2,904 Graft FUE From Dr. Shapiro and Dr. Josephitis (Shapiro Medical Group)

• Administrators

X3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...

I definitely hit a peak around March/April 2023, and now I’m seeing a ton of regression. I’m still on fin and minoxidil, but my scalp is starting to show through again and I’m seeing more hairs falling out in the shower. 

I’m  guessing my non-transplanted hair in the area is now starting to go again.  It definitely is concerning that I spent a large chunk of my savings for 4-6 months of satisfaction and now it’s all coming back down again.  

I have talked to Shapiro Medical and they said that it might just be a cycle, so hoping that is the case.  Otherwise, it would take me several years of aggressive savings and frugal lifestyle to afford another transplant.

will keep you guys updated.

IMG_2236.jpeg

Hello @superwario be patience and keep on your treatments.

Your previous photos were with dry hair and this last photo looks as if the hair is wet somehow and you have more light over your head.

Could you share photos in the same conditions? You truly feel it is getting worse? I am sure it could be a hair cycle. 

Thanks for sharing your experience. 

On 8/8/2023 at 16:26, superwario said:

Altrimenti, mi ci vorrebbero diversi anni di risparmi aggressivi e uno stile di vita frugale per permettermi un altro trapianto.

I advise you to have your scalp checked and not only, before undergoing another procedure.

• Valued Contributor

@superwario

Your 6 months post op was looking really promising ..you already had lot of growth till that time and you were supposed to get good final result but don't know what happened again...there can be multiple reasons ..either you lost your native hairs ,or this can be a reason of you are in a shedding phase of hair cycle or you had less survival of those transplanted hairs...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

On 8/8/2023 at 7:26 AM, superwario said:

I definitely hit a peak around March/April 2023, and now I’m seeing a ton of regression. I’m still on fin and minoxidil, but my scalp is starting to show through again and I’m seeing more hairs falling out in the shower. 

I’m  guessing my non-transplanted hair in the area is now starting to go again.  It definitely is concerning that I spent a large chunk of my savings for 4-6 months of satisfaction and now it’s all coming back down again.  

I have talked to Shapiro Medical and they said that it might just be a cycle, so hoping that is the case.  Otherwise, it would take me several years of aggressive savings and frugal lifestyle to afford another transplant.

will keep you guys updated.

IMG_2236.jpeg

You didn't even have much native hair in the areas treated so doubt it's that reason. It could very well be a cycle especially if you've been stressing or sleeping poorly. But if it doesn't improve don't let them spin it into being your fault. Docs gotta stand on their work. If you had a scalp issue that should have been checked by the doc when you met him. I would also look into oral minox. Probably the best treatment for growth. 

7 hours ago, -TheHairUpThere- said:

If you had a scalp issue that should have been checked by the doc when you met him

There are scalp diseases and not just the scalp that are invisible to the naked eye, detectable only with biopsy and specific tests.

9 hours ago, ITA said:

There are scalp diseases and not just the scalp that are invisible to the naked eye, detectable only with biopsy and specific tests.

If you're paying somebody 20k, maybe a 300 dollar scalp biopsy should be included. I mean, If you're performing actual surgery on somebody's scalp that seems like it should be mandatory right?....At the very least recommended to the patient before they proceed with a surgery date. But then that would eliminate a possible excuse for the doctor if the transplant fails. 

I've seen quite a few docs claim a patient had a scalp issue AFTER the fact and that's just inexcusable. That means you performed surgery on somebody who possibly didn't even need it. Either way you slice it, it's the doctors fault. Either he did a poor job on the surgery or he didn't take the necessary precautions beforehand. Every other type of doctor would eliminate all possible factors before proceeding with surgery. Hair doctors should be held to the same standard. 

1 hour ago, -TheHairUpThere- said:
11 hours ago, ITA said:

Se stai pagando qualcuno 20k, forse dovrebbe essere inclusa una biopsia del cuoio capelluto da 300 dollari. Voglio dire, se stai eseguendo un vero e proprio intervento chirurgico sul cuoio capelluto di qualcuno, sembra che dovrebbe essere obbligatorio, giusto?... Per lo meno consigliato al paziente prima che proceda con la data dell'intervento. Ma poi questo eliminerebbe una possibile scusa per il medico se il trapianto fallisce. 

Ho visto parecchi documenti affermare che un paziente aveva un problema al cuoio capelluto DOPO il fatto e questo è semplicemente imperdonabile. Significa che hai operato qualcuno che probabilmente non ne aveva nemmeno bisogno. In ogni caso, è colpa dei dottori. O ha fatto un pessimo lavoro durante l'operazione o non ha preso le precauzioni necessarie in anticipo. Ogni altro tipo di medico eliminerebbe tutti i possibili fattori prima di procedere con l'intervento chirurgico. I medici dei capelli dovrebbero essere tenuti allo stesso standard. 

È vero, dovrebbe essere come dici tu, specialmente se un paziente spende un sacco di soldi per sottoporsi a un trapianto di capelli da chirurghi di fama mondiale, ma dimmi: quante volte hai sentito che un chirurgo visita il paziente facendolo o consigliandogli di fare una biopsia o test speciali, non esami del sangue, routine che anche i mulini fanno? Io solo una volta in molti anni che frequento forum di trapianto di capelli : BISANGA lo ha fatto solo con uno dei suoi due consulenti prima di operarlo, e non ricordo perché (perché gli ho anche chiesto perché l'aveva fatto con lui o se era la pratica che lo faceva) ma non è la pratica effettivamente era un'eccezione.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2023 at 10:31 AM, -TheHairUpThere- said:

If you're paying somebody 20k, maybe a 300 dollar scalp biopsy should be included. I mean, If you're performing actual surgery on somebody's scalp that seems like it should be mandatory right?....At the very least recommended to the patient before they proceed with a surgery date. But then that would eliminate a possible excuse for the doctor if the transplant fails. 

Is this even a common practice for HT clinics? But yeah, don't let the clinic pass the buck. Curious if there are any updates here.

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23

• 3 weeks later...

?hash=4c89086ba488699a0ed1aa7fab703abc

I know some of you have been asking about additional photos. Here is one I took today 2 hours after a shower, so completely dry. Hair is longer now so able to cover some of the thinning, but definitely regressing a lot from peak in my opinion. 

Anyone have similar experience? I am really worried.

Edited by superwario

33 minutes ago, superwario said:

?hash=4c89086ba488699a0ed1aa7fab703abc

I know some of you have been asking about additional photos. Here is one I took today 2 hours after a shower, so completely dry. Hair is longer now so able to cover some of the thinning, but definitely regressing a lot from peak in my opinion. 

Anyone have similar experience? I am really worried.

I am worried something else is going on outside of male pattern baldness. this is really odd to look so good to this bald again. Iron deficiency? Vit D deficiency? hormonal issue? telogen effluvium? any other meds? environmental? could be so much but this is very odd. i think

Agreed- to answer your questions, MPB does not run in my family, and I take Vitamin D supplements daily.  I also eat a diet that includes plenty of animal proteins so I should be getting iron there.

Not sure about telogen, I guess I need to see if I can get that checked up on.

Just trying to do everything I can and nothing is quite working well.

• 1 month later...