Dr. Daniel McGrath

Guys, what is your opinion about Dr. Daniel McGrath ? 

Can Anyone provide any feedback in regards to his work ? 

Does he perform every step of surgery himself like Dr. Ferreira ? Or does he rely heavily on nurses like Lorenzo, Hasson, Wong etc...? 

He's been around for a very long time. I believe he was even the ISHRS president at some point. 

We all know ISHRS membership doesn't mean much since anyone who pays can join it. But since he was the head of the organization, I guess he has at least some recognition in the field. 

David DiMuzico has built a significant hype around McGrath on youtube. I guess he is overhyped like many others surgeons.

But I gotta admit he gave DiMuzio a very good result and after listening to couple of his interviews he seems knowledgable and competent. 

• Administrators

I don’t know anything about this doctor, but yes, he did repair David very well. The previous hairline he had with the other doctor wasn’t very good. He made it look much more natural. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I like David and his hair loss channel. Having watched him for a while and spoken to him via pm, I do get the impression he does kind of try to “sell you” on Mcrath, not that he’s necessarily paid or anything but he has made it clear they are friends. I mean it’s certainly not like he says McGrath is the end all be all, though I do recall David telling me he believe he is one of the best in the world and that was the only name he mentioned in a PM when I asked him about surgeons. I definitely do not see enough evidence to determine he is one of the best. David got a good result, though I really haven’t seen much else beyond his website.

To be fair to David, he has definitely said he only speaks to surgeons who have done work on him just because he wants to give a fair perspective. 

He has very thick/wiry hair.  Personally his frontal hairline is severe and not symmetrical at all (wall of hair).  His SMP makes his head look unnaturally blue.  Frankly his hairline is too low & too abrupt.  It's a very odd overall look - but those without a discerning eye for transplants probably wouldn't even notice anything too 'off.'  Just my 2 cents.

Edited by jjsrader
  • Like 1