I am considering Dr. Huber and I am looking for more information from actual patients.

Hello,

I am looking for more information from patients of Dr. Huber and their experiences at the clinic. I have read the other posts in this forum but honestly there is not many out there in total. I have searched the whole internet and can’t find many examples of guys in a similar age category, hair loss pattern, and colour/density/texture.

I will attach photos soon once I blur my face. Thanks

Edited by itontriangle

• irontriangle changed the title to I am considering Dr. Huber and I am looking for more information from actual patients.

what's the reason you are interested specifically in Dr. Huber? 

I've heard his name before but don't know if he is good or not. 

Seems like a pretty random doc to go to considering there are dozens and dozens of other, more well-known docs. 

Well he is closer. Cheaper. One of the only clinics in the Toronto area that seems decent with good reviews. He is younger too which means he will be around for subsequent treatments.

I was considering Rahal and still am but I have already done a lot of research on him too so no need to really do further analysis. 

Hasson and Wong look good too but they are so expensive. Around $30,000 for a 6000 graft FUT. Dr Huber would be around $12000 for the first treatment of 3000 grafts. Hasson and Wong have increased their prices I inquired with them a few years back as well and it was 5 and 3 for the first 2000 etc. Now they are 6 and 4.

Additionally, Dr. Huber actually did my consult and responds to all my emails personally. With Hasson and Wong I didn’t want to tak propecia but Hasson told me it literally has no side effects. He compared it to Tylenol. That drug ruined my life honestly I still have problems from it 5 years later. The meds I took to try and reverse this supposed PFS devastated my hair within a year so now I am a Norwood 6-7. So that was a turnoff.

I am not really turned off from Hasson and Wong for that though because I decided to take the medication and it does work for people. But for me, it really has made things difficult permanently……. I am still holding out things will be get better with time but it has already been 5 years. Anyways that’s my story. Hasson and Wong does seem to have the best photos especially in the higher graft patients.

I am weighing all my options really. But I cannot find very much information on the Toronto Hair Transplant Clinic.

Edited by irontriangle

I progressed from the side profile photo in the classroom to the bald photos within 4 years due to my bout with finasteride and subsequent attempt to fix it. I am currently 33 and these photos were taken recently.

Also of note. Even in my early 20’s I had a high forehead. Personally I think it suits me and it kinda works with a more conservative middle aged adult look I am hoping to achieve from a hair transplant. I always thought I was good looking with the high hairline and want to keep the high recessed look like I had in the side classroom photo.

Dude I took Testosterone, DHT cream, clomid etc.......I thought that was obvious when I talked about my attempts to reverse the issues I had. I didn't want to get into it but I guess I was forced too with an unrelated comment........

Edited by irontriangle

• Administrators

I have never heard of a Dr. Huber. I would strongly suggest doing some research here before pulling the trigger on any particular surgeon. Never let cost or location be the reason you choose a surgeon. Choose a surgeon based on results. You are a VERY difficult case. You will need multiple procedures, and A LOT of grafts. SMP might be a better option. You need to be sure you are in it for the long haul. If you embark on this journey, know it will cost a lot of time and money. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hello Melvin.

Yah I know it will cost a ton of money which is discouraging. However, I am curious why you consider me a difficult case? I have had a consult with Dr. Huber and am awaiting another one tomorrow. I also have a consult with Hasson and Wong soon. I thought my characteristics of light skin to dirty blonde hair, pretty thick hair in the donor area with some texture, high widows peak expectations, etc would make me an alright candidate. I have seen many positive results in Norwood 6-7 patients?

I did some math and figured with my balding area requiring coverage being around 160-180 cm2....... I would require just over 6000 grafts via FUT. Around 6300 grafts at a density of 35 grafts / cm. Now I know that this will give a thinnish look but that is just rough math. I could do 40 in the front, 25 in the back..... and do an SMP density session and also utilize hair fibers which have worked well on me in the past. I also respond quite well to minoxidil but due to the nature of my work I have to be cleared for every medication I take.

Dr Huber seemed to think it would be possible in 2 FUT sessions. I see Hasson and Wong are great at mega sessions of FUT.... I will wait to see what they say after they respond to my online consultation.

Edited by irontriangle

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, irontriangle said:

Hello Melvin.

Yah I know it will cost a ton of money which is discouraging. However, I am curious why you consider me a difficult case? I have had a consult with Dr. Huber and am awaiting another one tomorrow. I also have a consult with Hasson and Wong soon. I thought my characteristics of light skin to dirty blonde hair, pretty thick hair in the donor area with some texture, high widows peak expectations, etc would make me an alright candidate. I have seen many positive results in Norwood 6-7 patients?

I did some math and figured with my balding area requiring coverage being around 160-180 cm2....... I would require just over 6000 grafts via FUT. Around 6300 grafts at a density of 35 grafts / cm. Now I know that this will give a thinnish look but that is just rough math. I could do 40 in the front, 25 in the back..... and do an SMP density session and also utilize hair fibers which have worked well on me in the past. I also respond quite well to minoxidil but due to the nature of my work I have to be cleared for every medication I take.

Dr Huber seemed to think it would be possible in 2 FUT sessions. I see Hasson and Wong are great at mega sessions of FUT.... I will wait to see what they say after they respond to my online consultation.

You're a Norwood 6/7 with retrograde alopecia. You will need more than two surgeries. I want to be straight up with you, because we don't sell hair transplants here, we educate. If you're not willing to spend the time and money, don't get one done. I have seen too many guys regret it and then want to shave. You will not be able to shave after getting an HT, especially FUT. Really think about it. I'm not trying to discourage you, but I do want you to be prepared for what is in store. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Retrograde alopecia? I had to google that. Are you referring to the fact that the sides of my temples have recessed a bit? The nape of my neck has never changed it is literally always been like that since my birth. Barbers have always commented on how the back of my neck can really only take a taper. If I grew my hair out it would look the exact same on the sides minus the bit of recession in front of the ears, but when I do grow it out it honestly kind of thickens and doesn't look much different. That has always been fine and light blonde anyways. My hair is slightly less dense above the ears then it is in the donor supply but again that has never changed my whole life. It is just the way my hair grows on the sides and the back.

Edited by irontriangle

1 hour ago, irontriangle said:

Dude I took Testosterone, DHT cream, clomid etc.......I thought that was obvious when I talked about my attempts to reverse the issues I had. I didn't want to get into it but I guess I was forced too with an unrelated comment........

Somehow misread what you wrote.  Did they succeed in getting rid of PFS?

4 hours ago, irontriangle said:

Retrograde alopecia? I had to google that. Are you referring to the fact that the sides of my temples have recessed a bit? The nape of my neck has never changed it is literally always been like that since my birth. Barbers have always commented on how the back of my neck can really only take a taper. If I grew my hair out it would look the exact same on the sides minus the bit of recession in front of the ears. That has always been fine and light blonde anyways. My hair is slightly less dense above the ears then it is in the donor supply but again that has never changed my whole life. It is just the way my hair grows on the sides and the back.

Retrograde alopecia is usually where the hairs thinner and sometimes looks patchier than the rest of the hair around it like you may have seen on Google. It limits your donor area and creates risk. You can be born with it or perhaps have it develop over time naturally if genetically inclined. 

It's an unfortunate circumstance to be in but this is why it's also extremely important to do even more research and as mentioned don't let the budget be your only factor. Save a bit longer and go with the right clinic for your circumstances. Just remember that you also can hopefully maintain and strengthen what you have through alternate means but you are probably a more complex than average case with a higher grade of hair loss and some sub par hair quality issues which if managed correctly may not be an issue but FUT may be a good route in the first step. 

There's Hattingen in Switzerland that do FUT too if you want to take a look. Highly praised

All good dude. Sorry for being snarky I just always hesitate to bring it up because I always get the PFS deniers telling me I am crazy....... It is very much a real thing for a few unfortunate individuals.

I actually made it worse with all the stuff I tried under a doctor out of desperation. I probably should have just waited it out honestly. 5 years later I still have issues but whatever. It is what it is.

Edited by irontriangle
  • Like 2

Hmm... well honestly I don't know if I have retrograde alopecia to be honest. Some people just have different hair patterns. Even from young twenties photos with a full head of hair my back and sides have never changed and always looked like this. I have grown my hair out and the back and sides don't look patchy. They are actually quite thick and kind of dense with slight curl above the ears.... I have attached a photo to show you what I mean.

This is what my donor supply would like like if I grew my hair out. Obviously the hair on the top is missing lol. I have always had those two little tails at the back. Like my own personal cowlick.

image.jpeg

Edited by irontriangle

24 minutes ago, irontriangle said:

Hmm... well honestly I don't know if I have retrograde alopecia to be honest. Some people just have different hair patterns. Even from young twenties photos with a full head of hair my back and sides have never changed and always looked like this. I have grown my hair out and the back and sides don't look patchy. They are actually quite thick and kind of dense with slight curl above the ears.... I have attached a photo to show you what I mean.

This is what my donor supply would like like if I grew my hair out. Obviously the hair on the top is missing lol. I have always had those two little tails at the back. Like my own personal cowlick.

image.jpeg

I have that too it’s not retro grade although in your most recent pictures the bottom looks thinner some higher norwoods get that making the donor smaller to harvest from and riskier it seems you only wanna to do it in Canada but there’s a lot of great options abroad 

If I were to grow it out it would be the same it’s the lighting etc.

yah I just feel abroad is even more money with exchange rates and travel. I don’t want to do the turkey special personally. I think Canada is the best for quality and price…. But correct me if I am wrong.

@Melvin- Moderator Did you go to EUGENIX in India and what was your experience with them?

I have been looking at their results and their procedures and techniques and they look quite good as well. Quite a bit more affordable as well but the travel and exchange fees might be a bit more.

They also have "PACKAGES" which seem a little sketch. You can go as low as a $1 a graft USD but then its lead by "EUGENIX" trained doctors??? $4-$5 a graft gets you a surgery with the founders/main doctors. Never seen that pricing model before ever.

Edited by irontriangle

On 5/17/2022 at 10:27 PM, irontriangle said:

All good dude. Sorry for being snarky I just always hesitate to bring it up because I always get the PFS deniers telling me I am crazy....... It is very much a real thing for a few unfortunate individuals.

I actually made it worse with all the stuff I tried under a doctor out of desperation. I probably should have just waited it out honestly. 5 years later I still have issues but whatever. It is what it is.

This is true!! PFS is very real because it happened to me as well.

I was very lucky though, my PFS went away after a couple of months after I stopped taking FIN.

But others are not so lucky, they suffer from it for the rest of their lives

On 5/17/2022 at 9:33 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I have never heard of a Dr. Huber

Dr. Huber is Dr. Jones' sidekick at his Oakville, Ontario clinic.

I would say his results are about the same as Dr. Jones' results

On 5/17/2022 at 6:02 PM, irontriangle said:

I progressed from the side profile photo in the classroom to the bald photos within 4 years due to my bout with finasteride and subsequent attempt to fix it. I am currently 33 and these photos were taken recently.

This is not a bad thing because you were eventually gonna wind up a Norwood 7 anyways, you just did it in a very short time.

The good news is you can now go straight to transplants.

I am not gonna lie to you, your donor is not great. 

You also have a sloping scalp which means more territory needs to be covered.

Here's my advice.  Go with 1 or 2 FUT's and try to work the front hairline as high as possible.

Leave the crown for now and wait and see how those 1 or 2 FUT's grow in.

If you get a good result do the crown afterwards using a partial scalp/beard hair transplant.

If I were you I would forget about Hasson or Huber and go straight to Dr. Cotterrill.

He's located in Toronto and does FUT for a flat fee of $5000 with no added costs.

His results are pretty good. See here: 

You have at least a 2 to 3 year journey ahead of you.  Start ASAP because the longer you wait the more time you waste.

I wish you all the best!!

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed link