Are those lost grafts? Shedding follicles...

Hello all,

Please help me identify if I am shedding the grafts/ Follicles too early? See picture. This is after day 6 post FUE hair transplant. Saw this in the morning on the pillow. My scalp feels very itchy at the crown. I am concerned those are grafts that have been not implanted properly.

20201008_190953.jpg

20201008_190829.jpg

20201008_085311.jpg

• Administrators

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

They are dried crusts, not lost grafts.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hopefully the above helps but just to also put this out there. It's usually the point most freak out when seeing hair shedding including myself. 

I'm almost 3 weeks fully post-op and noticed more hairfall than i would usually feel happens and sensitive thinking it's getting closer and closer to the "Ugly Duckling" phase which usually hits full force around Months 2 to 3. That said, when you are forewarned, you're also forearmed imo to brace for it and power through with a hat or similar. 

• Like 1

Thank you guys. I am still freaking out as im on Day 7 and each morning I wake up to see in my bedsheet and pillow many hairs attached to the crust. How are we to know its a dead tissue then a failed graft? almost all the crust that has fallen has one or two hairs attached to it with black ends. I feel at day 7 the hair follicales may not had time to embed and fix into the scalp. Shedding starting at day 5 may be to early??

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, leoelm86 said:

Thank you guys. I am still freaking out as im on Day 7 and each morning I wake up to see in my bedsheet and pillow many hairs attached to the crust. How are we to know its a dead tissue then a failed graft? almost all the crust that has fallen has one or two hairs attached to it with black ends. I feel at day 7 the hair follicales may not had time to embed and fix into the scalp. Shedding starting at day 5 may be to early??

At day seven you are 100% fine. Unless your grafts are now being 'surgically removed again' you have nothing to worry about. 👌

• Like 1