Surgeon recommendations based on budget & location

Hi everyone, I'm 28 years old with a hairline that requires roughly 1500 grafts. I have no balding on the crown whatsoever, just the same NW3 hairline that my 70 year old father has. Temple recession + large forehead.

I understand that specific price discussions for specific surgeons is not usually done here, but I was hoping to get some recommendations based on my budget and location.

Here are the key factors: 

Grafts wanted: 1500 with FUE (preferably with unshaven recipient area)

Budget: £3000-£3500 (€3500-€4000) 

Thank you kindly in advance for any advice :)

JMO

Edited by jmo

• Administrators

Never base your choice on cost or location. Can you share some pictures? You state you need 1,500 grafts but that sounds too low. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

20 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Never base your choice on cost or location. Can you share some pictures? You state you need 1,500 grafts but that sounds too low. 

Hi Melvin, not comfortable sharing pictures but it is similar to Harry Styles hairline, just the temples are about 15% more receded than his. 

I have been advised between 1200 and 1800 grafts by surgeons in London, however they are too expensive. 

The most I could stretch to is probably £4000 which I feel is reasonable for this number of grafts, however I appreciate your point about not basing decision on price. "Do nothing" is certainly an option.

I think it’s feasible to get close to that with a doctor that charge 3 euro a graft. I forgot the price of the Spanish or Portuguese doctors but I’d look there first 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

Budget is too low

Let's say I stretched it to £4000, would that really be unrealistic for 1500-1800 grafts with a reputable surgeon?

Thanks for your response 

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, jmo said:

Hi Melvin, not comfortable sharing pictures but it is similar to Harry Styles hairline, just the temples are about 15% more receded than his. 

I have been advised between 1200 and 1800 grafts by surgeons in London, however they are too expensive. 

The most I could stretch to is probably £4000 which I feel is reasonable for this number of grafts, however I appreciate your point about not basing decision on price. "Do nothing" is certainly an option.

Do nothing. Here's the truth, you don't have a lot of hair loss, you need the hairline to be VERY DENSE, to match your native density. In my opinion, 1,500 grafts won't be enough. The quality surgeons in Europe charge 3 euros per graft, I would say Harry Sytles needs 2000 grafts, which is more like $6k. If I were in your shoes I would do nothing. You can conceal it with styling.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

29 minutes ago, jmo said:

I don't understand peoples shyness around sharing pictures. Like if you come here for advice you kind of need to help us help you. Trust me your future GF is not going to discover your HT based on blanked out pictures of your eyebrows and hairlines when she's inexplicably searching around HT forums. 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli
  • Like 4

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I don't understand peoples shyness around sharing pictures. Like if you come here for advice you kind of need to help us help you. Trust me your future GF is not going to discover your HT based on blanked out pictures of your eyebrows and hairlines when she's inexplicably searching around HT forums. 

If someone finds you on this forum, they are searching for the same thing.

• Like 2

View my thread

Good quality surgeons under 3eur/graft are HDC, Mwamba, HLC, Pinto, Pekiner. Maybe wait 1 more year and try to save some more, other than surgeon fees you also have plane tickets, accommodation, food and drinks. 4k eur is a very tight budget.

Edited by nicoandgello
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Marko7t4 said:

If you can save up to £4500, Dr Arshad at TheHairDr clinic in Leeds is £3 per graft. I know it’s more than your current budget, but you’d save on air fares, hotels, etc. 

is he any good? don’t mean to be ignorant 

On 7/22/2022 at 1:50 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Do nothing. Here's the truth, you don't have a lot of hair loss, you need the hairline to be VERY DENSE, to match your native density. In my opinion, 1,500 grafts won't be enough. The quality surgeons in Europe charge 3 euros per graft, I would say Harry Sytles needs 2000 grafts, which is more like $6k. If I were in your shoes I would do nothing. You can conceal it with styling.

This. If you get some average tier doc to give you a low density result you’ll end up looking worse and unnatural all in one go. Either pony up to get a doc that will dense pack (NW3 generally requires 2000+ grafts) or don’t do it at all