Updated 1 mos Umar 3k FUE

Abedogg

Guys,

I've updated my blog with my 1 month pic.

I'm not super worried, but I've been browsing the Armani blogs and they worry me to be honest.

My biggest concern is my sides. The hair is slowly filling in this area but very very slowly. The back filled in very quickly but the area that he harvested from the sides is still noticeably lacking in hair.

I'd obviously love for the redness to be gone, but I think I have another couple of weeks.

Abe

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

hi Abe,

thanks for the updates!!!

if i were you, i wouldn't worry so much at this point and time. sides look like they are going through some shock loss. just ride it out for few more months and don't stress too much about Armani's results. Umar is not Armani and vice versa.

placebo effect or murphy's law is important at times like this icon_wink.gif

cheers

Acrobaz - Thanks! Looks like you will have a great result as well. I've been keeping an eye on your progress, thanks for all the updates.

Tootall - I'm not using anything. My doc said not to use anything except the minox that he gave us. I'll shoot him an email today and ask again.

Abe

My Hair Loss Website

Leeson,

I was using it directly on the recip area, over the last week I've switched to putting it behind the recip area in hopes to not aggravate the redness any more.

This is truly the worst part of a transplant. Maybe because of the density of the fue it will remain red longer?

Abe

My Hair Loss Website

Thanks Abe,

I'm still in the worst phase now. Hey, hopefully things can only start to get better.

Like I said before you got the 3K grafts, that it didn't look like you needed that many, b/c your loss wasn't bad. You are definetly going to have some nice, dense results.

P.S. Don't let those Armani post worry you. I saw a patient's log that went to Dr. Wong and had almost 100% shock loss in the recipient area and it all grew back in after 2-3 months.

Abe- thanks for the update.

That shockloss truly stinks!! At the one month mark is when I also began to see the same shockloss (although not nearly as much) on my sides in terms of the strip scar. It definitely took a while to come back unfortunately...but it will.

I would look into trying some all natural aloe vera or even vitamin e a couple of hours before showering in the evening. And maybe not wash the recipient site as often if you are shampooing twice a day. I found that these things helped a little.

It will get better

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

I 3rd not to worry vis a vis Armani....he's a total clown and the evidence of his clownery has been all over the place for a while now if you've been in the right place at the right time.

That Wong patient Leeson mentioned is a great example for people going through shockloss, too; he had the most vicious shockloss I've ever seen, but is a showcase for what will inevitably happen when going to a good doc...it'll all grow back sooner rather than later.

Your redness and shockloss is on the strong side, but still totally normal. If anything, IMO, the added shockloss and redness looks *less* like an HT and more like some benign sorta allergic reaction! icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• 2 weeks later...

Great blog pictures, I like Dr. Umar's work. I will be watching your updates as well, I'm sure you will be happy with your result. You look like you have superb donor and will have a nice thick mane. Very smart to do FUE with Dr. Umar, you should be looking good. A little surprised that you didnt use something like Hydrocortisone on the redness if this was a concern of yours, and I see that the temple points are not necessarily easy to conceal under a hat. Did the redness finally subside?

Abe:

the last time i check, your doctor is Umar, not the other FUE doctor,so stop worrying. A month is early, the redness will be gone. It is good that you stop minox at the recipient area. Personally, i would stop minox everywhere as i don't believe in it anyway.

Thank for the update, and good luck with the growth phase.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley