Dr. Bisanga BHR 2297 Grafts FUE

Hey hair-restorers,

I'm still working on the 5 months pic set...mainly getting the really up-close shots where I used natural light out on the balcony. Probably by tomorrow.

Let this short clip fill the void for today.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jonulous said:

Hey hair-restorers,

I'm still working on the 5 months pic set...mainly getting the really up-close shots where I used natural light out on the balcony. Probably by tomorrow.

Let this short clip fill the void for today.

Thanks for the update matey, looking very good for 5 months given that's about as harsh a light as you're ever going to be under! Appreciate the video comb through, they really help people see the actual results!

• Thanks 1

Continuing the prior pattern. My angles of the hairline shots are way off in some of them!

1 Wet hair in indirect but bright light

2 Viewing the recipient from above at week 2,  2 months and 5 months

3. A front shot with dry hair

4-6. Day -1 before treatment, 2 months, and 5 months from three angles

7. Close up right corner

8. Close up left corner

9. Donor

Oct_Wet.jpg

Density_prog_Oct.JPG

IMG_1696a.JPG

May_Oct_Comp1.jpg

May_Oct_Comp2.jpg

May_Oct_Comp3.jpg

Oct_right_cnr.JPG

Oct_left_cnr.JPG

IMG_1692a.JPG

Edited by Jonulous
  • Like 4

Thank you for you update @Jonulous

Things are really taking shape and I couldn't be happier for you. You are doing an excellent job of documenting your journey and progress which is always greatly appreciated and will no doubt be a great help to many and the community in general.

As has been said, a few of the recent photo and video updates have been underneath very harsh lighting conditions and even at this early stage, your result already looks completely natural.

Im looking forward to your further updates over the next months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thanks all for the feedback. I’ll send you another giant dump of photos soon @Raphael84.

Probably now far enough into the growth phase where I can say more about the little bits of design options where I had to state a preference, and see how those choices have turned out.

I guess choice #1, once I was there for the proper in-clinic interrogation of my hair and its thinning pattern, was how committed was I to a lowered hairline. The graft estimate to that point could have achieved one out of two of my goals – rebuild the hairline but with inadequate blend into the forelock, or work within the existing hairline for a decent blend between native and grafted hair. I came down on the side of wanting to do some of each, and so we pushed the proposed grafts upward by about 500 (essentially the rows of singles needed to give me 3 mm extra along the centre of the hairline and a bit over a centimetre toward the corners.

Hindsight view at 5 months: glad I included the slight lowering of the hairline, even with the weeks of redness that entailed. Speaking of…

My choice #2 – the sides of the hairline down to the temple points. This was always in the “probably won’t” column for me. Not because I like the shape and position I have now, but due to being uncharted territory with how long the skin would remain shaded red or pink. On my particular scalp, it seems to be the case that the close-packing of the singles did increase the amount of redness along that line compared to the other grafted zones. However the skin on the face and its margins is actually pretty fast at healing (due to all those helpful blood vessels). So I figure if I go back at some point for a tune up I can include a few hundred singles for reshaping the left and right indents above the temple points linking with where the first surgery concluded up at the corners, with maybe 6-10 weeks of the dreaded crimson halo to deal with.

Choice #3 was how much artistic asymmetry to put into the hairline design. The one you see drawn in some of my photos had something of a slant from higher on left side to lower on right. I asked on the morning of the surgery if that could be made just slightly less sloping, though still with some of the asymmetric design, and it only took a couple of minutes with the marker for everyone to be nodding their heads in agreement.

Hindsight view at 5 months: I’m sure the first draft would have been great by the time it reached this length, but I’m still happy with making it just that bit more subtle.

Edited by Jonulous
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Happy November. Just a couple of days past my 6 month milestone, with a haircut done yesterday to mark the occasion. I'm possibly going to do more basic progress photos for months 7 and 8, then a full run again at month 9. All seems quite satisfactory at this point.

2 Viewing the recipient from above at Day 1,  2 weeks and 6 months

4-6. Day  minus 1 before treatment,  and at 2-6 months from three angles

7. Close up right corner

8. Close up left corner

9. Donor

Nov_wet.jpg

Density_prog_Nov.JPG

IMG_1750a.JPG

May_Nov_Comp1.jpg

May_Nov_Comp2.jpg

May_Nov_Comp3.jpg

Nov_Right_cnr.JPG

Nov_Left_cnr.JPG

IMG_1745a.JPG

Edited by Jonulous
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 9:39 PM, Jonulous said:

Happy November. Just a couple of days past my 6 month milestone, with a haircut done yesterday to mark the occasion. I'm possibly going to do more basic progress photos for months 7 and 8, then a full run again at month 9. All seems quite satisfactory at this point.

2 Viewing the recipient from above at Day 1,  2 weeks and 6 months

4-6. Day  minus 1 before treatment,  and at 2-6 months from three angles

7. Close up right corner

8. Close up left corner

9. Donor

Nov_wet.jpg

Density_prog_Nov.JPG

IMG_1750a.JPG

May_Nov_Comp1.jpg

May_Nov_Comp2.jpg

May_Nov_Comp3.jpg

Nov_Right_cnr.JPG

Nov_Left_cnr.JPG

IMG_1745a.JPG

It’s been fun watching this journey. Particularly due to your sense of detail, but more so your writing which demonstrates an attention to detail or rather perhaps emotional importance. Your first shots, wet, from the front, really shows your progress. I admire your write ups as personal as they are and as matter of fact as they should be…showing an emotional maturity and insightful detachment as you simply reconcile a perceived problem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayson1361 said:

It’s been fun watching this journey. Particularly due to your sense of detail, but more so your writing which demonstrates an attention to detail or rather perhaps emotional importance. Your first shots, wet, from the front, really shows your progress. I admire your write ups as personal as they are and as matter of fact as they should be…showing an emotional maturity and insightful detachment as you simply reconcile a perceived problem. 

Thanks Jayson

Oh funnily enough, the wet hair shots are about the easiest of the bunch to do. That's just me with my phone under the bathroom light. For many of the others it's all tripod, 10 sec timer, wrestle with the autofocus of my digital camera to actually lock onto the damned hairline!

Edited by Jonulous

20 minutes ago, Jonulous said:

Thanks Jayson

Oh funnily enough, the wet hair shots are about the easiest of the bunch to do. That's just me with my phone under the bathroom light. For many of the others it's all tripod, 10 sec timer, wrestle with the autofocus of my digital camera to actually lock onto the damned hairline!

Well you have a good camera on your phone. I particularly like your comments and humility in regard to holding on to what you have approaching 50, respecting those who read your post and identifying with those that perceive importance in your documentation. I am in a similar situation as I plan an op with a leading doctor in this field, being Dr. K. I too approach it with a sense of humility and planning for the future if need be. Perhaps medication will mitigate another procedure. Perhaps not. Regardless, I’ve no doubt you’ll keep up with your progress and it’s much appreciated. Cheers to you, and your efforts. Much respect. 

Edited by Jayson1361

• 4 weeks later...

Update-lite mode for December (month 7). Just three pics and a clip.

The changes detectable to me, as owner of the head in question, are mainly subtle things like an improvement of the skin within the recipient zone. It's noticeably less sand-papery in texture as time goes on. It's natural but overcast daylight in the short video with the brush through, and hair is recently washed but not containing styling add-ins.

Dec_wet.jpg

Dec_Right_cnr.JPG

Dec_Left_cnr.JPG

• Like 1

• Administrators

Wow this looks immaculate 👏🏼👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 5 weeks later...

18th of the month means...it's update time 🎆

Following broadly the same set I normally include, just with a couple of different angles for sake of variety.

All goes well for month 8. My hair's maybe a little long to get great comparison shots of the hairline at present, but wasn't due for a cut for a couple more weeks.

Jan_wet.jpg

Density_prog_Jan.JPG

IMG_1777a.JPG

May_Jan_Comp1.jpg

May_Jan_Comp2.jpg

May_Jan_Comp3.jpg

Jan_right_cnr.JPG

Jan_Left_cnr.JPG

IMG_1795b.JPG

• Like 1

• Administrators

Fantastic 👏🏼

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Incredible result!!! Looks amazing and you still have time to get better! Donor looks fabulous and the best, those videos where we can see everything... thanks a lot for sharing great details and information along with photos and videos... wish all the cases had all this documentation.

• 4 weeks later...

Presenting month number 9, including new treats from the vaults 🗝️.

Thank you Zinedine, Hairlinedreamer and Melvin for the last round of positive feedback. Only observation this time I think is that longer wet hair is a little more see-through than when it was shorter. Due to getting more plastered down by the water, no doubt.

Came pretty close during this past week to disclosing what I'd had done to a friend at work. He'd been on medication since his 20s and wondered what my 'regime' was. But so far I only went as far as talking Fin and minox. We'll see.

February_wet.thumb.jpg.b7b4cfe10789f42b99ba6940a54304d5.jpg

Density_prog_Feb.JPG

IMG_1841a.JPG

May_Feb_Comp1.jpg

May_Feb_Comp2.jpg

May_Feb_Comp3.jpg

Feb_right_cnr.JPG

Feb_left_cnr.JPG

IMG_1823a.JPG

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Great updates buddy, you've documented this really well with the angles/different lighting etc, appreciated👍

I think you're right with the longer hair looking more see through in the harsh light when wet, as the month 6 pic looks denser although you no doubt have more hair now.

The standard everyday walkaround look that everyone will see is phenomenal though, you just look like a guy with good hair genetics that has no mpb😀

• 4 weeks later...

Celebrating double digits - month number 10. And right on the tails of a haircut for once.

Things I like most about the HT as it matures include the realism of the singles along the (very slightly lowered) hairline. Things I'm still getting used to include the extra springiness of the zone with most of the grafts. It really wants to be styled and tamed with product, but I'm terminally lazy about reaching for styling or hold compounds haha.

Here's yet another slight variation on the recurring themes of before-after shots.

March_wet.jpg

Density_prog_March.JPG

IMG_1908a.JPG

May_Mar_Comp1.jpg

May_Mar_Comp2.jpg

May_Mar_Comp3.JPG

Mar_Right_cnr.JPG

Mar_Left_cnr.JPG

IMG_1892a.JPG

Edited by Jonulous

• 1 month later...

Well I got my usual photo set mostly done. But not all the cropping, pairing and labeling. I'll revive that for May, when I hit the anniversary.

Here's an experiment turning a quick phone video into a motion gif.

Eleven_month_brush.gif