It's a bit crazy how much of a difference having your face framed properly makes. I look at my pre-op and 8 month photos side-by-side and I look 15 years younger. 

that's true bro. You look at least 15-20 years old younger...The differense is massive and it will be even bigger till the 12 month. 👌

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A week short of 9 months brothers. Gotta run off to the beach and flamboyantly shake water off my -almost- mane.

At this point, I'm quite pleased with the illusion of density achieved. Under low or normal lighting, it seems like I have a full head of hair. Harsh lighting or me pulling my hair apart will of course expose thinning all over the place. Even if I see no improvement at all between now and Month 12, I consider this transplant a terrific investment. I look 15 years younger and I did not have to break the bank to do it.

From this point on I'll keep taking 320mg Saw Palmetto, 700mg Rosemary Leaf and 1500mg MSM (the first two as natural light alternatives to Fin/Minox and MSM for the hell of it :D) without harboring any sort of illusion that they can compare to actual medication. Still, even if they provide any small benefit with their zero side effects and low price, they seem like an overall good deal to me. 

See you all in the Month 10 update, have a great summer all!

Month 9-1.jpg

Month 9-2.jpg

Month 9-3.jpg

Month 9-4.jpg

Month 9-5.jpg

Month 9-6.jpg

Month 9-7.jpg

Month 9-8.jpg

Month 9-10.jpg

Month 9-11.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

• 1 month later...

10th Month Update, Brothers.

I'm not really expecting any further growth from this point onwards. Some hair thickening and maturation will be most welcome but for all accounts and purposes, I consider the result 'final'. 

Overall, I'm pleased with how it turned out. It was by no means a 'miraculous return to 26' but the illusion of density was created with great skill. In 'normal' photography and circumstances, one might be led to believe that I have an almost full head of hair. Half the photos I'm posting are with wet hair right after shower (Wet) and the rest are with dry hair. The direction of the implanted hairs came out terrific, it's practically indistinguishable from the way my native hair grew back when I had it. 

Donor management in the middle and left sides was excellent, they look untouched. The right hand side is slightly overharvested but it's something that only I can notice. I believe that my refusal to take fin or minox led in me losing what remained of my frontal third hair to shock loss, thus weakening the final result. I'm a grown lad though and it was my choice, so I'm OK with it. Someone on medication would have probably gotten better mileage out of their native hair boosting the result.

My overall sentiment as I near the end of my journey, is positive. It feels like I made a good investment in myself. Not the best, but the one I could afford and infinitely better than doing nothing and surrendering to the ravages of middle age without a fight. I hope that my case helps those of you still on the fence and provides a good template for what to expect if you are in a similar state as I was pre-op. 

I'll be posting two more updates until the 1 year mark. 

Have a great summer brothers and may you all grow your Hollywood dreamlocks!

Month 10-9.jpg

Month 10-8 .jpg

Month 10-7.jpg

Month 10-6 (Wet).jpg

Month 10-5 (Wet).jpg

Month 10-3 (Wet).jpg

Month 10-2 (Wet).jpg

Month 10-1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Nice. What a difference hair makes. It's good practice to plan for two transplant surgeries. Would you consider another go for density? Assuming adequate donor, you would probably get an amazing result.

Edited by Scree
  • Like 1

Maybe in a few years time. I'm going to grow my hair semi long now and I'm curious to see how it's gonna look. If I like it, even though objectively imperfect, I'll leave it. I'm old after all, married with kids, bought the farm, got hit by the truck, you name it :D

As long as I like the dude in the mirror, I'm good with one!

• Well Done 1