Simultaneous Extraction and Placement Video w/ Dr. Mohebi

Here's a video of @Parsa Mohebi, MD performing an FUE procedure and highlighting a step by step process of how the "Simultaneous Extraction and Placement" method works. It's a technique that improves the efficiency and growth of transplanted hair by significantly decreasing the amount of time the extracted grafts are left out of the body before being placed into the recipient area. He explains how this allows him and his team to work in such a way that grafts are only left out of the body for 10-15 minutes before being inserted into the recipient area, and he's found this helps with the survival rate of the grafts and improves overall results compared to traditional methods where the grafts are left out of the body for longer periods of time. Let us know if you have any questions!

Official Video Details: 

Simultaneous extraction and placement of FUE grafts is a novel technique of hair restoration that improves the efficiency and growth of transplanted hair. FUE hair transplantation has been gaining in popularity the last few years over the more traditional methods of hair restoration. Along with the increase in the number of FUE patients, we have been improving the efficiency of our procedures. The survival rate of FUE grafts has been the subject of many studies in the last few years. Included in those studies were comparisons of strip and FUE follicular grafts and comparisons of the FUE grafts that have been implanted by forceps and implanters. We now have more information about the methods we have available to minimize the manipulation of the fragile FUE grafts and how to improve our growth rate even more.

Simultaneous Extraction and Placement FUE is based on some modifications of our previous methods and some of our equipment that allows us to implant the extracted follicular unit grafts into the recipient areas shortly after they are extracted.

There are several elements involved in performing simultaneous extraction and placement techniques such as:
Creating premade sites
Chasing method of graft harvesting
Serial extraction and placement
Placement of grafts with our novel implanter: Mohebi Inserter
Use of magnifying loupes with high focal length

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Very interesting.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It seems the high rated surgeons don't place grafts on gloves anymore and either use a choi pen or take the grafts from the solution direct before implanting to avoid drying. I am sure you get good results but it's still exposing the grafts to risk.