My upcoming hair restoration/repair work surgery with Dr. Arika Bansal of Eugenix Hair Sciences in India

Greetings all members of this great forum 

This thread will be about my plans to travel for my hair transplant, doctor choice and current hair/hair loss situation in as much detail as I'm able to say

In a few days I'm scheduled for my Hair Transplant with @Eugenix Hair Sciences and I will be flying from Malta all the way to India to get my procedure and have my hair restored to how it should be. I will to document all my experience with the clinic from beginning to end and sharing details with you.  Hopefully my experience may help the next guy who needs his hairline fixed.

It will be a long and expensive journey.. with a few challenges from airport to airport especially with the random Covid tests.. but I am immensely excited, nervous and ready for it. This is the sacrifice I'm willing to take just to have a high quality procedure. 

Out of all the hundreds and thousands of clinics around the world, I chose Eugenix. I have accepted the fact with myself and the clinic that I am not looking for perfection, only improvement and naturalness. My expectations are simply to look natural. I don't want to look like I have a bad hair transplant anymore. I don't want it to be a challenge styling my hair every time I wash my hair. I've' had a enough.

Pre-arrival stuff: I have booked the procedure dates which are split in 2 days depending on how many grafts I need. I had to pay a deposit to the clinic which was done some months back.  A few days later I got my Medical Visa which was 80, it only took 7 hours to get granted with the help I got from Eugenix consultant Amandeep! I can honestly say that getting the Visa was easier than doing the list blood tests required. I had to chase about 2 different medical centers to book an appointment, but at least they were free and I was able to get them all from the same place and receiving results within 8 days. After I had gotten the Medical Visa I booked my flights immediately. I also paid for flight insurance which costs €75 just to make sure that if I had to cancel flights because of Covid test result I would be secured. I also had to get disease vaccines HEP A, B and Typhoid.. which costed me another 120€ so that I am able to eat and enjoy food in India.  The clinic also helped me book the hotel as well and I'm planning to stay 3 days extra post procedure to recover and let my recipient area heal without any issues. 

👍 A special shoutout to Amandeep and Satyam from Eugenix who have been very responsive when it comes to WhatsApp chats and calls. They made it easy for me, especially after having a bad experience with other clinics 

Personal info and History

My name is Ryan and I'm 28 years old

Current routine:

1.  Twice a week 2% Ketoconazole Shampoo. For me it keeps the scalp cleansed and has ZERO signs of flakes. I'm not interested in hair growth from a shampoo
  2.  Once a week I do Aloe Vera scalp mask. I cut a leaf from my plant and take the gel. It hydrates my scalp for the rest of the week. I had dry scalp since I was a child 
  3.  Minoxidil foam every night before sleeping. I let it sink on the scalp. I haven't seen much difference. I am very open to trying oral Finasteride once I get approval by the doctor
  4.  Multivitamins pills towards hair. once a day after a meal. I believe it keeps existing hair looking healthy with full potential. Doesn't do anything for hair loss I believe
  5.  I don't use waxes, gels or oils for styling. I am currently heat blow-drying my hair into one position and letting stay natural. If It's a windy day ill use hair spray
  6. There were some months were I even did PRP sessions... but these are not very affordable and the results are not mind-blowing
  7. If I have to go to an occasion with a bunch of people I will get my dry shampoo spray which also darkens the hair with a powdered texture and scalp wont be visible

In 2012:  It was the year when I first started having hair loss. I had the traditional receded hair line where you you find both sides of the hair line missing and a small island of hair in the middle of the hairline. I used to keep the hair length longer in the midscalp to brush it forward and use hairspray

In 2015:  I had a small FUT procedure at a local plastic surgeon to add grafts to a hairline that was receding. It was probably under a thousand grafts in those days. I had such a small amount of hair loss with the obsession of a teen hairline.  I remember talking to him about post-op care. He simply said just stay home for a week and then you're fine. I asked him how to properly wash the grafts and remove the scabs. He answer... ''no no, there's no scabs''  What a moron. They really treated me badly. They took my money, did what little they did, patched me up and showed me the exit.... After sometime passed I realized with myself that I was left out with a long strip scar at the back and minimal results. I thought this would be a quick fix, but I was terribly wrong. 

In 2017:  After the procedure I had locally in my country, the hair loss continued to progress and I was left with grafts that looked thinned. I decided to go the Turkey, at a clinic with the name.. Hair of Istanbul. I would advice everyone not to go there. Probably one of the biggest Instagram hair mills in the world at the time.. and still is one of the biggest.. at a clinic where they do many 4 or 5 patients a day and nobody is aware of who the doctor is, the man doing the slits is clearing an idiot simply POKING HOLES IN THE SCALP WITHOUT CARE and the technicians were the most weird people I have ever seen, no communication about what I want or desire and not to mention that none of them spoke basic English. To explain how high i wanted the hairline I had to get the translator in the room to tell them. All they say is '' everyone is experienced, don't worry about it ''..   So anyway, I went to get my frontal zone completely thickened up with hair as I was tricked by the many before & after photos shown on Instagram. Even though at the time of 2017-2018 I was fine with a full head of hair, I quickly realized that something is wrong. The hair looked pluggy and harsh. It felt unhealthy due to procedure quality... the angles were all wrong (meaning I can only style my hair in one direction) I don't even want to know what tool he used for creating the incisions... it felt harsh and made loud crunching noises, my donor area was completely exhausted meaning I cannot have short fresh haircuts which I learned to live with as time passed. I also feel like the post OP care wasn't at it's best either. I mean they washed my f**%ng hair the next day for some reason. I thought it was fine at the time of doing it with lack of research but god knows what may have gone wrong or loss of grafts.  They also implanted grafts into my old FUT scar as a request, which I begged them to use beard grafts instead but they said it it's against their policy to use beard grafts at the clinic (idiots) Part of me regrets ever going there, but the biggest regret would be that I didn't do my research. They never asked me how I'm doing during the procedure or if I want to stop and take a break.. my dear brother came in twice during the procedure just to check on me himself since nobody was speaking with him and telling him about the procedure. They just wanted to get it over with as fast as possible. It still took 6 hours to finish which is probably less than the usually procedures. They probably wanted to impress me showing me how ''fast and ''efficient'' they are. What a bunch of idiots! Until this day, I still don't even know what qualifications the man who did my slits and extractions had. I was lucky enough to even know his name. 

In 2019: I went for two SMP sessions to cover up the FUT scar even more and some overharvested areas around the back. I certainly hope this wont affect the extraction process while harvesting hairs from the back, which I doubt with such advanced microscopes 

My Plan & Expectations The Doctor + Package choice

I have chosen the Premium package and I'm sure ill be in good hands with her team!

For me it's all about the artistic look and naturalness 

After 2 years of endless days and months sitting doing research about how a hair transplant should be, numerous talks with doctors and real patients I have come to the conclusion that @Eugenix Hair Sciences in India are the most suitable clinic for someone like myself.  I made it clear with Eugenix that I only trust them with my donor area and being the ones to take care of my hairline.

Regarding the grafts, I was suggested 3400.  However this is just an estimate and the correct amount will be discussed and decided on day of consultation with Dr. Arika 

The plan is to remove any doubles from the hairline and have them replaced with singles, continue with singles along the sides to create temple points to frame the face and fill the crown at the back. Any grafts that are misplaced along the sides with the hairline will also be removed and placed as filler in the frontal zone. My hairline is completely filled with grafts that all had hidden telogens. A new hairline will be drawn at the same height from glabella along with conservative temporal points brought out slightly, this will give the desired frame to my face that I've always dreamed about. I am trying to achieve BALANCE to my face. Soft singles that are harvested and taken from correct areas from the back will be transplanted in the first row in the hairline to begin a soft gateway to my face and adding destiny to any missing spots behind those rows. The next plan is to bring out the temple points slightly, in a way that will frame the face evenly and give a natural profile. I was born with a big forehead.. all my teen years I was conscious of my forehead, not because it was 7cm or 8cm high from the glabella but only because I realize that the lack of temple points was making my head look bigger than it should and the fact that my temple points have faded into thin hair it automatically makes my forehead wide! This gives a very unnatural look when having a thick hairline, almost like a wig you may say. Finally, I would address the crown and slightly entering into midscalp area. The progression of hair loss on the crown was my fault. I should of gotten on medication quicker rather than rushing for a quick fix with surgeries. With this amount of grafts plus the use of Finasteride I am confident it will be a satisfying job to achieve desired closure to this empty area. I'm not a doctor,  this is all estimate based on my own personal knowledge and high regarded interested in what needs to be done. I wish to be involved in my own procedure as much as possible, rather than sitting down and accepting everything. I'm ready to accept what is right and what shouldn't be done.  I have put all my faith and trust into Eugenix by choosing them

The Doctor + Package choice

After the video consultation I felt confident and decided to go with Dr. Arika Bansal. I chose her for a couple of reasons

• She knows what I'm required without myself needing to explain too much
  • She understands hairline shapes and temporal points. (the M shaped hairline) How it should look like on someone my age. Making sure it will look acceptable and natural in the future at ages of 35... 45.. etc...
  • She is fantastic at donor management and she cares about how it will look afterwards, preserving for future needs  
  • She knows what hair characteristics the hairline should consist of,  the singles, the number of grafts for full coverage and the direction in which the hairs must grow
  • She deals with corrective patients frequently, therefore I feel confident that she knows all expectations for my situation. Especially removal of old grafts and replacements. I feel confident that I won't be a surprise for her compared to previous patients that had similar hairlines like mine. She spoke honestly about removing grafts and the chance of them coming back, while our plan was to implant soft singles for guaranteed assurance of a great future result.
  • We discussed the importance of implanting grafts to thicken the hair behind the frontal zone with microscopes to avoid damage and unhealthy growth

I chose the Premium Package which will all be led by Dr. Arika. She will do all the design, slits and important extractions (especially removal of old grafts) 

Gratitude to a few names

Before I continue I would like to say thank you to a few people!

@Melvin- Moderator  Melvin was the one that made me join the forum, after lurking so long in his YouTube channel, I was grateful to be able to continue to learn and educate myself more about hair transplantation after under going to whole procedure twice in the past. This forum is a fantastic research tool  for everyone.  @Yaasar - The Alpha  Yasar has been very inspiring to me because he also had a bad experience and corrected his hairline. I followed his result from beginning to end, and after a few chats, we became friends!   @MazAB  Armen is another guy that inspired me, simply because he is very well educated how a hair transplant should be and also because he offered to personally call me and answer any questions that I needed. @kirkland @Gatsby Ian and Adrian. Two gentlemen in the forum who have helped many people and always offer honest replies to whatever people say.  @Bandit90 About a month ago I also had a surprise WhatsApp call from Dr. Pradeep Sethi and John while he got his procedure, which was nice call to get speak with John about his big procedure and now becoming friends on this forum. 

This will technically be my third transplant procedure. I appreciate anyone who gives me feedback, suggestions and also tips about travelling to India and travel in general. Info about anything actually. What to do, what not to do. What to take with me, what not to take with me. What best to eat before the procedure? what to avoid? What to eat after the procedure? What to avoid eating or drinking? Leave it all down below. Yeah sure I can ask all this to the doctor and call it a day. Nothing wrong with asking real patients on forums... no matter what the experts on YouTube video says. Forums are the best place for discussion. Write anything you want, even the obvious. It's not only about me. This thread might help someone else.   I know most questions are meant to ask the doctors but that is one opinion. I am always open to listen to patient personal experiences as well

Thanks guys 🤚

Edited by Ryan Daniel
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a lot Ryan for sharing all this with the forum and hopefully it saves others making the same mistakes. 

I really hope Eugenix can take care of your situation and 100% get you that result you are hoping for and then some!

I'm going next month and i 100% know what you mean about needing to do the temple points. Mine washed out very early on in my mid teens and made my forehead look much wider and aged me. Only now do i realise it wasn't just that i looked older than my peers because of facial hair, height etc. but because i had lost my temples almost completely. I also told Dr Das who i'm scheduled with that it's the #1 goal of my hair transplant and tbh, if i wasn't having them done, i wouldn't bother with a hair transplant at all. It's that important imo to framing your face. 

I can't see your pictures on my phone or clicking them, but thanks for sharing as many as you can. 

Regarding tips, @Berba11has helped me with stuff too planning for when i go and mentioned to me downloading the Zomato app to get food delivered directly to the hotel. I have decided that rather than risk going out where there's dirt, pollution etc. typically in the city environment of India its better to stay indoors post procedure and only travel as necessary. Also reducing the risk of hitting my head on doors/roofs of a rickshaw or car etc. 

I hope i can go back to India some day as a tourist with friends or a partner. 

I have recently purchased a memory foam neck pillow and it has a high neck support and cushions on the side so it stops your head falling over to the sides and potentially touching your temple point grafts. I used Amazon UK for mine. So definitely recommend this for you too. 

Also, i have been wracking my brains on how to avoid me potentially touching my grafts whilst sleeping. Some recommended trying to tie your wrists with a rope to your ankle etc. but somebody also mentioned maybe having a zip up hoody for the clinic as it can get chilly. So i've decided, i can kill two birds with one stop. My plan is to buy an oversized zip hoody that is stretchy and at night, zip it up and then slip my arms out the sleeves and have them wrapped around my torso with no way to sleepily get out to scratch my head. 

Somebody also recommended having as many slip on footwear options with you as possible so that you aren't constantly looking down and having the grafts be put into a position where gravity maybe pushes them outwards in the first few days. 

Hoping to hear how your journey goes! 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Greetings all members of this great forum 

This thread will be about my plans to travel for my hair transplant, doctor choice and current hair/hair loss situation in as much detail as I'm able to say

In a few days I'm scheduled for my Hair Transplant with @Eugenix Hair Sciences and I will be flying from Malta all the way to India to get my procedure and have my hair restored to how it should be. I will to document all my experience with the clinic from beginning to end and sharing details with you.  Hopefully my experience may help the next guy who needs his hairline fixed.

It will be a long and expensive journey.. with a few challenges from airport to airport especially with the random Covid tests.. but I am immensely excited, nervous and ready for it. This is the sacrifice I'm willing to take just to have a high quality procedure. 

Out of all the hundreds and thousands of clinics around the world, I chose Eugenix. I have accepted the fact with myself and the clinic that I am not looking for perfection, only improvement and naturalness. My expectations are simply to look natural. I don't want to look like I have a bad hair transplant anymore. I don't want it to be a challenge styling my hair every time I wash my hair. I've' had a enough.

Pre-arrival stuff: I have booked the procedure dates which are split in 2 days depending on how many grafts I need. I had to pay a deposit to the clinic which was done some months back.  A few days later I got my Medical Visa which was 80, it only took 7 hours to get granted with the help I got from Eugenix consultant Amandeep! I can honestly say that getting the Visa was easier than doing the list blood tests required. I had to chase about 2 different medical centers to book an appointment, but at least they were free and I was able to get them all from the same place and receiving results within 8 days. After I had gotten the Medical Visa I booked my flights immediately. I also paid for flight insurance which costs €75 just to make sure that if I had to cancel flights because of Covid test result I would be secured. I also had to get disease vaccines HEP A, B and Typhoid.. which costed me another 120€ so that I am able to eat and enjoy food in India.  The clinic also helped me book the hotel as well and I'm planning to stay 3 days extra post procedure to recover and let my recipient area heal without any issues. 

👍 A special shoutout to Amandeep and Satyam from Eugenix who have been very responsive when it comes to WhatsApp chats and calls. They made it easy for me, especially after having a bad experience with other clinics 

Personal info and History

My name is Ryan and I'm 28 years old

Current routine:

1.  Twice a week 2% Ketoconazole Shampoo. For me it keeps the scalp cleansed and has ZERO signs of flakes. I'm not interested in hair growth from a shampoo
  2.  Once a week I do Aloe Vera scalp mask. I cut a leaf from my plant and take the gel. It hydrates my scalp for the rest of the week. I had dry scalp since I was a child 
  3.  Minoxidil foam every night before sleeping. I let it sink on the scalp. I haven't seen much difference. I am very open to trying oral Finasteride once I get approval by the doctor
  4.  Multivitamins pills towards hair. once a day after a meal. I believe it keeps existing hair looking healthy with full potential. Doesn't do anything for hair loss I believe
  5.  I don't use waxes, gels or oils for styling. I am currently heat blow-drying my hair into one position and letting stay natural. If It's a windy day ill use hair spray
  6. There were some months were I even did PRP sessions... but these are not very affordable and the results are not mind-blowing
  7. If I have to go to an occasion with a bunch of people I will get my dry shampoo spray which also darkens the hair with a powdered texture and scalp wont be visible

In 2012:  It was the year when I first started having hair loss. I had the traditional receded hair line where you you find both sides of the hair line missing and a small island of hair in the middle of the hairline. I used to keep the hair length longer in the midscalp to brush it forward and use hairspray

In 2015:  I had a small FUT procedure at a local plastic surgeon to add grafts to a hairline that was receding. It was probably under a thousand grafts in those days. I had such a small amount of hair loss with the obsession of a teen hairline.  I remember talking to him about post-op care. He simply said just stay home for a week and then you're fine. I asked him how to properly wash the grafts and remove the scabs. He answer... ''no no, there's no scabs''  What a moron. They really treated me badly. They took my money, did what little they did, patched me up and showed me the exit.... After sometime passed I realized with myself that I was left out with a long strip scar at the back and minimal results. I thought this would be a quick fix, but I was terribly wrong. 

In 2017:  After the procedure I had locally in my country, the hair loss continued to progress and I was left with grafts that looked thinned. I decided to go the Turkey, at a clinic with the name.. Hair of Istanbul. I would advice everyone not to go there. Probably one of the biggest Instagram hair mills in the world at the time.. and still is one of the biggest.. at a clinic where they do many 4 or 5 patients a day and nobody is aware of who the doctor is, the man doing the slits is clearing an idiot simply POKING HOLES IN THE SCALP WITHOUT CARE and the technicians were the most weird people I have ever seen, no communication about what I want or desire and not to mention that none of them spoke basic English. To explain how high i wanted the hairline I had to get the translator in the room to tell them. All they say is '' everyone is experienced, don't worry about it ''..   So anyway, I went to get my frontal zone completely thickened up with hair as I was tricked by the many before & after photos shown on Instagram. Even though at the time of 2017-2018 I was fine with a full head of hair, I quickly realized that something is wrong. The hair looked pluggy and harsh. It felt unhealthy due to procedure quality... the angles were all wrong (meaning I can only style my hair in one direction) I don't even want to know what tool he used for creating the incisions... it felt harsh and made loud crunching noises, my donor area was completely exhausted meaning I cannot have short fresh haircuts which I learned to live with as time passed. I also feel like the post OP care wasn't at it's best either. I mean they washed my f**%ng hair the next day for some reason. I thought it was fine at the time of doing it with lack of research but god knows what may have gone wrong or loss of grafts.  They also implanted grafts into my old FUT scar as a request, which I begged them to use beard grafts instead but they said it it's against their policy to use beard grafts at the clinic (idiots) Part of me regrets ever going there, but the biggest regret would be that I didn't do my research. They never asked me how I'm doing during the procedure or if I want to stop and take a break.. my dear brother came in twice during the procedure just to check on me himself since nobody was speaking with him and telling him about the procedure. They just wanted to get it over with as fast as possible. It still took 6 hours to finish which is probably less than the usually procedures. They probably wanted to impress me showing me how ''fast and ''efficient'' they are. What a bunch of idiots! Until this day, I still don't even know what qualifications the man who did my slits and extractions had. I was lucky enough to even know his name. 

In 2019: I went for two SMP sessions to cover up the FUT scar even more and some overharvested areas around the back. I certainly hope this wont affect the extraction process while harvesting hairs from the back, which I doubt with such advanced microscopes 

My Plan & Expectations The Doctor + Package choice

I have chosen the Premium package and I'm sure ill be in good hands with her team!

For me it's all about the artistic look and naturalness 

After 2 years of endless days and months sitting doing research about how a hair transplant should be, numerous talks with doctors and real patients I have come to the conclusion that @Eugenix Hair Sciences in India are the most suitable clinic for someone like myself.  I made it clear with Eugenix that I only trust them with my donor area and being the ones to take care of my hairline.

Regarding the grafts, I was suggested 3400.  However this is just an estimate and the correct amount will be discussed and decided on day of consultation with Dr. Arika 

The plan is to remove any doubles from the hairline and have them replaced with singles, continue with singles along the sides to create temple points to frame the face and fill the crown at the back. Any grafts that are misplaced along the sides with the hairline will also be removed and placed as filler in the frontal zone. My hairline is completely filled with grafts that all had hidden telogens. A new hairline will be drawn at the same height from glabella along with conservative temporal points brought out slightly, this will give the desired frame to my face that I've always dreamed about. I am trying to achieve BALANCE to my face. Soft singles that are harvested and taken from correct areas from the back will be transplanted in the first row in the hairline to begin a soft gateway to my face and adding destiny to any missing spots behind those rows. The next plan is to bring out the temple points slightly, in a way that will frame the face evenly and give a natural profile. I was born with a big forehead.. all my teen years I was conscious of my forehead, not because it was 7cm or 8cm high from the glabella but only because I realize that the lack of temple points was making my head look bigger than it should and the fact that my temple points have faded into thin hair it automatically makes my forehead wide! This gives a very unnatural look when having a thick hairline, almost like a wig you may say. Finally, I would address the crown and slightly entering into midscalp area. The progression of hair loss on the crown was my fault. I should of gotten on medication quicker rather than rushing for a quick fix with surgeries. With this amount of grafts plus the use of Finasteride I am confident it will be a satisfying job to achieve desired closure to this empty area. I'm not a doctor,  this is all estimate based on my own personal knowledge and high regarded interested in what needs to be done. I wish to be involved in my own procedure as much as possible, rather than sitting down and accepting everything. I'm ready to accept what is right and what shouldn't be done.  I have put all my faith and trust into Eugenix by choosing them

The Doctor + Package choice

After the video consultation I felt confident and decided to go with Dr. Arika Bansal. I chose her for a couple of reasons

• She knows what I'm required without myself needing to explain too much
  • She understands hairline shapes and temporal points. (the M shaped hairline) How it should look like on someone my age. Making sure it will look acceptable and natural in the future at ages of 35... 45.. etc...
  • She is fantastic at donor management and she cares about how it will look afterwards, preserving for future needs  
  • She knows what hair characteristics the hairline should consist of,  the singles, the number of grafts for full coverage and the direction in which the hairs must grow
  • She deals with corrective patients frequently, therefore I feel confident that she knows all expectations for my situation. Especially removal of old grafts and replacements. I feel confident that I won't be a surprise for her compared to previous patients that had similar hairlines like mine. She spoke honestly about removing grafts and the chance of them coming back, while our plan was to implant soft singles for guaranteed assurance of a great future result.
  • We discussed the importance of implanting grafts to thicken the hair behind the frontal zone with microscopes to avoid damage and unhealthy growth

I chose the Premium Package which will all be led by Dr. Arika. She will do all the design, slits and important extractions (especially removal of old grafts) 

Gratitude to a few names

Before I continue I would like to say thank you to a few people!

@Melvin- Moderator  Melvin was the one that made me join the forum, after lurking so long in his YouTube channel, I was grateful to be able to continue to learn and educate myself more about hair transplantation after under going to whole procedure twice in the past. This forum is a fantastic research tool  for everyone.  @Yaasar - The Alpha  Yasar has been very inspiring to me because he also had a bad experience and corrected his hairline. I followed his result from beginning to end, and after a few chats, we became friends!   @MazAB  Armen is another guy that inspired me, simply because he is very well educated how a hair transplant should be and also because he offered to personally call me and answer any questions that I needed. @kirkland @Gatsby Ian and Adrian. Two gentlemen in the forum who have helped many people and always offer honest replies to whatever people say.  @Bandit90 About a month ago I also had a surprise WhatsApp call from Dr. Pradeep Sethi and John while he got his procedure, which was nice call to get speak with John about his big procedure and now becoming friends on this forum. 

Pictures, Pics and Photos 

I have done my best to take very clear shots for you guys, focusing on concerned areas and also showing the donor area                                           

Below I have the only proof of procedure that I have of getting a procedure showing that all hairs on front zone of my scalp are transplanted. You all probably want to see photos from my FUE procedure in Turkey before and after stuff. Unfornately I lost all that date when my phone fell in the sea a few years back and this post op shot was the only thing I could get my hands on.  I highlighted the area that was all transplanted in 2017. I assume that if I didn't have any surgery I would be almost completely on half my scalp since I never decided to get on medication (big mistake)

image.png.dd14c1aa79960a6b4fc0c3c74d8a6f72.png               1778877341_2017surgery.png.06d868cd27d75464d90737c58711e7e3.png   

The next photos will be showing me in a typical day to day under room lighting.

I made sure my hair looked at it's worst in these photos because it will be difficult to highlight the issues when hair is nice, styled and concealed 

I decided to keep my hair longer for these. These photos are without any hair product or hair fibers 

In this photo you can see the receded temple point along with many hairs across the hairline growing in wrong directions and unhealthy ways. 

1.jpg.7e4a12416d19f13116d03c7add2b6ab4.jpg       

In the next photo you can see the hairline completely filled with doubles and even the singles are thick follicles. All growing upwards and straight directions

4.thumb.jpg.7014802780989ebc81dea7435b386f1c.jpg

In the third photo there are a number of problems which have been bothering me for a couple of years now

Once again we can see doubles everywhere, but the worst thing is the way they managed to plant grafts on the sides of the head. Initially I thought this would be a  good way to connect the hairline to the sides of the hair but I was definitely wrong. The hairs are thick, doubles, wiry and bad directions. 

2.jpg.e9e6257eeaac03d3dc6950cb5a687f26.jpg

A GIF showing entire scalp under room light

gif4.gif.ab5d5e5948dd42e72be64e8f41dc512d.gif

Now the following photos will be showing me under natural light, again without any hair product or hair fibers

A closer look here showing that every hair on the first row has hidden telogens, this is simply because Turkish technicians use their eyes not microscopes.....                                     Also lack of face framing due to no temple points at all. I was born with non existent male temporal points. If I had any, they were pushed back since I was in my teens 

5.thumb.jpeg.e00395590c209579f54973d6daf4b9a0.jpeg

Crown area completely thinned out but not gone yet. My plan will be to get it filled in with grafts and then let oral Finasteride improve it afterwards

The area where the crown enters the scalp thinning area is where I would be without the transplanted areas in front of it 

9.thumb.jpeg.f23df0d14c9b8b9bf623644b3f327d2a.jpeg 

I decided to spread my hair out for this shot. Making it look as TERRIBLE as possible. I wanted to point out how literally everywhere is just covered in doubles and triples.. and the worse thing is that most grafts are implanted with wrong directions. I am only able to style my hair upwards.  Some people might say it's easy to style because my hair stays up without product or hairspray but trust me, this isn't any benefit to me

Once again, you can all see how wide my forehead is.  No frame to the face whatsoever. Just a harsh and thick hairline making myself looking very odd and unpleasant

I have very pale hair and brown to dark hair... so the contrast is very high in my case, which does not help at all

8.thumb.jpeg.5073d4414285a53fe8023c46d5aa5593.jpeg

Next I have attached a close up shot and also a GIF for the left side hairs. This is what happens when I try to pull my hairs on the left side of my hairline. These hairs are connected to the side of my head. As you can all see, there is NO FRAMING TO MY FACE. 

349788194_newgif2(1).thumb.jpg.2ee43e920067d0a279450d8998cbba1d.jpg

It breaks my heart looking at this kind of work and has been bothering me on a daily basis.  Whenever I get a haircut, I have to cut these individual hairs with scissors, to try and match them and styled flat.  Because if I keep them long, they go all over the place and if I cut them short, they look like hair plugs.  These little buggers will be the first thing to be mentioned at the clinic 😂  Also... all hairs have been transplanted wrong on this side.  The GIF on the right side will demonstrate all my problems. 

968769212_newgif2(1).gif.ca95bcc1027a762d4bddf9b968f3a663.gif                                             2032005587_IMG_8370(1).gif.fc8a67b452a29c4869b6e33a28dd4cb0.gif

Now lets have a look at the crown and the donor area 

It's not easy taking a crown shot by yourself haha, I did my best to take a very clear close up of my crown here

I've been thinning on the crown for about 7 years at least. It's been thinning out very slowly, which allows me to get it transplanted and maintained with medication 

6.thumb.jpeg.d426f0e04c530d58ee39e10746fe3836.jpeg

A quick GIF taking look at the overall donor area under a strong light 

I have very coarse hair, which grows straight and turns wavy after some length. I believe I have a good hair type for the procedure and enough donor area to give it one more shot properly for the desired goals proposed to the doctor. Eugenix are also great at using beard grafts for fillers as density, mixed with scalp grafts. So that is an option too! Towards the lower part of the donor area, the place known as the nape area I found myself feeling many soft hairs and thin singles, which I would definitely like to see get implanted all over the hairline. Some people might say I have good donor, some might say it only looks good because I keep it long and there is some SMP into it. Who knows? I still believe I can harvest 2700 grafts it and that will a good amount to have a pleasant result. I'm confident Eugenix will leave my donor area in a good condition

DONOR AREA 

239279651_newgif2(2).gif.0617d0002498a2c760fbce6e78957309.gif

22.png.1a5ad4ecf6191c48790c333ba04e8cec.png                                    11.png.b3329205af9efd928be89e8e43a3e182.png               

Right side of the donor                                                                                                                                          Left side of the donor 

Below I've attached a back shot with me and my dad.  Regardless of what happens in my procedure, I will 100% get on oral medication

dadnme.png.098e02981bfc40ecc851321f20ec21d8.png

Me and my dad have similar hair types. He lost his hair line a few years ago but still hanging on the some of the crown. His donor area is excellent. He is almost 60 years old and I actually think his back looks better than mine! That's all for now. I certainly hope I tackled everything. If I didn't, you guys can let me know right? Haha I hope I didn't bore anyone with such a long thread. 

This will technically be my third transplant procedure. I appreciate anyone who gives me feedback, suggestions and also tips about travelling to India and travel in general. Info about anything actually. What to do, what not to do. What to take with me, what not to take with me. What best to eat before the procedure? what to avoid? What to eat after the procedure? What to avoid eating or drinking? Leave it all down below. Yeah sure I can ask all this to the doctor and call it a day. Nothing wrong with asking real patients on forums... no matter what the experts on YouTube video says. Forums are the best place for discussion. Write anything you want, even the obvious. It's not only about me. This thread might help someone else.   I know most questions are meant to ask the doctors but that is one opinion. I am always open to listen to patient personal experiences as well

Thanks guys 🤚

Thank you for such a detailed write up. We wish you the best of luck for your future.

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

Hey Ryan,

What an excellent, detailed write up! 👏 Remember that Eugenix are equally skilled in repair work as they are in hair transplantation. I know, like myself, that you will redeem your previous surgical losses by choosing Eugenix and they will definitely take care of you on every level. I'm in your corner and looking forward to following your journey. All I really have to add is to 'enjoy' your experience there. All the best mate!

• Like 1

Hey @Ryan Daniel, like we talked about, the red carpet treatment you are about to receive will be a whole different experience from your first experience in Turkey. Your journey will help so many that are fortunate enough to hit this forum before making the rookie mistake of going to Turkey or any other of the many  clinics worldwide that perform poor, below industry standard results. The one thing that is good in your case is that you don't have wasted donor, so plenty in the bank for you my friend. 

Without question,@Eugenix Hair Sciences will turn you into a superstar!

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Thanks a lot Ryan for sharing all this with the forum and hopefully it saves others making the same mistakes. 

I really hope Eugenix can take care of your situation and 100% get you that result you are hoping for and then some!

I'm going next month and i 100% know what you mean about needing to do the temple points. Mine washed out very early on in my mid teens and made my forehead look much wider and aged me. Only now do i realise it wasn't just that i looked older than my peers because of facial hair, height etc. but because i had lost my temples almost completely. I also told Dr Das who i'm scheduled with that it's the #1 goal of my hair transplant and tbh, if i wasn't having them done, i wouldn't bother with a hair transplant at all. It's that important imo to framing your face. 

I can't see your pictures on my phone or clicking them, but thanks for sharing as many as you can. 

Regarding tips, @Berba11has helped me with stuff too planning for when i go and mentioned to me downloading the Zomato app to get food delivered directly to the hotel. I have decided that rather than risk going out where there's dirt, pollution etc. typically in the city environment of India its better to stay indoors post procedure and only travel as necessary. Also reducing the risk of hitting my head on doors/roofs of a rickshaw or car etc. 

I hope i can go back to India some day as a tourist with friends or a partner. 

I have recently purchased a memory foam neck pillow and it has a high neck support and cushions on the side so it stops your head falling over to the sides and potentially touching your temple point grafts. I used Amazon UK for mine. So definitely recommend this for you too. 

Also, i have been wracking my brains on how to avoid me potentially touching my grafts whilst sleeping. Some recommended trying to tie your wrists with a rope to your ankle etc. but somebody also mentioned maybe having a zip up hoody for the clinic as it can get chilly. So i've decided, i can kill two birds with one stop. My plan is to buy an oversized zip hoody that is stretchy and at night, zip it up and then slip my arms out the sleeves and have them wrapped around my torso with no way to sleepily get out to scratch my head. 

Somebody also recommended having as many slip on footwear options with you as possible so that you aren't constantly looking down and having the grafts be put into a position where gravity maybe pushes them outwards in the first few days. 

Hoping to hear how your journey goes! 

Thanks for the detailed response! 

3 hours ago, graft81 said:

Looking forward to your result.

But why did you have FUT for the small procedure in 2015 and not FUE?

And what are the current prices at Eugenix?

this link is inactive

https://eugenix.in/international-patients/Cost-of-hair-transplant

Thank you sir

I didnt get to choose the method. I sat on a chair and accepted whatever they did to me.  I was young and uneducated..  really regret it. However i believe a scar is easier to fix than an butchered fue donor area

Thanks for the detailed response this will help a lot of people including myself. I hope everything goes well and you get the desired look you crave.

One thing that puzzles me is that you haven’t started finasteride yet… you had your first hair transplant years ago and I am sure you saw the further thinning on your head. I would have started finasteride yesterday! 

Regardless I wish you nothing but the best! 

P.s. I can’t view the pictures unfortunately

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

Nice detailed write up Ryan (and thanks for the mention!).  I can't wait for you to start your Eugenix journey.  You are a very knowledgeable guy which is evident through conversation and posts on here. You have done your research well and will reap the rewards in your choice of doctor and clinic. I know that Dr Pradeep & Dr Arika will take great care of you over there and make it an experience you won't forget. The cloud hanging over from your poor previous transplants is about to disappear! 

PS I cant see the pictures too! 

• Like 3

I am on the same boat as you are. Had a terrible hair transplant from a "reputable" Turkish Dr. and now have many multiples, including triples, in the front of my hairline. Wish you the best, and let us know how it goes. I'd like to start planning a repair as well. 

• Like 1