Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

5 minutes ago, takuma said:

that's a good question... that's why it's important that we test it for that, not just hair transplants. Because this could be a revolutionary hair loss cure even without a transplant, but we won't know if it's not tested

This idea seems far fetched though that it just “restarts” your skin/hair wherever it’s injected. We should reserve the testing for the more reasonable ideas for now. 

17 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

This idea seems far fetched though that it just “restarts” your skin/hair wherever it’s injected. We should reserve the testing for the more reasonable ideas for now. 

i understand the skepticism , i am skeptical too...but didn't Dr Bargouthi also say he wanted to test verteporfin on the recipient area, if he does so, i think he should create a superficial wound before injecting the verteporfin to see if that Creates new follicles or brings back robust terminal hair

5 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

How legit is this site? I don’t think we want to do trials on something that could potentially be underdosed or fake. 

So yeah it’s tough – these are all research chemical sites (After doing more research, I’d actually recommend using this one: https://www.targetmol.com/compound/Verteporfin – it was used by someone else in another group I am). Ideally, we’d get either brand name visudyne from Bausch or Verteporfin from a compounding pharmacy. But otherwise, these sites are usually pretty good when their purity is high.

Edited by Fox243

21 hours ago, Fox243 said:

I don't think it'd work with microneedling tbh -- it probably needs to be injected after an excision b/c of its molecular weight. There's another GB going on for a new compound (GNE-7883) that could work with microneedling. Either way, if you still wanted to try with verteporfin, I'd actually buy from here: https://www.targetmol.com/compound/Verteporfin (better purity and has been tested by an individual in a group I am in) and 10 mg should be enough if you assume 0.4 mg/cm^2 and a 200 cm^2 wounding area. 

@Fox243 can you explain calculation ?
How is 10mg enough for 200 cm2 ?

11 minutes ago, sansi said:

Is it 80 mg (200x0.4) ? How to calculate ?

Dr. Bloxham's 15mg vial was enough for 3 patients.

It’s not 80 mg because we don’t take FUE extractions from every cm^2. It’s also a FUE so probably requires more than an FUT. I had based the initial 10 mg figure on Dr. Bloxham’s trial. Probably ordering like 50 mg or something to be safe. It’s not that expensive so better to order more than less. 

2 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

It’s not 80 mg because we don’t take FUE extractions from every cm^2. It’s also a FUE so probably requires more than an FUT. I had based the initial 10 mg figure on Dr. Bloxham’s trial. Probably ordering like 50 mg or something to be safe. It’s not that expensive so better to order more than less. 

So is it correct to calculate per wound cm2 not per total area ? I guess that's tricky with FUE, in case of linear scar you have an area that is all wound.

1 ora fa, JackDig ha detto:

Ciao Melvin, pensi di poter chiedere al dottor Zarev cosa pensa della Verteporfina? Sarei sicuramente curioso di sapere la sua opinione sull'argomento. 

It is not positive in use, I read a comment of his under an Instagram post and it was not favorable in use.
I think it's normal, he has developed a pioneering way of extracting which manages to extract 60% more than many others leaving the donnor in very good condition!
With Vetrolina his advantage would be eliminated.

Edited by hair_forever

• Administrators
2 hours ago, JackDig said:

Hello Melvin, do you think you could ask Dr Zarev what he thinks about Verteporfin ? I would definitely be curious about his opinion on the topic. 

He doesn’t intend or feel he needs to use it because he can extract enough grafts for his patients.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Have a procedure with Dr.Zarev in the upcoming year, am very interested in verteporfin treatment. I'm wondering since he doesn't intend to use it for his patients as of now..... would there be anyway to add it to my treatment. My thought is even if you are the best surgeon in the world and the treatment does show results, never hurts to minimize the scaring even further and potentially grow some donor hair back. (I have messaged him about it, got no reply)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sansi said:

I think this case didn't get proper attention. This guy healed scarless after burn injury with verteporfin.
https://www.realself.com/review/scarless-after-verteporfin-injected-scar-revision#media-entry-1374536-video-76612

With just a couple of pictures and a 6 seconds video, it is hard to get the context.  If it is indeed true that that injury is healed like it seemd it is, it is impressive. Is there regrowth though?

15 minutes ago, Van said:

Have a procedure with Dr.Zarev in the upcoming year, am very interested in verteporfin treatment. I'm wondering since he doesn't intend to use it for his patients as of now..... would there be anyway to add it to my treatment. My thought is even if you are the best surgeon in the world and the treatment does show results, never hurts to minimize the scaring even further and potentially grow some donor hair back. (I have messaged him about it, got no reply)

I wouldn't get an procedure done without verteporfin at this point...I don't wanna lose my donor hair 

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 hours ago, takuma said:

I wouldn't get an procedure done without verteporfin at this point...I don't wanna lose my donor hair 

I think that’s extreme at this point. There’s not enough data yet. Hair transplants are tried and tested.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I think that’s extreme at this point. There’s not enough data yet. Hair transplants are tried and tested.

I don’t think it’s extreme personally. We know that Verteporfin isn’t harmful and does something – maybe not full regeneration, but at least less scarring and partial regeneration. 

None of the literature demonstrates Verteporfin can heal old scars so imagine you get a HT without Verteporfin. Then it’s possible you ruin your only chance at hair regeneration and are forced to take meds and have a conservative look for the rest of your life when if you wait for Verteporfin, there’s a chance you could be nw1 without any meds

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

I don’t think it’s extreme personally. We know that Verteporfin isn’t harmful and does something – maybe not full regeneration, but at least less scarring and partial regeneration. 

None of the literature demonstrates Verteporfin can heal old scars so imagine you get a HT without Verteporfin. Then it’s possible you ruin your only chance at hair regeneration and are forced to take meds and have a conservative look for the rest of your life when if you wait for Verteporfin, there’s a chance you could be nw1 without any meds

I agree. If you got the money to spare, I see no reason why not. Plus you are contributing to science if you document everything well. 

Hope it does something for old scars too btw, or that you can remove transplanted hair with (partial) regeneration. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

Melvin you say this because you used like 99% of your donor hair lol

Hey, I wouldn't say that. Melvin has been so helpful to our efforts and I'm gracious for all the work he's done so far.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

Hey, I wouldn't say that. Melvin has been so helpful to our efforts and I'm gracious for all the work he's done so far.

Lol I was trying to have some playful banter but realized that’ll probably look bad online over text.

• Like 1

Evidence so far shows that it is very likely verteporfin will work on a fresh wound no matter if there was a scar before or not. But of course its better to have with HT, as a scar revision will be another surgery, another recovery period, extra money and risks.

10 hours ago, Fox243 said:

This is exactly how I feel too. And anyone who wears their hair really long, say shoulder length or more, would benefit hugely from verteporfin. Mainly because verteporfin may allow for much higher densities in the recipient area, instead of the illusion of density at 40-50% native density. The illusion of density only holds up with short or slicked back hair. If you wear your hair really long, it doesn't look very good unless you're reasonably close to native density. The parting would be too see-through, and the tresses that frame your face too thin.

If verteporfin HTs really do allow for unlimited donor, and become available, I'll take out a second mortgage on my house and not stop getting HTs until my hair looks like one of the members of Rust in Peace era Megadeth:

image.png.e5d257fafb5c3c8ce25188bf189e8b81.png

Edited by alopeciaphobia
  • Like 3