Planning Hair Transplant Trip (Cabs)

Hi Guys, I am just asking how you guys would sort out transportation when traveling for a Hair Transplant.

I know this may be a common question but I would like to know how would you go by booking cabs when arriving at the destination country for the transplant.

In my case its likely I will be travelling from Manchester Airport to Valencia so I will require a cab to pick me up from there to the hotel I am staying. Is there any way to book in a Uber at Valencia in my case to get picked up so I can then get to the hotel?

Yeah, I am taking that into account, I am considering staying a couple of extra days in the hotel just for extra prevention so I can take a full rest and go out without worries of bumping in.

I am planning to take one of my parents with me regardless so someone can keep an eye on me in case of any emergencies just to be on the safe side.

• Like 1

• Administrators

De Freitas good choice. I’m sure the clinic can arrange a cab for you after the procedure, or even book you an uber. I don’t know the cost difference of cabs and ubers in Europe. But maybe a cab may be better. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

24 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

De Freitas good choice. I’m sure the clinic can arrange a cab for you after the procedure, or even book you an uber. I don’t know the cost difference of cabs and ubers in Europe. But maybe a cab may be better. 

Thanks, it was always gonna be between him, Ferreira or Pinto and since the last two ramped up prices by alot it made my choice easier aswell. They also have a solid reputation and like you said when you recommended him he also talks Portuguese since he's brazilian. 

Yeah I may have a chat with them to see if they can arrange one for me during this time. 

My main concern is not so much the post proccedure but before after arriving at the airport specifically. It would be good to have someone awaiting for my arrival so they could take me and my parent to the hotel. I am thinking about getting a day earlier than the surgery just to get aquainted with the area and the clinic.

Never been but apparently 'Cabify' is the app to use for ordering cabs.  But at the airport they will be queuing up for business in the designated area, as is standard at airports.

They have a subway system linked to the airport so that is another option, but maybe not when immediate post-op.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

8 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

Never been but apparently 'Cabify' is the app to use for ordering cabs.  But at the airport they will be queuing up for business in the designated area, as is standard at airports.

They have a subway system linked to the airport so that is another option, but maybe not when immediate post-op.

I think Post Op should be easier to book in but when arriving in it would be great to get one waiting. 

Do you need to pay upfront for the cab to go wait on you or would this only be done at the end of the trip?

7 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

I think Post Op should be easier to book in but when arriving in it would be great to get one waiting. 

Do you need to pay upfront for the cab to go wait on you or would this only be done at the end of the trip?

You can make reservations in advance on Cabify.  I don't have the App myself but I'd assume it takes the payment out of a linked credit card automatically like Uber does.

Post Op you could get the staff to order one, but then you may need some Euros to pay the driver.

I would always have some Euros incase the app fails and you just have to wave down a cab.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

6 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

You can make reservations in advance on Cabify.  I don't have the App myself but I'd assume it takes the payment out of a linked credit card automatically like Uber does.

Post Op you could get the staff to order one, but then you may need some Euros to pay the driver.

I would always have some Euros incase the app fails and you just have to wave down a cab.

That will not be a problem. I can always go pick some up at the post office, as long as I have someone to take me to the destination that will be fine. 
I may or not then book them back on my return but maybe the clinic is able to help on that. 

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Thanks, it was always gonna be between him, Ferreira or Pinto and since the last two ramped up prices by alot it made my choice easier aswell. They also have a solid reputation and like you said when you recommended him he also talks Portuguese since he's brazilian. 

Yeah I may have a chat with them to see if they can arrange one for me during this time. 

My main concern is not so much the post proccedure but before after arriving at the airport specifically. It would be good to have someone awaiting for my arrival so they could take me and my parent to the hotel. I am thinking about getting a day earlier than the surgery just to get aquainted with the area and the clinic.

I would definitely recommend getting there at least a day before your surgery. I’m sure if you contact the clinic they should be able to assist you in some way with transport/cab from the airport to your hotel. All the best. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

I would definitely recommend getting there at least a day before your surgery. I’m sure if you contact the clinic they should be able to assist you in some way with transport/cab from the airport to your hotel. All the best. 

Yeah, I may ask in advance on that. 

Hopefully things will go well it's just my mind Is currently racing with thoughts even though the surgery is still a year away I guess I just want this to go as smooth as possible. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

If you are booked in definitely then don’t be afraid to ask the clinic any questions of concern that you might have. Remember you are paying them and it’s your scalp, etc, not theirs. Good communication is one of the most important things I look for in a surgeon. All the best. 👍

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/3/2023 at 3:31 PM, Baldski said:

I'm going to Dr De Freitas in March, so I will let you know how the transplant goes and also transport!

Can't wait to know more. Let us know how everything went. 

Always curious to see more De Freitas cases.

Also, did you had any trouble getting blood tests they asked through the NHS? Its one of the things that I am concearned with but I think I should have enough time to get these done.

Edited by TheGreatPretender

11 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Can't wait to know more. Let us know how everything went. 

Always curious to see more De Freitas cases.

Also, did you had any trouble getting blood tests they asked through the NHS? Its one of the things that I am concearned with but I think I should have enough time to get these done.

Getting blood tests were quite easy. I just phoned my local doctors and said I am having surgery on this date and I need certain blood test results by this date.

I was then sent a link to the where I selected a time and date for my blood test. They asked if I had a letter from the consultant/doctor requesting the blood tests. I then copied the document which Clinica De Freitas sent me (which listed all the specific blood test parameters) and emailed them this. 

A few weeks later I went for the blood tests and received the results a couple of days later and sent them to Clinica De Freitas.

This process was something I was apprehensive about but it was all fairly simple in the end 🙂

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Baldski said:

Getting blood tests were quite easy. I just phoned my local doctors and said I am having surgery on this date and I need certain blood test results by this date.

I was then sent a link to the where I selected a time and date for my blood test. They asked if I had a letter from the consultant/doctor requesting the blood tests. I then copied the document which Clinica De Freitas sent me (which listed all the specific blood test parameters) and emailed them this. 

A few weeks later I went for the blood tests and received the results a couple of days later and sent them to Clinica De Freitas.

This process was something I was apprehensive about but it was all fairly simple in the end 🙂

Man that puts my mind at ease.

drawdownfx went there this Christmas and he mentioned he had his doctor asking for reasons on why he needed the blood test and vice versa. He ended up getting them though but at some point he thought he would have to go for a private clinic.

I did howeaver inform my GP last year to write down the fact that I am having surgery this summer and he basically mentioned that it should be fine and once the time comes to give them a ring so hopefully it will go well without trouble. 

15 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Man that puts my mind at ease.

drawdownfx went there this Christmas and he mentioned he had his doctor asking for reasons on why he needed the blood test and vice versa. He ended up getting them though but at some point he thought he would have to go for a private clinic.

I did howeaver inform my GP last year to write down the fact that I am having surgery this summer and he basically mentioned that it should be fine and once the time comes to give them a ring so hopefully it will go well without trouble. 

I suppose every doctor and their practice office is different. Make it as easy for them as possible by giving them the dates and which blood tests results (all on one document which Clinica De Freitas will send you) you need. I'm sure you will get them no problem.

Regarding taxis, I heard there is an app called FREE NOW which I believe is a European version of Uber basically. The hotel is only 15 minutes from the clinic, I would much prefer to walk on the way there and stretch my legs, however they say not to exercise for 5 days before surgery ... so I'm not sure 15 mins of calm walking would count 😅

• Like 1

Just now, Baldski said:

I suppose every doctor and their practice office is different. Make it as easy for them as possible by giving them the dates and which blood tests results (all on one document which Clinica De Freitas will send you) you need. I'm sure you will get them no problem.

Regarding taxis, I heard there is an app called FREE NOW which I believe is a European version of Uber basically. The hotel is only 15 minutes from the clinic, I would much prefer to walk on the way there and stretch my legs, however they say not to exercise for 5 days before surgery ... so I'm not sure 15 mins of calm walking would count 😅

Yeah, actually it was recommended here aswell so I am likely to use it to get the cab.

Which airport are you going from?

The closest one I got from where I am based is Manchester but its waaaay down the road so I might need to change flights in between if I want to go from Birmingham. Still need to plan them aswell but I am thinking about booking it next month.

1 minute ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Yeah, actually it was recommended here aswell so I am likely to use it to get the cab.

Which airport are you going from?

The closest one I got from where I am based is Manchester but its waaaay down the road so I might need to change flights in between if I want to go from Birmingham. Still need to plan them aswell but I am thinking about booking it next month.

I can't send messages yet for some reason 🤔

Send me a DM, that might do the trick! 

• Like 1