Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

I got back from Dr. Mohebi’s. It went well, showed him the Google doc made by @Fox243 he’s agreed to do the trial. He’s very scientific, he has a background in scar research from John Hopkins. I’ve agreed to film every update. Very excited boys 🙏 it was worth the holiday traffic.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Well Done 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I got back from Dr. Mohebi’s. It went well, showed him the Google doc made by @Fox243 he’s agreed to do the trial. He’s very scientific, he has a background in scar research from John Hopkins. I’ve agreed to film every update. Very excited boys 🙏 it was worth the holiday traffic.

🐐 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

mvp

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tatasabaya said:

Wow that's great news. I remember him being very skeptical about Verteporfin around 4 months ago. The fact that he's starting a trial now is very encouraging! Even more so given his background.

Thank you Melvin.

This and the fact that he appararently rejected the Acell / PRP hype due to lack of scientific evidence is encouraging. If somebody who has seen hypes and trends for what they were is willing to try vp, that means that he perceives the update of dr. Barghouthi and dr. Bloxham as more than just hype. 

Given his seniority and prominence in the HT-scene, it is clear that he has very little to gain from this experiment except for a way to get better results. I think this helps to convince other doctors and to legitimize the experiments in their eyes.

Great work again by Melvin.

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Square1 said:

This and the fact that he appararently rejected the Acell / PRP hype due to lack of scientific evidence is encouraging. If somebody who has seen hypes and trends for what they were is willing to try vp, that means that he perceives the update of dr. Barghouthi and dr. Bloxham as more than just hype. 

Given his seniority and prominence in the HT-scene, it is clear that he has very little to gain from this experiment except for a way to get better results. I think this helps to convince other doctors and to legitimize the experiments in their eyes.

Great work again by Melvin.

Exactly. The only thing he has to gain is to help his patients. I’m excited to share the interview with you guys. Hopefully, after thanksgiving. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, ClarkKent77 said:

If Verteporfin ends up working, I think we should get Melvin a Knighthood.

I’m honestly just one guy who is persistent 😅 this community collectively will take the credit. 

• Like 3

View my thread

I recently visited Dr Ferreira's clinic for a consultation and we got chatting about experimental procedures etc and I mentioned Verteporfin, he said he is following it closely but at this stage it's not something he is willing to trial on his patients unfortunately... I would've been more than happy be a test subject!

Anyway he did say he is not dismissing it but it needs more research before he would personally consider using it in his practice.

I regret not showing the Google doc, I wasn't aware it existed otherwise I would have!

Edited by Ccd99
  • Like 1
  • Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023 - - link to thread documenting my pre-hair restoration journey
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Sept 2024 -  - approx. 3500 grafts to frontal third - thread to be created
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - TBD - - approx. 2500 grafts to mid-scalp and vertex - thread to be created

1 minute ago, Hypogastric said:

@Melvin- Admin @Fox243or anyone else for that matter - do you guys have any idea when pitella is planning a trial - any luck on getting verteporforin sourced to him - he’d be a very good surgeon to get onboard due to his fantastic high Norwood cases and repair surgeries. 

It’s quite hard to source Verteporfin in brazil so been having trouble there. 

Edited by Fox243

18 minutes ago, Hypogastric said:

Ahh that’s a shame. Anyways in which we could help?
is his trial still onboard / being planned or is it scrapped due to verteprofin sourcing problems.

If you could find reliable providers to source to him, that would be the greatest help. 

2 hours ago, Fox243 said:

If you could find reliable providers to source to him, that would be the greatest help. 

What about med chem express - I don’t know if they have been mentioned before but they are very reliable - my university lab has used them for other pharmaceuticals before. They are pretty reliable and their verteporforin has been used in research before and been published in papers(for optical macular degradation  ).

also they ship pretty much anywhere.

https://www.medchemexpress.com/Verteporfin.html

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ccd99 said:

I recently visited Dr Ferreira's clinic for a consultation and we got chatting about experimental procedures etc and I mentioned Verteporfin, he said he is following it closely but at this stage it's not something he is willing to trial on his patients unfortunately... I would've been more than happy be a test subject!

Anyway he did say he is not dismissing it but it needs more research before he would personally consider using it in his practice.

I regret not showing the Google doc, I wasn't aware it existed otherwise I would have!

It could be sent retrospectively?

13 hours ago, Hypogastric said:

What about med chem express - I don’t know if they have been mentioned before but they are very reliable - my university lab has used them for other pharmaceuticals before. They are pretty reliable and their verteporforin has been used in research before and been published in papers(for optical macular degradation  ).

also they ship pretty much anywhere.

https://www.medchemexpress.com/Verteporfin.html

Unfortunately, I reached out again and it seems like he is no longer interested because he thinks running a trial in this fashion is too risky. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Im actually here for scars said:

It could be sent retrospectively?

I will mention it next time I speak to him, it just so happens that I am going ahead to book my surgery with him so I'll definitely pass it on during my next correspondence with the clinic.

Edited by Ccd99
  • Thanks 1
  • Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023 - - link to thread documenting my pre-hair restoration journey
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Sept 2024 -  - approx. 3500 grafts to frontal third - thread to be created
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - TBD - - approx. 2500 grafts to mid-scalp and vertex - thread to be created

On 11/14/2023 at 7:08 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

BIG UPDATE:

I'm on the phone with Bausch + Lomb, the makers of Visudyne. 

I'm trying to get a bottle sent to Dr. Mohebi; he is interested in doing a trial now. I will also contact AmerisourceBergen to try and get this sourced to Dr. Pittella.

Hi, when you were on the phone with Bausch and Lomb, did they give any new insight into how the production problem is and when it should be ending?

1 hour ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

Any ideas about which surgeons in the UK might be the best option for us to approach and ask if they will do a Verteporfin FUE test?

I have no idea. 

What I do know is that just inquiring about verteporfin is already good for the cause. The more docs hear about vert, the more they will get interested in following the developments and the higher the chance they eventually are willing to try / use it. 

On 11/22/2023 at 2:49 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Exactly. The only thing he has to gain is to help his patients. I’m excited to share the interview with you guys. Hopefully, after thanksgiving. 

Hey @Melvin- Admin, thanks a lot for the efforts !
Can't wait to see the interview.