Chicago hotel options - visiting Dr K

Hey guys,

Seeing Dr Konior late 2022, and I was wondering if anyone can recommend some places to stay? I can see heaps of hotels around, I'm sort of spoiled for choice.

Has anyone had any good experiences?

I don't need anything flashy, preferably within walking distance to the clinic and the shops.

Thanks all

• Administrators

I stayed at the best western in Lomard, IL. They serve breakfast which is a plus, it was like 7 minutes from the clinic. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The staff recommended Comfort Suites and the Hilton in Oakbrook. I stayed at the Hilton, it was pretty nice and a 4-5 minute Uber to the office. Comfort Suites is the more affordable option and a 10 min walk to the office although you might not want to walk since it’s probably going to be very cold.

Edited by Tiger2050

Comfort Suites is OK but it's no Hilton.

Being a bit of cheapskate I stayed there and couldn't complain.

You can get hot takeaway meals from Pete's Fresh Market across the road which will likely be cheaper than room service.  There was a starbucks close by, 7-Eleven and Walgreens.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Comfort suites worked well for me. I had no car and just walked to the clinic on all my trips there. It's an easy walk through some back roads and you only pop out to cross the main street to get to his office. There's a drugstore, fresh market, and Starbucks/Dunkin within walking distance as well. It's nothing fancy but has a microwave and refrigerator in your room.

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

Stayed at the Comfort Suits, and wasn't too fond of it. The benefit is that everything is super close, including the office which is walking distance. That said, it's a bit loud and smells weird and the staff always seemed in a bad mood... 

I recommend the Le Meridian part of Marriott-clean and new. Not far at all. Used points; part of It is adjacent to a Mall. Walking distance to many restaurants. There is a wonderful steak restaurant caddy corner. I think Comfort Suites is dated. Nice to have some food options in Hotel.

Edited by Mountinvan
  • Like 1