Hair transplant in Turkey

NickP

Hello there,

i'm planning to have a ht in Turkey. My budget is up to 2500euros for the operation (3500-4000grafts). I have contact with some clinics (Civas, Yaman, Yavuz, Bircan and Estegrande) and i have take prices similar to my budget.

I asked them all how many operations the made per day, Yavuz told me 2, Civas 1, Yaman, Bircan and Estegrande 4. To all the operations participate doctors and nurses. 

Have you anyone else to suggest to me with affordable cost and professional work (not hair mill). 

Thank you!

• Valued Contributor

Dr Bicer in Instanbul. But first I want to advise you never to base life altering surgery on geography or price. Base it on consistent results on a very regular basis by surgeons who turn out results the same that are consistent with your goals. Do you have pics of your hair loss so that we are better abled to answer your questions with? Are you on medication that has stabilized your MPB? Where does your hair loss lye on the Norwood scale? Starting with a budget is almost always doomed to cost you more in the long run. Have a look at the amount of patients that post here butchered AFTER they have been to Turkey. All the best!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi there, 

NO NO NO 

Please do not go to any of the clinics you mentionned. 

I understand that you are looking for cheaper alternatives. We all try to save money. That is totally fair and normal.

The clinics you mentionned are all HAIRMILLS and chances are they simply take you money, botch you and block you on whatsapp 6 months later...

This is how it works in the clinics you mentionned. 

Ekrem Civas is not definitely not a good surgeon.  His ABHRS credentials mean absolutely nothing. He has very few available results and the few ones I've seen on this forum were crap...

Ziva Yavuz is a notorious hairmill. I know he is popular these days but it's gamble. 

Same goes for Bircan. I've seen good work from his mill but also really some bad cases. Again lottery...

As a general rule of thumb, any clinic whose name begin by "Este" is guaranteed to be a hairmill. Estenove, Estegrand, Estepera...

Thus stay away. 

Yaman I kindly suggest you avoid him too. Despite being recommended here and having SOME good results, I have seen some botched jobs and even overharvested donors. He himself might be a talented surgeon but he outsources most the work to nurses who often botch and mess up. Probably not the best option...

The golden rule = If you can't afford a decent surgeon then hold off from surgery  

I suggest you get on oral hairloss mediaction like Finasteride/Dutasteride and add a few other compounds to your stack. Give it some time. In the meantime start saving up for a better clinic. 

Look into Dr. Bicer, Dr. Demirsoy, FUECAPILAR. 

Those are the only reliable budget options in Turkey although they are not as good as the best clinics in Spain, Portugal, Belgium  

Popular misconception is that you can "just shave it bruh" in case of failed hair transplant. 

But sadly you can't. You'll have thousands of little white scars showing you had FUE

So don't rush into a surgery. Especially when it comes to Turkey. 

A hair transplant is a huge deal my friend.

Not only because it's very expensive, but also because it can leave lifelong consequences. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Dr Bicer in Instanbul. But first I want to advise you never to base life altering surgery on geography or price. Base it on consistent results on a very regular basis by surgeons who turn out results the same that are consistent with your goals. Do you have pics of your hair loss so that we are better abled to answer your questions with? Are you on medication that has stabilized your MPB? Where does your hair loss lye on the Norwood scale? Starting with a budget is almost always doomed to cost you more in the long run. Have a look at the amount of patients that post here butchered AFTER they have been to Turkey. All the best!

This is my current condition. Unfortunatelly i don't know so much about ht, now i'm starting to read about that and that's why your help will be so useful to me. Thank you!

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-08 at 20.51.23.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-08 at 20.51.24 (1).jpeg

A newbie! Refreshing.  Let's get you started the right way and with useful info.  The basics to keep in mind.

If you've shown the propensity to lose, you will continue losing.

The donor area is limited and finite.  Once gone it never returns.  There is typically not enough hair available to allow for full density in the front, mid-scalp and crown.  Thus, if there is a limitation, where do we want to put it so that it serves the patient now and in the future? The front.  It is the area you see when looking at yourself.  It is also the area others see when they interact with you.  How about the crown? You might ask.

The crown is a sphere. It can take many, many grafts.  You could actually put your entire donor in the crown and still look thin.  You then go on to lose the front.  You'll be asking "why did you put all the hair in the crown when I now have nothing for the front, and I still look bald" When is the right time to do the crown then? When you're happy with the front and confirm medications are working. What medications?

Propecia, Rogaine, PRP and Laser are the modalities we refer to when dealing with this condition.  They work in different ways and there is synergy when combined.  Propecia and Rogaine are considered the best meds for retention in the crown.  The problem is that of expectations.  Most people get frustrated and stop altogether a year later when they see no visual change - not understanding - the meds are not intended for you to grow anything.  Rather, they are to help you with retention.  If a year later you look the same, the meds did what they were intended to do.  PRP and Laser can help reverse the thinning.

The sad thing about this industry, it is not regulated.  Any doctor can do this.  All they have to do is go to their local library, read about hair restoration, and be in business the very next day with zero experience.  There are only a handful of places offering a Fellowship in hair.  When in consultation, ask, "where did you learn how to do this?" Also, look at photos of results, particularly of cases similar to your own.  Pay attention to what the doctor can accomplish in a single procedure. 

There are many knowledgeable people in this forum.  Ask away. We are all here to help.

• Thanks 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

1 minute ago, LaserCaps said:

A newbie! Refreshing.  Let's get you started the right way and with useful info.  The basics to keep in mind.

If you've shown the propensity to lose, you will continue losing.

The donor area is limited and finite.  Once gone it never returns.  There is typically not enough hair available to allow for full density in the front, mid-scalp and crown.  Thus, if there is a limitation, where do we want to put it so that it serves the patient now and in the future? The front.  It is the area you see when looking at yourself.  It is also the area others see when they interact with you.  How about the crown? You might ask.

The crown is a sphere. It can take many, many grafts.  You could actually put your entire donor in the crown and still look thin.  You then go on to lose the front.  You'll be asking "why did you put all the hair in the crown when I now have nothing for the front, and I still look bald" When is the right time to do the crown then? When you're happy with the front and confirm medications are working. What medications?

Propecia, Rogaine, PRP and Laser are the modalities we refer to when dealing with this condition.  They work in different ways and there is synergy when combined.  Propecia and Rogaine are considered the best meds for retention in the crown.  The problem is that of expectations.  Most people get frustrated and stop altogether a year later when they see no visual change - not understanding - the meds are not intended for you to grow anything.  Rather, they are to help you with retention.  If a year later you look the same, the meds did what they were intended to do.  PRP and Laser can help reverse the thinning.

The sad thing about this industry, it is not regulated.  Any doctor can do this.  All they have to do is go to their local library, read about hair restoration, and be in business the very next day with zero experience.  There are only a handful of places offering a Fellowship in hair.  When in consultation, ask, "where did you learn how to do this?" Also, look at photos of results, particularly of cases similar to your own.  Pay attention to what the doctor can accomplish in a single procedure. 

There are many knowledgeable people in this forum.  Ask away. We are all here to help.

I agree with everything you said.

Very good info. 👍

Except for PPR and laser. They are crap and snake oils.  Never waste your time, money and energy on them. 

There are stronger and better alternatives such as Dutasteride, oral minoxidil, topical anti androgens etc... 

Other than that great post ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickP said:

This is my current condition. Unfortunatelly i don't know so much about ht, now i'm starting to read about that and that's why your help will be so useful to me. Thank you!

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-08 at 20.51.23.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-08 at 20.51.24 (1).jpeg

Okay I see you already have advanced hairloss. 

What is your ultimate goal ? 

Are you to looking to get as close as possible to the illusion of full head of hair ? 

If so this may a require 2 if not 3 procedures and you bet go with one the following surgeons. 

Check out Hattingen Hair, Felipe Pitella, Eugenix, Zarev, Freitas, Pinto, Ferreira, Ximena, Bisanga 

Are you looking to "just get a decent hairline" ? 

Then yeah Bicer, Fuecapilar are good options. 

42 minutes ago, Ali took over said:

I agree with everything you said.

Very good info. 👍

Except for PPR and laser. They are crap and snake oils.  Never waste your time, money and energy on them. 

There are stronger and better alternatives such as Dutasteride, oral minoxidil, topical anti androgens etc... 

Other than that great post ! 

Thanks.  I see you've also fallen into the trap.  Most clinics do not know how to do PRP properly.  With regards to lasers, there are now knock offs of Knock offs.  It is no wonder most people see no difference with these treatments.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

18 hours ago, Ali took over said:

As a general rule of thumb, any clinic whose name begin by "Este" is guaranteed to be a hairmill. Estenove, Estegrand, Estepera...

18 hours ago, Ali took over said:

Ziva Yavuz is a notorious hairmill. I know he is popular these days but it's gamble. 

I would also add Estetistanbul, which is the pseudo clinic where Ziya Yavuz, butchered guys together with his partner Hamid Aydin. @NickPif you were to hear he again, send that bastard to hell for me.

• Like 2

HT is a lot more than just moving hairs. There is skill needed in the extraction to preserve the viability of the follicle, handling of the extracted follicle, and in the placement. Because it is cosmetic, there is artistry involved. Because it is surgical, there is technical expertise. Because donor supply is limited, you need to be aware of donor management in both the short and long term.

Each country has different licensing procedures. The U.S. allows doctors to perform any medical procedure, including surgery. The U.S. does require all incisions to be doctor-made, but extractions can and are often done by technicians---which, like the doctors, vary in skill, precision and artistry. The HT industry has tried to "credentialize" the doctors but these credentials don't guarantee any result---some require knowledge and hands-on experience. Check out: https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/hair-loss/surgeons-credentials for a good explanation of the various organizations and credentials. There is no real board certification for hair transplant doctors in U.S. "Currently, the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) has no certification process nor an approved medical specialty board sanctioned for the specialty of hair transplant surgery. The ABMS is an organization of 24 approved medical specialty boards, of which the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery is not part. "

IAHRS is a good place to start. The Web MD link above says: "The IAHRS is a consumer organization that selectively screens skilled and ethical hair transplant surgeons. The IAHRS does not offer an open membership policy to doctors practicing hair transplantation, and is the only group that openly recognizes all surgeons are not equal in skill and technique.  (Duh!) In 2001 the IAHRS became the first hair transplant society to implement a minimal case requirement to apply for membership."

This Forum is invaluable to your research. Not only does it have recommended doctors that have passed the scrutiny of the members, it has posted reviews and outcomes. The hair mills are rightfully criticized because surgery is for keeps and repairs are difficult and expensive. Golden Rule #2---research, research, and research. Take your time. Your hair loss didn't happen overnight and it won't be cured overnight. Look at the posted results; try to be discerning to make sure they are legitimate. Believe it or not, some sites (including some in Turkey) have posted great results--but they were not their surgeries but rather good result cases from other clinics. It is a jungle out there of deceptive marketing, hype and unethical tactics. But, done right, HTs can be life-changing. We are fortunate to live in a time where HT technique has progressed to the point that you can have awesome, transformational results. Forum members have seen major improvements in their appearance and self-confidence. No one country and no one clinic has a monopoly; it does depend on your goals and budget. Don't go for the quick fix---be careful, cautious and deliberate. Research, research, research.

Edited by Mountinvan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

If you cannot afford a decent surgeon. Do not get surgery. You need A LOT of grafts, I would say at least 5,000 to restore the front and crown. If you’re not on preventive medication. I suggest getting on it for a year before considering surgery. In that time, research, research, research, and SAVE! 

If you’re one of the lucky ones, your crown might grow in a lot, reducing the number of grafts required, thus, getting an HT much cheaper. Dr. Turan does good affordable work, but it’s not gonna cost 2,000. More like 4,500-5000. Again, this all depends on whether your hair stays the same on meds, or whether you get regrowth. Currently, this is how I’d plan your surgery. 4267877A-ADC7-49B5-8F8C-BD5709B0FF53.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/12/2022 at 8:19 AM, Ali took over said:

Hi there, 

NO NO NO 

Please do not go to any of the clinics you mentionned. 

I understand that you are looking for cheaper alternatives. We all try to save money. That is totally fair and normal.

The clinics you mentionned are all HAIRMILLS and chances are they simply take you money, botch you and block you on whatsapp 6 months later...

This is how it works in the clinics you mentionned. 

Ekrem Civas is not definitely not a good surgeon.  His ABHRS credentials mean absolutely nothing. He has very few available results and the few ones I've seen on this forum were crap...

Same goes for Bircan. I've seen good work from his mill but also really some bad cases. Again lottery...

Thus stay away. 

Yaman I kindly suggest you avoid him too. Despite being recommended here and having SOME good results, I have seen some botched jobs and even overharvested donors. He himself might be a talented surgeon but he outsources most the work to nurses who often botch and mess up. Probably not the best option...

The golden rule = If you can't afford a decent surgeon then hold off from surgery  

I suggest you get on oral hairloss mediaction like Finasteride/Dutasteride and add a few other compounds to your stack. Give it some time. In the meantime start saving up for a better clinic. 

Look into Dr. Bicer, Dr. Demirsoy, FUECAPILAR. 

Those are the only reliable budget options in Turkey although they are not as good as the best clinics in Spain, Portugal, Belgium  

Popular misconception is that you can "just shave it bruh" in case of failed hair transplant. 

But sadly you can't. You'll have thousands of little white scars showing you had FUE

So don't rush into a surgery. Especially when it comes to Turkey. 

A hair transplant is a huge deal my friend.

Not only because it's very expensive, but also because it can leave lifelong consequences. 

Whenever I see a post like this I want to respond with this famous scene 😄: