Do larger sessions take longer to grow?

I was trying to do some research through the forums on this, but it was hard to find a large enough sample size to come to a conclusion.

But basically my question is, do megasessions take longer to grow and mature than more concentrated transplants that focus only on the frontal third?

In the case of @Melvin- Moderator's recent transplant and some other 4000+ graft cases such as @Gatsby, I would think that the synchronization of growth may be a little bit different, like the crown area may get kickstarted early vs the hairline or vice versa?

Some comments on YouTube seem to indicate this but I was wondering if there was any consensus opinion or not.

Particularly as it pertains to the sixth month where some people say if you are going to have a good result, by month six you should pretty much know how it is going to look. 

• Administrators

In my experience, yes larger sessions take longer to grow. Hair follicles are independent and grow at different rates. For me, the crown is growing the slowest. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I had a FUT Megasession with 5200 Grafts, I saw nearly no growth until the 6th month mark.

Now, after 2600 FUE in the second session, I saw much faster growth and could say, it is already 90% at 5 month mark. 

44 minutes ago, didu911 said:

I had a FUT Megasession with 5200 Grafts, I saw nearly no growth until the 6th month mark.

Now, after 2600 FUE in the second session, I saw much faster growth and could say, it is already 90% at 5 month mark. 

How was your growth after the six month mark?

I had a 4300 graft session that was from crown to hairline and it is coming along, but pretty slow. It's about the 5.25 month time frame right now, actually compared to @Melvin- Moderator my crown is coming in faster than the hairline, maybe because my crown had less native hair, I'm not sure.

Edited by asterix0