can you make payments on a hair transplant?

Of course you can. It's just like any other expensive consumer good or service. Most ordinary people don't have $10k+ cash they can throw down instantly. 

I suggest opening a brand new credit card with 0% APR and putting all the cost on there. Then its basically like having a 0% interest loan for 12-15 months, or whatever the terms are. 

Plus going the credit card route you can get 2% back on your purchase (or whatever the rewards look like)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, demezz2 said:

im just curious, for a transplant in the united states can you make payments on it or do you need cash?

or, can you use a credit card and make payments on the credit card?

Yes, there's carecredit and lending club. Most offer 12 - 24 months 0 interest. Check those out. 

• Like 1

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

2 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Of course you can. It's just like any other expensive consumer good or service. Most ordinary people don't have $10k+ cash they can throw down instantly. 

I suggest opening a brand new credit card with 0% APR and putting all the cost on there. Then its basically like having a 0% interest loan for 12-15 months, or whatever the terms are. 

Plus going the credit card route you can get 2% back on your purchase (or whatever the rewards look like)

tbh i never thought about it until now and was getting ready to save up 😭 glad i know this, thanks guys

• Like 1

Some companies may offer it, but usually you may need to go to a finance company/bank to apply for a loan and repayment agreement. I know hair transplants can be pricey when you go to the right place and want the best but i think this is also another important reason why men should save as much hair as they can with medication because its more cost effective and nothing will ever touch your natural hair for density. 

Also, i would seriously recommend young guys to save up funds for these exact sort of things. I know people have a budget, but i've never understood the "I have X money, i'm willing to that and only that, but i'm happy to wait a year or more for the right surgeon". Then why the hell aren't you able to increase your budget too if really necessary to open up potentially even better options? 

That said, guys need to realise if the adage "You get what you pay for" applies and should be strongly considered on anything. These things, going for cosmetic procedures or surgery for your health is something you should NEVER skimp on!

• Like 2

I don't really know about lending/leasing but i have heard some places let you pay with credit card. I think a lot of them ask for bank transfers which is lame.

If you are given a choice and you can afford to pay for your transplant in straight cash (homie), use a credit card and max out the welcome bonus for a specific card. It'll be pretty exciting getting an additional 20k or 30k points on top of a hefty welcome bonus

29 minutes ago, deeznuts said:

I don't really know about lending/leasing but i have heard some places let you pay with credit card. I think a lot of them ask for bank transfers which is lame.

If you are given a choice and you can afford to pay for your transplant in straight cash (homie), use a credit card and max out the welcome bonus for a specific card. It'll be pretty exciting getting an additional 20k or 30k points on top of a hefty welcome bonus

that’s dope i didn’t realize credit cards did that, thanks

2 minutes ago, demezz2 said:

that’s dope i didn’t realize credit cards did that, thanks

You'll have to do some research but just about every credit card (that isn't complete garbage) comes with some sort of points program that rewards you for using them. I heard it's pretty crazy in the states some of the rewards they have.

Like if you get 2 points per dollar spent on your hair transplant and you transplant is 20k, then you just got 400 bucks back assuming you get 1 cent per point. There's really no reason not to have a solid card to get some $ back or maybe get some free vacations

3 hours ago, deeznuts said:

You'll have to do some research but just about every credit card (that isn't complete garbage) comes with some sort of points program that rewards you for using them. I heard it's pretty crazy in the states some of the rewards they have.

Like if you get 2 points per dollar spent on your hair transplant and you transplant is 20k, then you just got 400 bucks back assuming you get 1 cent per point. There's really no reason not to have a solid card to get some $ back or maybe get some free vacations

yeah fr, i just have to find a good credit card to use

• Moderators
13 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

That's what I did. I got a card with 0% interest for a year. I put the cost of the HT on another card first and got the cash back, then transferred it to the 0% interest card and paid that off over the next year. Once I got it paid off they actually offered me the same 0% interest for a year deal on the same card, so I did the same thing for the next HT.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Demezz22,

While most hair transplant clinics themselves don’t offer financing, they usually work with or have recommendations on banks that will provide financing for your procedure.   That way, the hair transplant clinic is still paid in full prior to the patient undergoing surgery but the patient can make regular monthly payments. Obviously, eligibility will be determined based on credit, income, etc.  

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 7/31/2022 at 4:37 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

This is the best way to go, I agree. 

Only some people will be able to open a new credit card and get $10k line right away though. Unless you have very established and very high credit, CLs start much lower. 

Just be careful about using credit cards.

Make sure the credit card doesn't charge for international transactions, most do. And some clinics charge a fee for not paying cash, I've heard up to 5% or so.

But yes, if the clinic accepts credit cards and you have good credit, look for the cards with incentives. Like 60,000 bonus points.