How do I fix this TERRIBLE hair transplant?

I don't even want to say what's wrong with this because to me it seems so apparent. Can you guys spot it? I had a HT done 10 months ago by a "reputable" Istanbul Dr.. I stipulated that I only wanted a natural look, and was even OK with a more mature hairline. Instead of having a confidence boost it's been shattered. I'll admit I've had the darkest of thoughts at times.  

Any thoughts on whether this can be fixed and how?

20220624_162339.jpg

20220624_162349.jpg

20220624_162352.jpg

20220624_162345.jpg

20220624_162143.jpg

20220624_162317.jpg

20220402_195226.jpg

20220402_195258.jpg

20220402_195336.jpg

20220710_131316_copy_2918x2188.jpg

20220710_131310_copy_2918x2188.jpg

20220710_131304.jpg

• Administrators

A relatively simple fix would be to choose finer hairs to go camouflage the thicker hairs. For example, the hair on your nape is soft and fine, you can use this hair and the hair above your ears to go in the hairline to give it a softer appearance. I also think a couple more single haired grafts would help make it look softer. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

So I have many, many multiples in the first 3 rows of my hairline, even some triples in the first row. Would removing some of these and placing them further back be an option? The Dr. has been terrible in their communication but has reluctantly said they could just place single hair grafts 1mm to 2mm in front. I'm worried my hairline might be too low as it is. 

One more question, is it normal to have multiples in the 2nd and 3rd rows of the hairline? Because the office said it's completely fine to do that, but everything else I encounter says no. 

1.Nobody except for people in hair transplant forums think this hairline is unnatural, honestly it looks fine to all everyday people.

2.Some doubles or a couple of triples is acceptable if you dont go to a top level doctor but definitely not only doubles and triples on the hairline. Top spanish doctors(Lorenzo,Couto,Freitas) fill the transition zone with singles (first 0,3cm) and behind that thye put all the multiples.

3.If it annoys you that much you can remove the triples and put them further back and put singles in their place.

What is the height of the hairline from glabela?

The Dr with the same name as Turkey's President is reputable for his low hairlines 🤣

Edited by JimKan1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

it looks fairly natural to me...?

there's the transparency / lack of density on the front, but a 2nd pass would fix that real nice, or you can use concealers.

there are some multigrafts, but i don't think it look "pluggy".

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Easy enough to fix. Punch out some of the problem grafts and place them further back and implant more finer singles to soften up the the look. A few extra grafts in behind for a bit more density also and you're good to go.

You should name the clinic though. It helps no one to keep them anonymous.

What's the name of the clinic? Unless you are going back to them again or you signed an NDA in return for a refund, you seriously have no reason to keep it private.

Also, can you please take more normal pics that are not super zoomed in? It would be great to get a more holistic view of how your HT looks. 

• Like 3

Hi, the problem is the angle and direction of the grafts... it is a mess. Just like mine. It just sticks up.  Dark straight hair and pale skin... the contract.. big challenge, but it should still look acceptable and natural when done correctly

No idea why people are saying it looks natural. (probably the same people who accept Turkish results) 

This is clearly bothering you so lets find a solution

• Option 2 would be, if you plan of keeping your hair long, there is a straight forward fix for it:  Planting soft singles in front of the hairline and adding grafts to fill in all the gabs into the hairs behind
  • Option 2 would be, if you plan on keeping your hair shorter, you may have to remove 50-60 grafts from the frontal zone to re-implant them properly and recreate the whole hairline again with fresh grafts

24 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

What's the name of the clinic? Unless you are going back to them again or you signed an NDA in return for a refund, you seriously have no reason to keep it private.

Also, can you please take more normal pics that are not super zoomed in? It would be great to get a more holistic view of how your HT looks. 

Understood, I'm not trying to protect them at all. I will post an in-depth review soon as this is a very popular Dr. on these forums. As I'm speaking to them about a repair (though not looking like they want to own up to it or inspiring confidence that they truly want to fix it), I want that to be reflected in the review. 
20211001_121317.thumb.jpg.21b9ee387eba80f33e2951ef9d984bfe.jpg20210930_132827.thumb.jpg.e552231286a8acef59e273215afaccb4.jpg20220716_134735_copy_4500x6000.thumb.jpg.b606e423a4ef3647473ed0260d1d86b6.jpg20220716_134731_copy_4500x6000.thumb.jpg.436ed993f6c0002959bd4875a4397568.jpg20220716_134716_copy_4500x6000.thumb.jpg.188a66e27023733e8aac92e3305e30a6.jpg20220716_134616_copy_4500x6000.thumb.jpg.39487f468e7ad97f957289ccf1b3fcc4.jpg20220716_134947_copy_4500x6000.thumb.jpg.ff4b8ca942fc5363871a18db79408001.jpg20220716_134908_copy_4500x6000.thumb.jpg.41a1e4a4896b994a1a87d5a517247813.jpg20220716_134904_copy_4500x6000.thumb.jpg.f01b8c56518c3453ec4c03f29716ff84.jpg20220716_134857_copy_4500x6000.thumb.jpg.dc3ea8d5b7187a25d7acfe881665b9ec.jpg20220716_134811_copy_4500x6000.thumb.jpg.2c2a6bd6ac8174efafcc1fefa449c7cd.jpg
Here are some more images. Including a post op so you can see how they purposely overloaded my front with multiples. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Hi, the problem is the angle and direction of the grafts... it is a mess. Just like mine. It just sticks up.  Dark straight hair and pale skin... the contract.. big challenge, but it should still look acceptable and natural when done correctly

No idea why people are saying it looks natural. (probably the same people who accept Turkish results) 

This is clearly bothering you so lets find a solution

• Option 2 would be, if you plan of keeping your hair long, there is a straight forward fix for it:  Planting soft singles in front of the hairline and adding grafts to fill in all the gabs into the hairs behind
  • Option 2 would be, if you plan on keeping your hair shorter, you may have to remove 50-60 grafts from the frontal zone to re-implant them properly and recreate the whole hairline again with fresh grafts

Do you  know if this type of repair must be done in two sessions or can it be done in one? 

Just now, Konfue said:

Do you  know if this type of repair must be done in two sessions or can it be done in one? 

With the right clinic, it can be in one session.   Trust me you are not in a bad situation.  Just make sure you trust your donor area with the right doctor

1 hour ago, JimKan1 said:

1.Nobody except for people in hair transplant forums think this hairline is unnatural, honestly it looks fine to all everyday people.

2.Some doubles or a couple of triples is acceptable if you dont go to a top level doctor but definitely not only doubles and triples on the hairline. Top spanish doctors(Lorenzo,Couto,Freitas) fill the transition zone with singles (first 0,3cm) and behind that thye put all the multiples.

3.If it annoys you that much you can remove the triples and put them further back and put singles in their place.

What is the height of the hairline from glabela?

The Dr with the same name as Turkey's President is reputable for his low hairlines 🤣

Here is an image I had taken a few months back to show the distance. 

20220404_042318.jpg

On 7/16/2022 at 8:16 PM, Konfue said:

Here is an image I had taken a few months back to show the distance. 

20220404_042318.jpg

Looks about 6,5-7cm which isnt low, I would say anything above 6cm is acceptable for an adult

Edited by JimKan1

28 minutes ago, RTC said:

That doesn't look natural at all. It sucks. Way too sparse and crap hairlone.

But the good news OP is that it can be fixed if your donor has reserves left, can you show us your donor?

Left Donor is depleted, it's quite noticeable, but the right seems fine. I imagine they can also take fine hairs from right above the ear? 

20220329_013411.jpg

20220329_013341.jpg

20220329_013433.jpg

20220329_013436.jpg

Personally OP i think the fact you said it's a doctor who's popular on this forum makes me concerned with that type of hairline full of multiple grafts and barely any micro irregularities. 

I think you can probably get away with having a different clinic take fine single hairs and put them slightly in front and then reinforce behind to help with density. 

How many grafts was this in total? 

I also think if you measure your "thirds" it shouldn't massively alter them placing finer single hairs below that 6.5cm length or so if they still sit above your main frontalis muscles. 

It was 4300 grafts.

The question is, should I trust them with a repair? They've been so reluctant to even admit an issue and even downplay it. Trust me, the thicker and multiple grafts are more noticeable in person. 

They've stated that its most likely due to single hair grafts that were placed in front and did not grow.  Then they've stated that its "sleeping grafts" that seemed like singles under microscope and turned out to be doubles. Both of which are clearly not true and visibly so from my post op. Also, how can so many have been missed multiples? 

Edited by Konfue

1 hour ago, Konfue said:

The question is, should I trust them with a repair

never go to the same place for a repair....even if they offer it for free. 

For the 1st surgery, best case assume the doc and techs gave their A+ effort on you, and still came up short. Worst case they didn't give a sh*t about you and didn't put any effort into your surgery.

In either scenario - would you want to go back to the same clinic?

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 7

Greetings of the day @Konfue

It is not looking very natural, requires more single follicles in the front to make it look more soften and natural. Don't worry, Eugenix is well known for fixing hairlines and we have a lot of corrective-surgery satisfied patients. Our founder surgeons are renowned to provide natural looking hairlines and impeccable temple points.

To know more about in detail, pls drop a personalized message to me and I will be happy to arrange a video call with Dr. Arika Bansal. 

Regards,

Eugenix Hair Science 

• Like 2

Hey guys appreciate all the kind replies. I have work to do but will keep replying when I'm off. I understand that I should use a different Dr. but money is an issue now. I've not worked for some time after the HT and afterwards my mental took an impact when I started noticing the poor results. That's kept me from taking better paying gigs (kinda been a hermit) and obviously that's affected the wallet.

If they were an elite surgeon .. they won’t implant it straight up .. that’s now how our natural hair is .. Dr. hasson implanted mines with the grafts angling to the side.. he explained this to me.. 

so even if u don’t dense pack the front ,, if they implanted it an angle,  it won’t look like that .. the see thru look. 
u just need more grafts at a different clinic .. urs an easier fix than most ,, so no worries .. just accept it n get it done right .. 

Or can wait for awhile longer .. the hairs will soften up n look more natural .. 

• Like 1