Hair Transplant Falling Apart

2 hours ago, Yge said:

I also remember your thread very well, you were very happy with your transplant, even if you always posted photos that were never judged well since you always kept your hair combed in front (I also told you, if I remember correctly) .  However, in these cases, I always recommend a visit to the scalp, in your case we can not speak of poor regrowth or error of the surgeon in my opinion.

What do you mean a visit to the scalp?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Rossybop said:

Is there such a thing as a seasonal shed?

Yes, absolutely there is

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

@Rossybop I had always considered you to be one of the happy-ever-after success cases on here.

Coming to the forum, asking questions, going to a good doctor, getting a good surgery, and most importantly, leaving the forum and moving on with your life 🤣

Sorry to hear you are back. 

Really no clue what happened, but if your MPB really advanced quickly in the last yr and the hair was taken from a non-safe area, that could account for it as @civic said.

But I don't think it was taken from a non-safe area. I don't think my native hair has really thinned much at all to be honest.

1 hour ago, asterix0 said:

Also, how consistently do you use minoxidil? Some people take breaks, me included (a day or two is fine), but if you skip for weeks or so then that can cause a big shed.

I tend to use it almost every day, if I run out of a bottle I might go max 5 days without it, but generally every day or almost every day.

2 hours ago, asterix0 said:

I looked at your earlier pictures, it is difficult to say because of how your hair is styled.

I think you are close to where you were back in January/February, but only you yourself know for sure.

Is there a chance you can visit your surgeon and have him inspect your hair?

I emailed my surgeon, but he lives in Poland and I live in Ireland so it would be difficult visiting him.

hopefully it's just stress or simultaneous shedding.

even even transplanted hair still gets smaller, along with your native, but if your other areas are still fine, it's probably shedding, since HT areas are lower density, thus when they shed, it's going to look way sparser than your native hair.

still, if you're worried, you can consider dutasteride (i'm actually considering one since i just saw someone here say that for high NW people, finasteride isn't as effective)

• Like 1

It would be great to see pics of your hair how you actually wear it. Any hair transplant looks terrible in the stereotypical photos of patients with a frown, hair unstyled, only pointing out the flaws, etc.

I feel like this is indeed a real issue and legitimate concern, but if the "illusion" still holds when you style your hair, then the HT is still doing its job. 

You also totally should reach out to other doctors to get a 2nd opinion. Even if Dr. Saifi is the most kind hearted, ethical doctor in the world, you can never ever 100% trust what the operating surgeon tells you. They have zero incentive to give you an explanation that puts them in a bad light

Ultimately I think you should trust your gut and intuition and what the cause of this is. You are the only one here who has experienced your hair transplant from beginning to end. 

I myself have gotten some crap hair transplants, and even though the reality of the situation was staring me right in the face, it was so much easier to fantasize and cling to the hope that the explanation for my poor result was literally anything other than the fact that it was botched. 

This denial of reality and search for any explanation other than the truth delayed me from seeking a repair for years, and made my overall HT journey much worse than it needed to be. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 2

Its not so bad when the hair lyes flat or is styled right. Dr Saifi reckons it might just be the native hair thinning but I don't know, I think the transplanted area has shed a little. Anyway he offers a 10% discount on the 2nd and 3rd transplants if they're needed. But I think I'll wait a good while to see how things progress before going for a touch up. I'll post pics tomorrow.

• Like 1

yeah do wait for a bit until you can be sure they're gone, not just on resting phase.

anyhow, from what i gather, transplanted hair does get thinner over time, there are a few vids that cover the topic, you can look for one of melvin's vid on youtube where he talks with a couple noteworthy people where they do find thinning over time with transplanted patient.