Need help deciding between Dr. Nader (Mexico) and Dr. Bicer (turkey)

Hi everybody! I feel like I have learned so much reading threads on this forum and I’m so happy to have found this resource. I’m hoping to get a HT in the near future and I think I’ve narrowed my search down to Nader and Bicer - they seem to do about the same caliber of work for about the same price range.  I think I’m in between a 3 and a 3 vertex on the Norwood scale + some general thinning on the top. Hoping restore the Loss in my temples and lower my overall hairline a bit in addition to filling in the crown and adding density to the top. Im located in Los Angeles so going down to Dr. Nader would definitely be more convenient but I’m willing to travel farther if we think dr. Bicer would be a better fit for my situation.  Looking forward to seeing what everyone has to say :)

• Administrators

They’re both good doctors. I suggest looking at reviews and asking past patients. It’s up to you to do your due diligence and research each. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I literally just completed my HT from Dr Bicer yesterday (FUE). Had a great experience. Dr Bicer and her staff were very accommodating. I plan on posting about it once I get home to the states.

Obviously too early for results but from the planning to the procedure itself, was very impressed and comfortable. I had never been to Istanbul and was more nervous about travel/food/lodging than the surgey itself lol. But her staff helps you get set up, they took care of a lot for me with hotel and airport transfer reservations. 

After interviewing with a few doctors here in the states, what ultimately led me to take the plunge was her openness and overall feel of “honesty”. Other doctors seemed to push one type of procedure over another or one hairline vs the one I wanted, etc. and while I respect their opinions, I felt they were pushing what was easier for them to do rather than what I wanted. Dr Bicer was honest about what to expect during the surgery and post op (positive or negative) and worked with me to accommodate my questions, concerns, and preferences. I was the only surgery booked that day (she is not a hair mill) and she puts the focus on me vs some of the other stories I have read here about other clinics that push quantity over quality.

Best advice given to me that I pass along to you, do your research! Google, reddit, and of course here. Go on multiple consultations to compare and get a feel. Everyone’s situation is different.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Steve B said:

I literally just completed my HT from Dr Bicer yesterday (FUE). Had a great experience. Dr Bicer and her staff were very accommodating. I plan on posting about it once I get home to the states.

Obviously too early for results but from the planning to the procedure itself, was very impressed and comfortable. I had never been to Istanbul and was more nervous about travel/food/lodging than the surgey itself lol. But her staff helps you get set up, they took care of a lot for me with hotel and airport transfer reservations. 

After interviewing with a few doctors here in the states, what ultimately led me to take the plunge was her openness and overall feel of “honesty”. Other doctors seemed to push one type of procedure over another or one hairline vs the one I wanted, etc. and while I respect their opinions, I felt they were pushing what was easier for them to do rather than what I wanted. Dr Bicer was honest about what to expect during the surgery and post op (positive or negative) and worked with me to accommodate my questions, concerns, and preferences. I was the only surgery booked that day (she is not a hair mill) and she puts the focus on me vs some of the other stories I have read here about other clinics that push quantity over quality.

Best advice given to me that I pass along to you, do your research! Google, reddit, and of course here. Go on multiple consultations to compare and get a feel. Everyone’s situation is different.

Hope this helps.

Appreciate your response and your sage advice - she sounds incredible.  Out of curiosity, did you consult with Nader at all?

10 minutes ago, Royce said:

Appreciate your response and your sage advice - she sounds incredible.  Out of curiosity, did you consult with Nader at all?

I did not. I live in NYC so was really hoping to book something local. After consulting with 2 people here, I started expanding my search and ultimately chose to look in Istanbul for a few reasons:

-Affordability compared to the states. (The Euro and Lira conversions are very favorable from the US Dollar at the moment!)

-New place to visit (I spent a few extra days prior exploring and doing the touristy things). 
-Most of the research I did was easier to look up in Istanbul than other places. 

I have nothing against Mexico by any means and have heard great things. Like anywhere else, there are good experiences and not so great experiences wherever you go. I just happened down a path that led me here. 

Edited by Steve B
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Justshaveitbro said:

How many grafts are they saying you need?

I haven’t heard back from Nader yet but bicer said that I would need 3,000 to lower my hairline a bit, fill in my temples, and add density to my crown and top - she said I’ll likely have more hair loss because I’m only 29 so it would be wise to leave enough untouched in the donor area

C4A6F203-AE1C-4492-856A-DD2DFCDC13F2.jpeg

9743D24C-E2FB-48C1-AE4F-F0314F4DA651.jpeg

A50E0E30-0168-408F-BB23-BE52225CE084.jpeg

CD3649B9-C120-4645-BC4C-C47C5BB8B7BA.jpeg

EF74B61C-3448-409D-95C8-2239E972B597.jpeg

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Royce said:

I haven’t heard back from Nader yet but bicer said that I would need 3,000 to lower my hairline a bit, fill in my temples, and add density to my crown and top - she said I’ll likely have more hair loss because I’m only 29 so it would be wise to leave enough untouched in the donor area

C4A6F203-AE1C-4492-856A-DD2DFCDC13F2.jpeg

9743D24C-E2FB-48C1-AE4F-F0314F4DA651.jpeg

A50E0E30-0168-408F-BB23-BE52225CE084.jpeg

CD3649B9-C120-4645-BC4C-C47C5BB8B7BA.jpeg

EF74B61C-3448-409D-95C8-2239E972B597.jpeg

That’s a good conservative plan. I agree with it.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 minutes ago, Royce said:

Is couto in the same price range as Nader and bicer ?

He's 5 euro's per graft and has a long waiting list but he's one of the best, there's also bisanga in Belgium and de Freitas who like couto is in spain. They are all an upgrade on these surgeons. I don't know your budget, but looking at your hair condition, you can hold off and save up and go for more certainty with these doctors if your willing and get a better result. Also at 2.5 euro per graft, I personally think hlc in turkey is better than bicer, their best results exceed bicers, although bicer is consistent her results just never make you go wow in my opinion. She on the forums so-called "recommended list" so there obviously going to point you in that direction. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sukh123 said:

He's 5 euro's per graft and has a long waiting list but he's one of the best, there's also bisanga in Belgium and de Freitas who like couto is in spain. They are all an upgrade on these surgeons. I don't know your budget, but looking at your hair condition, you can hold off and save up and go for more certainty with these doctors if your willing and get a better result. Also at 2.5 euro per graft, I personally think hlc in turkey is better than bicer, their best results exceed bicers, although bicer is consistent her results just never make you go wow in my opinion. She on the forums so-called "recommended list" so there obviously going to point you in that direction. 

This is so so helpful - I def have much more research to do. Appreciate you taking the take to respond 

• 2 months later...
On 7/19/2022 at 2:43 PM, sukh123 said:

Curious what u think about Pekiner and where he stacks up? Same w path and laorwong ?

• 2 weeks later...

Just contact Dr. Bicer office per recommendation from this group.   The assistant Ozen told me that I may have retrograde alopecia (auto immune, not a suitable for HT)and my donor is too low and I need to see a dermatologist.  I feel like this is the first legit consultation that I have.  All others, from Smile Clinic to Estonove, Dr. Sarkan Aygin, and Bluemagic estimates vary so much from 2500 to 5000 grafts, make me skeptical.  I am going to see a dermatologist next week to confirm whether I have retrograde alopecia and save myself the trouble going to Turkey and have a fail HT.

@Royce

any reason why you shortlisted down to Dr. Nader & Dr. Bicer?  Did you also consider, for example, Eugenix (bansal) or Dr.Maras ?

Wonder what your process / criteria was in shortlisting to those two.

7 hours ago, Bhl said:

@Royce

any reason why you shortlisted down to Dr. Nader & Dr. Bicer?  Did you also consider, for example, Eugenix (bansal) or Dr.Maras ?

Wonder what your process / criteria was in shortlisting to those two.

I basically just wanted to find the best bang for my buck - while not comprising the quality of the HT. I’ve read probably every post about Nader on this forum and every other corner of the internet and I can’t find a single negative thing about him. I love that he spends an hour+ discussing your new hairline and he just seems like an overall quality guy and doctor. I would consider Dr. Freitas and couto now before bicer but they’re just out of range on what I’m willing to spend, and I like that I don’t have to go too far for nader.  

• Valued Contributor

I would choose Dr Bicer everyday of the week. I know I sound biased. I'm not. I just like the amount of time she has had on tissue, her qualifications and her manner. She works very hard to deliver the best she can and I like the results. 👌

On 10/8/2022 at 3:17 AM, Gatsby said:

I would choose Dr Bicer everyday of the week. I know I sound biased. I'm not. I just like the amount of time she has had on tissue, her qualifications and her manner. She works very hard to deliver the best she can and I like the results. 👌

Delete

Edited by shiba1985