Dr. Khan Pekiner FUE hair transplant 3015 grafts

Mo1brag

I don't understand why everyone is bashing him for doing a hair transplant at this age, he was on finasteride for one year with good results and according to most studies he has a very good chance to halt any further hair loss for 10+ years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blane123 said:

I don't understand why everyone is bashing him for doing a hair transplant at this age, he was on finasteride for one year with good results and according to most studies he has a very good chance to halt any further hair loss for 10+ years.

I didn’t even realize the OP was 20…yeah that’s a poor move on the doctors part imo. If you look at the 10 year fin study in detail it actually shows that younger patients and lower Norwood’s actually had the poorest response. I’m not saying this is what will happen in this case but just looking at the numbers.

from my personal experience, I 100% lost ground at my hairline when I compare my hair between the ages of 20 to 30 all the while being medicated and even adding in minoxidil. Hair loss is progressive. Usually, if it starts early, the more aggressive it will be.

Why wouldn't he have a transplant at 20? Having noticeable hair loss throughout your twenties which is the prime years of your life would be horrible. Maybe in his early thirties it will become noticeable if the loss progresses from now but by then hair loss is common for that age. He's living his best life while he can

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

I didn’t even realize the OP was 20…yeah that’s a poor move on the doctors part imo. If you look at the 10 year fin study in detail it actually shows that younger patients and lower Norwood’s actually had the poorest response. I’m not saying this is what will happen in this case but just looking at the numbers.

from my personal experience, I 100% lost ground at my hairline when I compare my hair between the ages of 20 to 30 all the while being medicated and even adding in minoxidil. Hair loss is progressive. Usually, if it starts early, the more aggressive it will be.

Yes, the younger you are, the more agressive your hairloss will probably be but the studies on finasteride tell that it works best on people with lower norwoods so i don't know which study you have looked at but that is wrong.

In my opinion OP should start looking for a more aggressive protocol like dutasteride, oral minoxidil and maybe a topical anti androgen. Because he does have extremely aggressive hairloss. Start with an aggressive protocol and keep your eye out for newer treatments. And i know blablabla we said 10 years ago there would be a cure but here are a lot of new promising treatments in the pipeline right now. (Pyrilutamide, GT20026, Verteporfin,...)

Your hairloss would have probably been waaaay worse if you didn't start medication and you always could have started with more effective treatments and maybe that would have stopped your hairloss dead in its tracks.

There are so many people that started a hair loss prevention protocol in their early twenties and stopped their hairloss from getting worse for a long time. Look at Derek from mpmd, Kevin Mann, MGK and Ashton Kutcher for example. They either kept all if not most of their hair when starting treatment or even got regrowth are still maintaining that regrowth.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

19 minutes ago, kingo said:

Yes, the younger you are, the more agressive your hairloss will probably be but the studies on finasteride tell that it works best on people with lower norwoods so i don't know which study you have looked at but that is wrong.

In my opinion OP should start looking for a more aggressive protocol like dutasteride, oral minoxidil and maybe a topical anti androgen. Because he does have extremely aggressive hairloss. Start with an aggressive protocol and keep your eye out for newer treatments. And i know blablabla we said 10 years ago there would be a cure but here are a lot of new promising treatments in the pipeline right now. (Pyrilutamide, GT20026, Verteporfin,...)

Your hairloss would have probably been waaaay worse if you didn't start medication and you always could have started with more effective treatments and maybe that would have stopped your hairloss dead in its tracks.

There are so many people that started a hair loss prevention protocol in their early twenties and stopped their hairloss from getting worse for a long time. Look at Derek from mpmd, Kevin Mann, MGK and Ashton Kutcher for example. They either kept all if not most of their hair when starting treatment or even got regrowth are still maintaining that regrowth.

And if it all still doesn't work out you can get a transplant with Pradeep Sethi, Zarev or Pitella and get SMP. Keep a short buzzcut. Atleast this way it still frames your goddamn face.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kingo said:

This is my last post on this subject as I don’t want to hijack OPs thread.

you’re probably referencing the Japanese 10 year study which overall had older participants and only grouped by norwood level. The Rossi et al study actually blocked by age and norwood level on several statistics. It showed that younger norwood 2-3s had poorer response even compared to older norwood 5s over the long term.

On 10/29/2022 at 5:17 AM, Spring15 said:

Why wouldn't he have a transplant at 20? Having noticeable hair loss throughout your twenties which is the prime years of your life would be horrible. Maybe in his early thirties it will become noticeable if the loss progresses from now but by then hair loss is common for that age. He's living his best life while he can

Yeah you hit the nail on the head. First time in a while that I have checked this Thread and I notice There is some discussion about whether or not I should have had the transplant at 20. I am aware that I can lose more hair in the future. I am Also aware that I can stop responding to treatment with finasteride and honestly I dont care. Up until this point everything is going great and treatment with fin/min has grown more hairs in the last couple of months than I have had in years. I want to have hair in my twenties and while Im young, if I happen to lose it again when im older so be it. I appreciate the discussion and Im in no way trying to cash anyone. Just want to speak my mind on the matter. Also Probably going to try dutasteride since finasteride has given me zero sides.

• 3 weeks later...

4 months

Hi, just wanted to give an update on my hair a little over 4 months post op, 4 months and 5 days to be exact. Im so happy with my hair already and I think this month is when it will hopefully start growing the most : )

A160D26E-F6CD-46C6-98A0-22A6C220B228.thumb.jpeg.1add649984f8584762240c57f1950627.jpegBB9C0EB2-2B47-4923-896E-951F6DCBAB34.thumb.jpeg.5056acb33f3e9c96abeb319409443585.jpeg248D68BA-E9B6-4AAF-A7EE-BE25F84DF502.thumb.jpeg.b8b902c16ed4bf7edf887811c7b76ffb.jpeg

Edited by Mo1brag
  • Like 2

Update

I just combed my hair backwards and holy, didn’t even realize how much it has grown because I always have my hair flat pressed forward. No products in my hair1304BBC7-1DD5-4EBA-8147-A9A20A3F0603.thumb.jpeg.b92b39d4341b2646420d1323bfd41c90.jpeg19003FA2-38ED-4CB9-9DC3-E344B2104FC9.thumb.jpeg.61da99a515728353c19ae6479ea9cd7b.jpegBDAC2859-9DCF-4FC9-8B50-29B782D1B103.thumb.jpeg.6dbed429614f6f9e747ff20bfb4bf26f.jpeg

Edited by Mo1brag
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Mo1brag said:

Update

I just combed my hair backwards and holy, didn’t even realize how much it has grown because I always have my hair flat pressed forward. No products in my hair1304BBC7-1DD5-4EBA-8147-A9A20A3F0603.thumb.jpeg.b92b39d4341b2646420d1323bfd41c90.jpeg19003FA2-38ED-4CB9-9DC3-E344B2104FC9.thumb.jpeg.61da99a515728353c19ae6479ea9cd7b.jpegBDAC2859-9DCF-4FC9-8B50-29B782D1B103.thumb.jpeg.6dbed429614f6f9e747ff20bfb4bf26f.jpeg

The result is already awesome..Dr pekiner seems to be one of the best clinics, in which doctor does all the procedure by himself.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gramatik said:

The result is already awesome..Dr pekiner seems to be one of the best clinics, in which doctor does all the procedure by himself.

Thank you! Yeah I agree, im no expert but Ive done my research and he is 100% the best in Turkey.

Hello Dear,

i am loving your results and i am pretty sure you will make it and have the thickest hair ever.

I gotta a question for u if you don’t mind 

from the time you have reached to their clinc, can you explain the time line of the process and how long it took you to do the operation 

i have reached out to them and answered questions + shared pictures but I haven’t heard from them yet

i just want to to know the time line from your first massage to them to when you did the operation 

On 11/27/2022 at 6:54 PM, Welly1748 said:

Hello Dear,

i am loving your results and i am pretty sure you will make it and have the thickest hair ever.

I gotta a question for u if you don’t mind 

from the time you have reached to their clinc, can you explain the time line of the process and how long it took you to do the operation 

i have reached out to them and answered questions + shared pictures but I haven’t heard from them yet

i just want to to know the time line from your first massage to them to when you did the operation 

Hello and thanks for the kind words.

To answer your question I contacted the clinic in april and was actually schedueled for the operation on May. 5th. However because of some problems on my side I had to cancel the operation so that is why I had to postpone the date until the 28th of july. This was my fault entirely and not the clinics fault. If you are as lucky as me you can have operation in 1 month but that all depends on how many appointments Dr. Pekiner has available as it probably varies. In my experience they will Give you a date very quickly